2014 rifle season pics, keep the pics from your stand and trail cam pics coming too!

I've bow hunted some but I've never gotten into it heavily due to the weather still being nice enough to work. What bow hunting I have done has been from a climber but even being in the air I always worried about getting busted during the draw. This has been my really long way of saying that I consider you a badass if you consistently are able to take deer from the ground with a bow!!!

Lol. Will let you know how I progress. I'm a first year bow hunter for deer and suffer from acrophobia so stands are out unless they are ladders. No opportunity to put a ladder on this property so I'm brushing in and trying not to smell the place up. But I've seen deer. Just no shots yet.

This ground hunting with a bow ain't as easy as turkeys.

Butchering syntax with Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I'm a first year bow hunter for deer and suffer from acrophobia 

You would have hated the woods we were walking in today. Seemed like every 3rd step we'd have to start karate chopping spider webs that we'd walked through. I hate spiders with a passion but it's not bad enough to keep me from getting in a deer stand so I can only imagine how much more they bother you!

• Like 1

You would have hated the woods we were walking in today. Seemed like every 3rd step we'd have to start karate chopping spider webs that we'd walked through. I hate spiders with a passion but it's not bad enough to keep me from getting in a deer stand so I can only imagine how much more they bother you!

:rofl:

Rugerla and I spent the afternoon walking over some property I have hunting rights to. I found out that I've got a good bit of work to do between this season and next season because out of 110 acres we can only realistically hunt about 40 of it. It's not so thick that you cant walk through it but with no trails it would be next to impossible to get any deeper without announcing to every deer with 5 miles that you were walking through there. We did find at lest 3 good areas to hunt with 2 of those being along a nice creek bottom. The places hasn't been hunted in more than 15yrs (unless someone was trespassing) and the owner probably only steps foot on the property 5 times per year so if there is such a thing as a low pressure zone this is it. 

Here's the one picture that I actually remembered to take,

[URL=http://s303.photobucket.com/user/lukeduke_03/media/Mobile%20Uploads/046182F6-15F2-4277-9E50-F0F442C69945.jpg.html]046182F6-15F2-4277-9E50-F0F442C69945.jpg[/URL]

• Like 1
Definitely thick and thick is good for deer...because they know we can't hunt ' m in it lol. I was a Karate expert today as well, seems we took turns. I'm wore out from all the walking, gettin old stinks. But it was fun and can't wait to go back. Thanks again Luke.

Hah. Acrophobia. Fear of heights. Not arachnophobia....spiders don't bother me, but standing in a chair to change a lightbulb kinda freaks me out a little.
  • Like 1

Guys keep posting these pics. I have not been able to go as much as I would like due to health. The itch is their I just can't set still longer than 30 mins. I hope to get back out in the woods soon. Lets see some pictures with some fur in them!  

• Like 1

Hah. Acrophobia. Fear of heights. Not arachnophobia....spiders don't bother me, but standing in a chair to change a lightbulb kinda freaks me out a little.

Lol I thought it said arachnophobia too! Oops. Luke actually walked into one Web and the spider was hanging from the brim of his hat about nose level. I think that spider had Acrophobia when Luke slung him lmao. But seriously, hope you bust one out of a blind or wherever you feel comfortable. I don't mind hunting blinds at all. Definitely easier to sneak in the woods and sit down quietly when the blind is set up already. Edited by rugerla1
  • Like 1

Guys keep posting these pics. I have not been able to go as much as I would like due to health. The itch is their I just can't set still longer than 30 mins. I hope to get back out in the woods soon. Lets see some pictures with some fur in them!

Hope you get back out there soon too!

LOL man I didn't pay any attention to that. I just skimmed over it and assumed that's what it said and to be 100% honest I hand NO idea that is was fear of heights is called! 

• Like 1

Lol I thought it said arachnophobia too! Oops. Luke actually walked into one Web and the spider was hanging from the brim of his hat about nose level. I think that spider had Acrophobia when Luke slung him lmao. But seriously, hope you bust one out of a blind or wherever you feel comfortable. I don't mind hunting blinds at all. Definitely easier to sneak in the woods and sit down quietly when the blind is set up already.

:stalk: that's me when I see a nasty ol' spider.

