2014 rifle season pics, keep the pics from your stand and trail cam pics coming too!

Here's mine, I built it on a custom made trailer that swings down for transportation and raises to what you see, it's 5x8 x 12' high and has 2 swivel desk chairs inside, pretty comfy when the heater is on

DSC02649.jpg  

That's an awesome set up! What part of it "swings" up and down?

That's an awesome set up! What part of it "swings" up and down?

There are 5 supporting legs that hold the blind in the air, 1 on each corner and 1 in the center, all 5 pivot up/down.

The attached photo is of it down, I call it trailer mode, once leveled using the corner jacks, I then raise it using the hand crank on the ladder until the front uprights hit the back board, then it's attached using U-bolts. I also stake it down to the ground with ratchet straps this makes it rock solid on windy days.

IMG_20141014_130003051_zpsu1fkrfk9.jpg

There are 5 supporting legs that hold the blind in the air, 1 on each corner and 1 in the center, all 5 pivot up/down.
The attached photo is of it down, I call it trailer mode, once leveled using the corner jacks, I then raise it using the hand crank on the ladder until the front uprights hit the back board, then it's attached using U-bolts. I also stake it down to the ground with ratchet straps this makes it rock solid on windy days.
IMG_20141014_130003051_zpsu1fkrfk9.jpg

That's a slick setup. I guess one could be made heavy duty enough that it could be lifted with someone already in it. I'll have to keep that in mind.

That's a slick setup. I guess one could be made heavy duty enough that it could be lifted with someone already in it. I'll have to keep that in mind.

I got my idea from a MTV Ted Nugent cribs show, he had a atv that pulled a scissor lift deer stand (maybe 4'x4'), pushed a button and up it went, it was bad azz.

From last year... And due to children.... That stand is still (maybe?) in that tree, and I've not even been back to check on it.....  =\

IMG_7225_zpseb0437e3.jpg

Looks like a natural funnel for them to walk straight to you. Maybe it's just the wide view picture but I just picture them cruising in right down the middle!

I was driving by the far end of the property this evening on my way home and against my better judgement I decided to swap memory cards in the camera. I've been trying to leave them for 3 or more days between visits to minimize the chance of being seen and then only going in around noon but I figured I would pull this one while I was close by. You can't tell a lot about the deer but thought it was cool that he got right up against the camera to pose for a shot not to mention he was in there about 20 minutes after a group of doe left during day;ight so it makes me think that they are starting to rut. anyways, here's the pic,

[URL=http://s303.photobucket.com/user/lukeduke_03/media/Mobile%20Uploads/13D889A4-ACD9-4040-99CC-64D20517F7FF.jpg.html]13D889A4-ACD9-4040-99CC-64D20517F7FF.jpg[/URL]

I have been pleasantly surprised at the number of mature bucks that I have on the property this year! I saw a 10pt coming across the road heading towards the camera that this pic is from a few days before but he never stopped in for a photo session. This one makes 5-6 (two of them may have been the same buck but I couldn't say for sure because of the camera angles) "shooter" bucks that have walked by a camera so there could be more. Al have been outside or close to outside the ear width 8-10 point deer so here's to hoping for a great season!

• Like 4

I was driving by the far end of the property this evening on my way home and against my better judgement I decided to swap memory cards in the camera. I've been trying to leave them for 3 or more days between visits to minimize the chance of being seen and then only going in around noon but I figured I would pull this one while I was close by. You can't tell a lot about the deer but thought it was cool that he got right up against the camera to pose for a shot not to mention he was in there about 20 minutes after a group of doe left during day;ight so it makes me think that they are starting to rut. anyways, here's the pic,

13D889A4-ACD9-4040-99CC-64D20517F7FF.jpg

I have been pleasantly surprised at the number of mature bucks that I have on the property this year! I saw a 10pt coming across the road heading towards the camera that this pic is from a few days before but he never stopped in for a photo session. This one makes 5-6 (two of them may have been the same buck but I couldn't say for sure because of the camera angles) "shooter" bucks that have walked by a camera so there could be more. Al have been outside or close to outside the ear width 8-10 point deer so here's to hoping for a great season!

That is a really cool picture, mugshot! HA HA

I rode the 4 wheeler to the far backside of the property today to check a food plot and swap out the card in a camera. I found that I am once again having cow problems and they have been in 4 times since Friday. They are destroying food plots so tomorrow it will come to a head. I am going to have a chat with the owner of the cattle to fill him in on the problem and give him the chance to move the cattle to another area of his farm until he has a chance to stretch a couple new strands of barbed wire  down the 3/4-1 mile fence row that they are coming through or just quit running cattle in that area. I'm normally very understanding but I have spent a lot of money prepping this property for deer hunting so that I can avoid buying red meat this coming year and I'm not gonna have 3 cows ruin that for me. I will get my red meat and deer aren't the only red meat making use of my food plots. I guess I should have gone to the owner a few weeks back when the problem first started but I found two large gaps in the fence and patched them up some and then stack brush in from of those spots so I thought that maybe I had the problem taken care of. Guess that's what I get for thinking huh.. The fence is in terrible shape and most of the wire will break in two before you get a 10 degree bend in it so it should really all just be replaced. Ya'll keep your fingers crossed that this meeting goes well and is remedied quickly.

I have never even been close to this optimistic about a single season before and it seems like twice a week I'm getting pictures of a new buck that's rack is as wide or wider than his ears. If I were just seeing a bunch of doe I wouldn't be nearly as concerned but I have really taken care of my young bucks for the last handful of years and it is finally paying off so i'm not gonna have the cattle eating all the plots into mud holes and losing my draw for the deer. 

Anyways, When I was sifting through the 220 something cow pictures on my memory card I came across this guy. For some reason the pictures turned out very poorly and this is the best of the 10 that I had of him. He's got 5 on one side but I can't tell if he has the same on the other side or if he's a 9pt. Some folks have lots of high quality bucks on the property they hunt so the pictures I've been posting of my bucks may not be so impressive but for me this is the best I've ever hunted before. This one makes 6-7 bucks of about this size or bigger that have shown themselves to one of my cameras and that my friends, has me EXCITED!

[URL=http://s303.photobucket.com/user/lukeduke_03/media/Mobile%20Uploads/4245AB01-3A61-402F-83F4-93858AFFA96D_1.jpg.html]4245AB01-3A61-402F-83F4-93858AFFA96D_1.j[/URL]

• Like 1

I hunted all day Saturday. Nothing moving

My cameras show that they moved a lot today, here at least. between the 3 memory cards I pulled today I had deer at at least one of them every daylight  hour except 1-1:45pm. I think I checked them a little after 3pm.