Gun mart super center my Juliet

Am not a huge gander mtn fan but I got to run through the store today,all I can say is Holy 4473 batman! This place is loaded !!!!!!
Biggest selection of guns I've ever seen, they price match everyone and each purchase comes with a free inspection twice a year. Takes a lot to impress me but I'll say these local shops better start treating buyers and shoppers right cause this new store means business!!!!!

Every sig pistol, desert eagles, 5 beretta 1301 shotguns,Benelli everything, amazing and worth the trip!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.
  • Like 1

I'm not downing the store, but before driving from Columbia; have you forgotten why you weren't impressed before? Probably the pricing? Right?

I've been in several times, and the store and its selection is amazing. The sheer size of the firearms display is mind-numbing.

The ammo selection is very good, except for finding 22 on a daily basis.

But if you are expecting tremendously low prices on ammo and guns...you will not find it unless it is a special sale.

And I do like the store. It is bright and clean, the staff seems to be well trained. And so far, everyone I've spoken with has been very friendly.

Otherwise, it reminds me of Bass Pro.

Will I shop there frequently? Probably not.

Will I shop there? Yes. If I happen to be headed in that direction. It is 25 miles each way for me, so not a jump in the car and go browse event these days for me.

They better price match because the prices I saw a few weeks ago were significantly greater than local gun shops.  I think they are looking for the casual off the street gun purchaser or impulse buyer while in there buying something else.  I mentioned to one of the guys behind the counter that the prices were in general somewhat elevated, and he just shook his head yes, of course said nothing.  

You can get a better deal at multiple local gun shops on routine pricing.  Not to mention the internet.

I'm not downing the store, but before driving from Columbia; have you forgotten why you weren't impressed before? Probably the pricing? Right?

If/when I go I will swing over after work, from Nashville. Not going to make the drive from Columbia there just to look around.

Gander's Price Match Policy

Retail Store Policy
If you should find a lower price on an identical in-stock item within 14 days at a local competitor, let us know about it and we will match that price. Visit Customer Service for complete details, restrictions apply.*

* Local is defined as a retailer within a one-hour drive of the store. Exclusions include rebates, financing offers, misprints, discontinued, clearance, or closeout prices or prices on used, damaged, returned, open box or display merchandise. For buy-one get-one offers and coupons we will meet the competitor’s price. This price guarantee does not extend to dealers, resellers or internet pricing. Proof of a lower price must be provided at the time of purchase to receive a price match. GanderMountain.com/Overtons.com prices may differ slightly from Gander Mountain retail store prices on some items. If it does, let us know and we will match the posted price.

• Like 1

The wife and I stopped in this past Saturday after dinner to let her test grip a G26. Stood there for at least 15 minutes while "employees" wandered back and forth, with a "I'll be wight with you" tossed over their shoulder as they passed by. They had I believe 4 employees at the gun counter, and 3 groups of people scattered about. The only thing I can think of is one of the groups had a hot girl in revealing clothes, because 3 of the 4 were huddled around one group of customers,not making eye contact with anyone else

No one ever did come help us, so we left. You can advertise as "Tennessee's largest gun store" but with lacking customer service, I doubt I'll be back unless I need to waste some time

[quote name="Divotmaker" post="1164365" timestamp="1404259094"]They better price match because the prices I saw a few weeks ago were significantly greater than local gun shops. I think they are looking for the casual off the street gun purchaser or impulse buyer while in there buying something else. I mentioned to one of the guys behind the counter that the prices were in general somewhat elevated, and he just shook his head yes, of course said nothing. You can get a better deal at multiple local gun shops on routine pricing. Not to mention the internet.[/quote] This. Most people who buy guns want to go in a store, try several on for size, etc. In fact few people even know about transfers and internet gun sales

Per billy at the gun counter: we will match competitions prices on guns.
I've been leary of GM,but they're not in business cause they suck....
They won't match on used guns.
Like a gun show is good for a gas block on Sunday, GM may be good for other stuff when needed. They're prices are competitive w a few other shops that have nice stock. They had a nice outdoor cooking section as well.
Hopefully they'll be an asset to all of us!

