2014 rifle season pics, keep the pics from your stand and trail cam pics coming too!

I was out of the woods by 7:15am Saturday. There was a group from East Tennessee that was parked every where and one of the said there was 15 in their group that came to hunt. At daylight orange, was obviously the color of the day! Someone came in on me about 40 yards to my left rear. I tried getting their attention with my flash light, but that failed. At about 6 he shot a doe, climbed down, took her backstraps and left. Needless to say, I was pretty PO'd!

So, I stayed at home today. I will wait and hunt during the week when the Yo Yo's are at work or at home playing X-Box or went back to East Tennessee.

Dave

Edited by DaveS
  • Like 1

I was out of the woods by 7:15am Saturday. There was a group from East Tennessee that was parked every where an one of the said there was 15 in their group that came to hunt. At daylight orange, was obviously the color of the day! Someone came in on me about 40 yards to my left rear. I tried getting their attention with me flash light, but that failed. At about 6 he shot a doe, climbed down, took her backstraps and left. Needless to say, I was pretty PO'd!

So, I stayed at home today. I will wait and hunt during the week when the Yo Yo's are at work or at home playing X-Box and went back to East Tennessee.

Dave

I have not hunted in years,  you were way nicer than I would have been.

Me, I would start whistling and coughing till it was well into the day.

• Like 2

I have not hunted in years,  you were way nicer than I would have been.

Me, I would start whistling and coughing till it was well into the day.

I thought about it Red, but felt it was just best for me to leave. I did lay on my car horn pretty good as I drove by where they were parked.

Dave

Edited by DaveS
That really sucks, Dave! I can't imagine getting together a group of 15 to hunt deer.... especially for a morning hunt where it's like cockroaches scattering and waiting for first light to figure out if more than one of you are in the same damned tree! You just can't fix stupid...
How close to the parking area were you?
  • Like 1

#3 is down 6 point, I thought he was a little bigger rack when I shot but Im happy with him. We will eat well this winter. Looks like I will be shooting does from now on out, unless I see a big 'un.

[URL=http://s883.photobucket.com/user/Bad-Bowtie/media/Mobile%20Uploads/1109140835_zpsfra8dz7c.jpg.html]1109140835_zpsfra8dz7c.jpg[/URL]

• Like 3

That really sucks, Dave! I can't imagine getting together a group of 15 to hunt deer.... especially for a morning hunt where it's like cockroaches scattering and waiting for first light to figure out if more than one of you are in the same damned tree! You just can't fix stupid...
How close to the parking area were you?

Luke, about 200 yards. I wound up almost on the boundary of the WMA. They had gotten to my spot before I did, so I went to my back up spot. The locals that hunt that area and depend on deer for food get pretty PO'd every year when these "furenor's" come in and take the deer. They do a bit of damage and cause problems every year.

Dave

Luke, about 200 yards. I wound up almost on the boundary of the WMA. They had gotten to my spot before I did, so I went to my back up spot. The locals that hunt that area and depend on deer for food get pretty PO'd every year when these "furenor's" come in and take the deer. They do a bit of damage and cause problems every year.

Dave

I would imagine that this would be a common issue when hunting public land and the closer to the parking areas the worse it would be. I have been very fortunate to not have to hunt public land but would rather do so than do without. How does that work

in the morning? seems like you'd have people walking all around and underneath you as they head out. Seems like they would have designated areas or something

I would imagine that this would be a common issue when hunting public land and the closer to the parking areas the worse it would be. I have been very fortunate to not have to hunt public land but would rather do so than do without. How does that work

in the morning? seems like you'd have people walking all around and underneath you as they head out. Seems like they would have designated areas or something

That's about how it works. Heading in and heading out. I'm not going again until Wednesday after all the local and non local piss ants are back at work. I gave up my private property as a family feud (the property owner and his BIL) was brewing over the land. I didn't want to get caught in the middle of a family feud, so I high tailed it out of there. Now I'm looking for a place to lease.

Dave

Finally had a deer come out that I would shoot this morning just as day broke. 6 pointer, nothing spectacular, but first buck I've had in range. Shot right under that sucker! :( Well, that's bow hunting and I'm still glad to have seen one in range.

Brother It's Muzzleloader season....put the stick launcher away!

Dave

• Like 1

I know it, but I would really LOVE to get one with my bow. Probably smarter to use ML now since next one I see may not be moving as slow as this one if he's trailing a doe!

It's hard to beat the feeling you get when you put an arrow through their wind bags!

Dave

• Like 1

Finally had a deer come out that I would shoot this morning just as day broke. 6 pointer, nothing spectacular, but first buck I've had in range. Shot right under that sucker! :( Well, that's bow hunting and I'm still glad to have seen one in range.

Dang, buddy. I hate that happened. Better a clean miss than a poor hit though.

Timthetoolman came out to hunt today because I figured the deer would move ahead of this front. I've had one of the bucks that I posted earlier in the thread coming through a food plot at about 4:30 each evening so I dropped him off there. A shot rang out at almost 4:30 on the dot followed by a text that he got him.

08FDE8D8-3F58-4143-B442-7ED257316B3B.jpg

76F1ACE4-A6C8-40D6-860A-B0586A28BA03.png

• Like 5

NICE!!!

Yea it's one of the deer that I told you I wasn't sure about shooting because him having such a nice rack for a 2.5 year old deer. The rack is a decent size but he didn't have much mass. I would've have shot him if I'd been in the same situation with him running across the plot. I was glad he got him though! Nice deer.
  • Like 1