Gonzales "Come and Take It" Flag on Hat of Rolling Stones reporter interviewing Taylor Swift

I've heard all kinds of complaints about seemingly everyone in Country music over the years. So-and-so is sounds like he's yodeling or good grief another cowboy song or dang, do they all have to be about somebody cheatin/running-off or that song's too twangy. Yet, the gold records keep on coming. There just ain't no way to please everyone at the same time. Nashville seems bent on attracting the younger crowd right now and Randy Travis and Roy Clark ain't gettin' er done. Nothing on the mainstream country stations holds a candle to Johnny Cash in my book, but I also like the new country and other music many would think a country fan wouldn't listen to like Beastie Boys, Dropkick Murphys, and Godsmack. If I only liked one sub-genre of one kind of music, I'd prolly be more angry if it changed.
  • Like 1
Guest kingarmory

Taylor would look great if she could find a guy brave enough to take her out to dinner every once and a while.

Yup, I'd put that girl out of a job.  Her new song called "Screen Door in a Hurricane" probably wouldn't be PG-13 enough for her target audience :devil:   She ain't my "type" per se, but tall and blonde hits two of the three prerequisites :cool:

Here is Taylor Swift in the one and only live performance of "Ronan" written about a four year old boy who died of cancer to the everlasting grief of his mother.

She performed the song live once, and by all reports burst into tears backstage after her performance and essentially fled the telethon venue.

Taylor assigned co-writer credit and royalties to the mother as the song was derived from the mother's blog about her son, and Taylor assigned her portion of royalties to pediatric cancer research. 

Since an early age, Ms Swift has given freely of her time in Children's Hospitals, especially in Pediatric Oncology wards, and especially at Vanderbilt Children's Hospital. She doesn't come for a half hour and dash from room to room, she commits to an hour and often stays for four or five hours, sitting bedside with desperately ill children, talking with them, sharing, playing a song or two, talking about boys and schools and future plans.

She has donated MILLIONS to various charities, all very google-able. 

Not every song she writes is about boys who've done her wrong. They just happen to be some of her more popular songs and you hear them more often.

Regardless, she is a preternaturally gifted songwriter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvN7BOAQn9I

Edited by QuietDan

Here is Taylor Swift in the one and only live performance of "Ronan" written about a four year old boy who died of cancer to the everlasting grief of his mother.

She performed the song live once, and by all reports burst into tears backstage after her performance and essentially fled the telethon venue.

Taylor assigned co-writer credit and royalties to the mother as the song was derived from the mother's blog about her son, and Taylor assigned her portion of royalties to pediatric cancer research. 

Since an early age, Ms Swift has given freely of her time in Children's Hospitals, especially in Pediatric Oncology wards, and especially at Vanderbilt Children's Hospital. She doesn't come for a half hour and dash from room to room, she commits to an hour and often stays for four or five hours, sitting bedside with desperately ill children, talking with them, sharing, playing a song or two, talking about boys and schools and future plans.

She has donated MILLIONS to various charities, all very google-able. 

Not every song she writes is about boys who've done her wrong. They just happen to be some of her more popular songs and you hear them more often.

Regardless, she is a preternaturally gifted songwriter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvN7BOAQn9I

Dude, we are talking about wether Taylor is bangable or not and you bring cancer into the conversation? Really?  :squint:  :shake:  :waiting:

• Like 4

Dude, we are talking about wether Taylor is bangable or not and you bring cancer into the conversation? Really?  :squint:  :shake:  :waiting:

Yup. 

I recuse myself from the bangability calculations. 

I continue to defend her excellence as a compassionate, sweet and caring woman.

I continue to defend her songwriting primacy.

I'll yield on her singing qualities, which she continues to develop and which She Herself calls a mere vehicle to express her songwriting. For example, Bob Dylan's singing flat out sucks and he'd admit it, but his songwriting & storytelling capabilities are World-renowned.

I'll yield on her Country identity. She is capable of excellence in Country music, but she is also a great Pop writer and performer, and a world class show-woman. Her concerts are masterpieces, none better. Reportedly, she would also kick your ass and all comers in a karaoke showdown.

I think of Taylor Swift as more of a . . . National Daughter or something. I don't have my own daughter, and if I did, I'd want her to be just like Taylor, smart, creative, beautiful . . . that being said, I would willingly take up a bodyguard role for Taylor Swift, Princess of Nashville. Consider me a sworn Swiftian Knight.

To repeat:

If I was about 30 years younger and single, I'd gladly sit her on my knee and feed her strawberries and cream out of a big bowl with a small spoon.

I don't think there's anything wrong with her figure that a (matrimonially induced) three-month pregnancy bump and the onset of milk production wouldn't improve . . .

Surely there's some rich, smart, handsome 30-something guy out there that'll fix that for her in the next five years . . . and commit his life to her happiness and continued success.

Edited by QuietDan

Well she wasn't really a country music singer but the all time hottest woman ever in country music, was Barbie Benton. :drool:

• Like 1