2014 rifle season pics, keep the pics from your stand and trail cam pics coming too!

Well, I am finally back in town after more than 2 weeks gone, so I hit the woods today to check my cams and hunt the evening. I'm a stupid idiot because I chose to change the card on the camera before getting in the stand (just anxious to see how many pics on there). Well, as I'm changing the SD card, I hear something up the hill near my stand... Yep, fat doe standing there watching me! And where was my bow? You guessed it... up next to my stand AND the deer. Doh! She bolted of course and I came to the realization that these animals are just toying with me, lol.

Well, I am finally back in town after more than 2 weeks gone, so I hit the woods today to check my cams and hunt the evening. I'm a stupid idiot because I chose to change the card on the camera before getting in the stand (just anxious to see how many pics on there). Well, as I'm changing the SD card, I hear something up the hill near my stand... Yep, fat doe standing there watching me! And where was my bow? You guessed it... up next to my stand AND the deer. Doh! She bolted of course and I came to the realization that these animals are just toying with me, lol.

Just thought that I'd thank you for provided me with a good laugh and a wet laptop screen because i was drinking a glass of water as I read that!

• Like 1
LOL, I can't help but imagine the conversation the deer must have had this morning...."So this guy dressing up to look like a tree is after us. Here's the plan: When he comes in and puts his bow in his stand, then comes down to see if he has any naked pictures of us...at that moment, show yourself, laugh really hard at him and then dissapear!"
  • Like 1

Here you go my neighbors, but I get to hunt from it also.daddysphone.jpg

He took his 13 yr. old nephew this morn, a little before 8 he shot a doe at about 200 yds. and a couple mins. later took theis little 4 point at near 250 yds. Used a H&R in 243. Pretty good shootin I think.

2014102595082619.jpg

• Like 4

Here you go my neighbors, but I get to hunt from it also.daddysphone.jpg
He took his 13 yr. old nephew this morn, a little before 8 he shot a doe at about 200 yds. and a couple mins. later took theis little 4 point at near 250 yds. Used a H&R in 243. Pretty good shootin I think.
2014102595082619.jpg

That's a comfortable looking blind there!

That's a comfortable looking blind there!

Luke it really is.

Its 5x6, we built it on a 5x8 trailer. He's a welder, and it was made from scrap he had lyin around. The frame is 3x3 angle and has the 6" insulation they use on metal buildings, the only wood in it is the 3/4" floor. We can heat it with a small propane heater.

The pictures of the turkey that post I some pages back were taken from this house.

Luke it really is.

Its 5x6, we built it on a 5x8 trailer. He's a welder, and it was made from scrap he had lyin around. The frame is 3x3 angle and has the 6" insulation they use on metal buildings, the only wood in it is the 3/4" floor. We can heat it with a small propane heater.

The pictures of the turkey that post I some pages back were taken from this house.

:up: on the heat! I have one of mine insulated so far and am hoping that I can get in there and insulate the other one around noon one day this week. What type of propane heater are you using? I am looking at one of the single burner heaters that screw onto the small green Coleman propane tanks but am still open for suggestions.

• Like 1

Luke thats what we use, he has one thats made like a heater. I've one in that one ground blind that I converted from the kids play house thats like a little cooker, they both just screw on those little propane bottles. Last year I took a small cast iron skillet and warmed soup and such on mine. :yum:

Luke thats what we use, he has one thats made like a heater. I've one in that one ground blind that I converted from the kids play house thats like a little cooker, they both just screw on those little propane bottles. Last year I took a small cast iron skillet and warmed soup and such on mine. :yum:

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a flaw in my plan that I'd not thought of yet. Both of the blinds we put out this year are 5'wx4'deepx5'6"tall so with insulation and a heater they should stay nice and warm. The only catch is that I didn't get the windows built last week since I was chasing cows in all of my free time (and no free time) so they won't be sealed up like i'd hoped to have them unless we get a rainy day this week so that I can get them knocked out. Even if I don't get them in there permanently like I want them it would be nice to just shoot a few screws into the hinges so that they will help keep some of the warmth in..

• Like 1
Well,,, I don't want to jinx myself but we FINALLY got the last 2 cows off of our place and back onto the neighbors. The neighbor is happy and I'm happier! I am getting firewood out of it which doesn't come close to covering my time and the damage the cows caused but hey, it's solved a problem that I hadn't cured yet so it's one less thing to worry about. Another guy came to help us run them back through and his farm is joins the other side of the neighbors place. He was showing me some trail cam pics and pics of bucks that he's taken just down the road and all I can say is wow! The 10 he killed last year was a monster! I will get him to send me a pic and post I here for everyone to drool over.
  • Like 2

Got out to mu ladder stand at 5, whew it was chilly! Saw the Momma with the 2 youngins, all eating right under my stand. Two lil fellers have little bumps on their heads. Good to know there will be a couple more bucks around to grow.

As soon as season is over you should put mineral blocks out near your stand. Make sure there is always a mineral source that will aid antler growth. Wish I'd have done that this year.
  • Like 1

I've seen 1 or 2 of those.

IMG_20141030_164359740_HDR_zpsvud4yuzv.j

Stop posting pics like these please my heart can't take it!!    Just kidding keep it up guys they are looking good. On a side note if any of these had walked out in front of me they would have been thinking to them self (what the hell was that, that fat guy just passed out!!!!)

• Like 1

Stop posting pics like these please my heart can't take it!!    Just kidding keep it up guys they are looking good. On a side note if any of these had walked out in front of me they would have been thinking to them self (what the hell was that, that fat guy just passed out!!!!)

Same here! Lmao

Had a new buck show up that I hadn't seen before. If you look at the big one that I posted a few comments up I think you'll notice some similarities.

80ECC9E9-248D-4CC2-8598-F9D5C8EBBD69.jpg

There's a huge giant getting ready to put a black box on top of that buck!  :rofl:

Man, that's a nice'n too!!

There's a huge giant getting ready to put a black box on top of that buck!  :rofl:

Man, that's a nice'n too!!

My computer had some sort of adware/malware crap on it and it's made it impossible to use certain websites and Photobucket is one of them. My laziness forces me to just snap a pic with my phone and post from there!

• Like 1

I didn't get out, I got up, wind rattling the windows, went back to bed.

I did the same thing! Of course I was going to have to leave around 4:15 so when I got up it was still really nasty. I tried to get the dog to come out from under her blanket but she wasn't having it so I took it as a sign that I should just go back to bed.
  • Like 2

Sitting out here swaying in the breeze now. Seems like all the leaves are coming down at once, lol

Woke up from a nap, jumped out of my recliner after reading your post. Decided, ehh, what the heck! In my climber now waiting on a mature deer either sex, to come on out. Good luck! Edited by rugerla1
  • Like 1