CMMG...Why, oh, why did I listen to Outpost Armory?

So, you hadn't taken it apart and put it back together initially?

But the old one works now, and with the original spring too.  

I don't know anything about a 9mm AR bolt, but seems there was likely simply something in the firing pin channel keeping the pin from protruding. Whether it was something in the way the spring was aligned or a piece of crud or sliver of machining metal or whatever, who knows.

- OS

When it didn't fire the second round I took it apart and used a key to move the firing pin forward to where it would be with the hammer at rest. It wasn't even close to the hole. You could be right about something in the channel that interferred with it's forward movement when struck. I dunno. All I care about is that it works now.

• 11 months later...

This thread has been dormant for a year. If you have a problem with it, that's your fault. Don't expect TGO or the board software company to make things right. You should have brought it up sooner.

Edited by monkeylizard
  • Like 7

I've held off on buying anything made by CMMG because of what appears to be a growing dissatisfaction with their products in the forums I frequent. The general impression I'm getting is that CMMG made good products initially but it appears that  quality has fallen off in the last couple of years. I was going to buy one of their SPK's for a build but will look elsewhere now.

EssOne

This thread has been dormant for a year. If you have a problem with it, that's your fault. Don't expect TGO or the board software company to make things right. You should have brought it up sooner.

:rofl:

I've got a CMMG .22LR 20" upper, and I've built a couple of ARs with their LPK. I've never had any issues out of either of them, so I'd buy their stuff again.

I'm building a 9mm ar pistol right now using one of their dedicated 9mm lowers. Standard LPK fit fine but it isn't finished yet. Planning on using their ramped bolt when I have some spare cash.

Having said that, I've never bought one their built firearms, just parts.

Edited by M1_Garand

LOL Really am slow tonight. I had to ponder that a few seconds.  :up:  :up:

I've got my eye on the CMMG MK-47 Mutant. I don't know why, but I like it.

I have their metal .22LR conversion kit for the AR. I like it. If I keep it clean and oiled it works just fine.

I looked and drooled over the Mutant at the NRA convention. I found it very hard not to lay down some money for it.

• Like 1