Edited by Dustbuster

Am not a huge gander mtn fan but I got to run through the store today,all I can say is Holy 4473 batman! This place is loaded !!!!!!
Biggest selection of guns I've ever seen, they price match everyone and each purchase comes with a free inspection twice a year. Takes a lot to impress me but I'll say these local shops better start treating buyers and shoppers right cause this new store means business!!!!!

Every sig pistol, desert eagles, 5 beretta 1301 shotguns,Benelli everything, amazing and worth the trip!!!

I agree, nicely stocked, friendly counter folks.

I noticed that they had a used gun at the same price as a new one, a Bersa I think. When I questioned this their response was that the used guns came from other stores and apparently that the price marked on the used ones must be what they need out of it.

Amazing selection, very cool store to browse, I'd go few times a year just to look. But in my first 3 visits (to buy 22 lr at the grand opening) I tried really hard to find anything else I could buy to reward them for selling 22 lr at old low prices, and I just couldn't find anything that was even close to a reasonable price except a shotgun vest that was on sale, and that was just an Ok price. All of the used guns I looked at were priced same or even higher than new guns, even their own new guns of the same model! I immediately thought of Franklin Gun Store pricing (gasp!), but at least Gander Mountain had a huge selection and good customer service. I managed retail for many years, and the price matching is almost always impossible to pull off, by design. They usually insist on it being advertised in a printed catalog or flyer which you have to bring in with you, and then they have to be able to confirm it is the exact same model number which is hard because most printed ads don't have that much detail, and many manufacturers ship slightly different models to each retailer (by request so they don't have to price match). And most small to medium sized local gun shops that would normally have lower prices don't do print advertising. In a few rare cases the big store can be persuaded to call a local store for a price check and to verify stock / model number, but that is unlikely and it usually takes forever for the call to complete successfully, with one of the store employees on either side usually giving up after being on hold too long or not getting enough answers. And even if it works, they are only matching the price, not beating it, so why go through all the trouble? Support the smaller business to keep them in the game. Edited by wileecoyote

Amazing selection, very cool store to browse, I'd go few times a year just to look. But in my first 3 visits (to buy 22 lr at the grand opening) I tried really hard to find anything else I could buy to reward them for selling 22 lr at old low prices, and I just couldn't find anything that was even close to a reasonable price except a shotgun vest that was on sale, and that was just an Ok price. All of the used guns I looked at were priced same or even higher than new guns, even their own new guns of the same model! I immediately thought of Franklin Gun Store pricing (gasp!), but at least Gander Mountain had a huge selection and good customer service. I managed retail for many years, and the price matching is almost always impossible to pull off, by design. They usually insist on it being advertised in a printed catalog or flyer which you have to bring in with you, and then they have to be able to confirm it is the exact same model number which is hard because most printed ads don't have that much detail, and many manufacturers ship slightly different models to each retailer (by request so they don't have to price match). And most small to medium sized local gun shops that would normally have lower prices don't do print advertising. In a few rare cases the big store can be persuaded to call a local store for a price check and to verify stock / model number, but that is unlikely and it usually takes forever for the call to complete successfully, with one of the store employees on either side usually giving up after being on hold too long or not getting enough answers. And even if it works, they are only matching the price, not beating it, so why go through all the trouble? Support the smaller business to keep them in the game.

My experience with the The one in Indiana..." wow the mag well looks like it has a gouge out of it?...,thats the only one we have besides they are all like that...oh ok thanks called on my favorite gun store the next day Hey Jerry do you have a ... sure its $.. Great I take it, and by the way the mag well was not gouged out.

For me I will find a lgs store and support them for me the big chains are not the way to go jmo