Sorry your health is keeping you out of the woods, bud! I'm also enjoying seeing everyone's "Pics from the stand" but hopefully we'll be getting some harvest pics soon to go along with them. I've built some 5'x4' ground blinds that will be insulated here in the next few days and they are tall enough that I can stand up with my head leaned over and I'm close to 6'2" so I'm guessing that they're over 5' inside. I know you said you can't sit more than 30 min at the time but if my blinds sound like they'd work and give you an opportunity to get out for a hunt just let me know and we'll try to work out a day for you to come down for a hunt during rifle season. 

Here's one of my huntin houses, I built this as a playhouse for the kids when they were younger. Approximately 10 yrs. ago. my son was the one that painted it. It had been sitting in the back yard since then, well three years ago I put a new floor and a door, and bingo daddy'd new huntin house,aka La Casa.daddysphone256.jpgHere's the view out the north window which is the side of the house you see.

daddysphone257.jpg

and to the south, took this one last year while huntin.

daddysphone252.jpg

Edited by Sidinman
  • Like 2

Here's a pic. from my buddys huntin house, that let me use one day last year. There wer 16 turkeys all together that day and 5 were Toms. Iwatched them come out in the field just left of the pines you see. They came straight over towards me up to about 35 yds. then turned and went off toward that last one on the right.

Fifteen mins. later while the trukeys are still scratchin around in the field, 11 does come out.

Well all I can say is that only 10 left.

daddysphone253.jpg

• Like 2

Here's a pic. from my buddys huntin house, that let me use one day last year. There wer 16 turkeys all together that day and 5 were Toms. Iwatched them come out in the field just left of the pines you see. They came straight over towards me up to about 35 yds. then turned and went off toward that last one on the right.

Fifteen mins. later while the trukeys are still scratchin around in the field, 11 does come out.

Well all I can say is that only 10 left.

daddysphone253.jpg

Looks like youve got some nice napping...er... hunting blinds! What kind of range are you comfortable taking deer with a crossbow?

Luke this will really be my first year with it. Just got it back from being restrung.

I can consistently hit targets out to 45 yds., but really would like to keep my shots to around 35, 40yds.

That pic. was made Sun. which was the first time I had a chance to go.

I've got another blind that I can hunt, and a couple ladder stands also. Will try and get some photos of those some time soon.

Luke this will really be my first year with it. Just got it back from being restrung.
I can consistently hit targets out to 45 yds., but really would like to keep my shots to around 35, 40yds.
That pic. was made Sun. which was the first time I had a chance to go.

I've got another blind that I can hunt, and a couple ladder stands also. Will try and get some photos of those some time soon.

Do me a favor and keep me posted on how the crossbow hunting goes (range, effectiveness, etc). The reason for my curiousity is, I'm trying to think through some things but im thinking about trying to set up hunting opportunities for disabled vets. It would be a lot of work because I'd have to prep a lot of property in order to have enough locations that I could give as many opportunities as I'd like to. I've got plenty of people that would be willing to go out on the hunts with them if there were enough interest to need to be multiple places at once. I'm trying to think through all possible disabilities so that I can make provisions and not have to turn anyone away. I'm not sure that I could even get everything ready in time for next season due to the costs and labor involved. Maybe I can get at least enough done by next season to be able to take 5-6 guys out just to give it a trial run. I'm sure a standard compound bow would be out of the question for some of these guys hence the interest in the crossbow.
  • Like 3

Do me a favor and keep me posted on how the crossbow hunting goes (range, effectiveness, etc). The reason for my curiousity is, I'm trying to think through some things but im thinking about trying to set up hunting opportunities for disabled vets. It would be a lot of work because I'd have to prep a lot of property in order to have enough locations that I could give as many opportunities as I'd like to. I've got plenty of people that would be willing to go out on the hunts with them if there were enough interest to need to be multiple places at once. I'm trying to think through all possible disabilities so that I can make provisions and not have to turn anyone away. I'm not sure that I could even get everything ready in time for next season due to the costs and labor involved. Maybe I can get at least enough done by next season to be able to take 5-6 guys out just to give it a trial run. I'm sure a standard compound bow would be out of the question for some of these guys hence the interest in the crossbow.

Luke if you want to try out a crossbow to see how your houses will work let me know you can borrow my Horton 150, it aint the best but I am still eating a doe from last year that I took with it.

• Like 1