Longmire Fans Disgusted With A&E Network!

hipower

I had been watching it on Netflix, and my wife broke the news to me this morning.  I'm not too happy either.  I agree, it's sad that some reality show about towing or pawn stores or some other craps gets better nods than a decent clean show.

Edited by dats82

Just saw this on a web news page. One of the few decent shows on, but network execs would rather show these pieces of crap "reality" shows. 

It's not like the execs make programming decisions based on their personal tastes, ya know.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Moderators

The producers are shopping it elsewhere and considering the ratings numbers it pulled in, I would expect it to find a new home. It did garner higher ratings than any other scripted show on the network. This cancellation had more to do with A&E owning its own content as opposed to paying outside production companies. 

I read that Warner Brothers actually owns the show(rights) and is looking for someone to go to with it.

I really hope they are successful.

This is a really good series. Almost as good a Craig Johnson's books. And I'm sure you all know how rare it is for an adaptation of the original to be as good.

It's kind of ironic really. There are so many things that are changed from Johnson's story.

Biggest is of course the story between Walt and Vic. You can guess that this relationship is a little closer than on the show. Branch is not in the books. And Ferg...well he doesn't play nearly as big

a role.

Lucian is a one-legged crochety old sherrif. And Henry Standing Bear is a huge person. Like 250 lbs of muscle huge.

But if you have enjoyed the show, read the books.

The are great.

PS My wife is pretty teed off as well.
  • Like 1
My wife broke the bad news to me yesterday. I'm not happy either. Aside from The Sportsman Channel and The Outdoor Channel, it's getting harder and harder to find good TV lately. There's nothing else on like Longmire! I watch a few reality shows, like Broken Skull Ranch, Hell's Kitchen, and Master Chef, but I don't think they're the same as crap like Pawn Stars and Survivor.

Well I enjoyed watching it also and my only issues with is was you had to keep hunting for it because Comcast would keep changing the times it would be on and kept moving it around. Also I am really getting sick and tired of these 3 show or 5 show programing and then they say watch for next season. Since when did seasons of programing become 5 weeks. It use to be a season was like 20 weeks of programs and the a new season of a new series would begin for 20 or more weeks. That is what is pissing me off. Comcast has become the professional  rerun  Cable Company in the world...............jmho

Edited by bersaguy

Well I enjoyed watching it also and my only issues with is was you had to keep hunting for it because Comcast would keep changing the times it would be on and kept moving it around. Also I am really getting sick and tired of these 3 show or 5 show programing and then they say watch for next season. Since when did seasons of programing become 5 weeks. It use to be a season was like 20 weeks of programs and the a new season of a new series would begin for 20 or more weeks. That is what is pissing me off. Comcast has become the professional  rerun  Cable Company in the world...............jmho

Man, Comcast does not move the time slots, determine the number of episodes per season, determine programming, or anything else with these subscriber cable network channels. Comcast simply either carries them or they don't.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Man, Comcast does not move the time slots, determine the number of episodes per season, determine programming, or anything else with these subscriber cable network channels. Comcast simply either carries them or they don't.

- OS

And gets my money each month which might be changing soon.............. :rant:

And gets my money each month which might be changing soon.............. :rant:

The point is that the programming on any given channel will be exactly the same no matter which provider you have and no matter where in the country you live, know whut I mean, Vern?

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot