Mongomery County: Checkpoint Planned for Highway 79 this Week.

http://clarksvillenow.com/local/checkpoint-planned-for-highway-79/

A friend posted this on Facebook, figured the Clarksville (and surrounding area) people may value this info if they use Highway 79 this week.

Drive safe and remember your rights!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/01/02/here-are-all-the-rights-you-have-when-interacting-with-a-police-officer/

http://www.roadblock.org/rights/

:up:

Ummmm......how is this remotely legal if they are claiming a drivers license safety checkpoint?  Pretty sure they can't stop us JUST to verify a license without being able to articulate reasonable suspension for the initial stop!!

If they are claiming DUI checkpoint that is a whole different game to argue, but a "drivers license safety stop"?  What the hell is that?

Ummmm......how is this remotely legal if they are claiming a drivers license safety checkpoint?  Pretty sure they can't stop us JUST to verify a license without being able to articulate reasonable suspension for the initial stop!!

If they are claiming DUI checkpoint that is a whole different game to argue, but a "drivers license safety stop"?  What the hell is that?

Your driver's license is permission for the stop. They will be checking for D/L, DUI, Registration and Financial Responsibility. Your only legal recourse is to stay off the road or avoid 79/Dover Rd. I hate to bust your bubble, and I DO NOT agree with it...but, it's their right! If you don't believe me...tell them "NO" and see how that works out for you!

Dave

• Like 1

Same legality as a DUI traffic stop. Theory is that these types of stops help enforce DL laws.

I'm mainly putting this stuff up so folks are aware that the checkpoint(s?) are only to check driver's licenses. Anything else should raise a red flag.

If anything happens outside of the checkpoint(s) purpose, just be alert, and remember what you can/should and can't/shouldn't do!

I recommend rolling down the window.  Lessons learned from I think a year ago of someone not rolling down their window, turned into a fiasco I believe.

Yes, resistance is futile.  Think of the children and comply, slave, err, sir.  :angry:

I love how they creatively gloss over the fact that DUI checkpoints are no different, but they have no issues with doing those unconstitutional stops.

Not so fast! Don't you know that only a judge is intelligent enough to determine the constitutionality of an act? Muh Authoritah!

:taser:

Edited by Ted S.