Bushnell AR Optics 4.5-18x40mm BDC Reticle

I've decided I'm going to have to invest in a new mount for this scope. Although I mainly shoot this gun from a bipod or sandbag, I have to run the stock completely extended to get the eye relief and that's just too different from the way I run my other AR's. As bad as I hate to sink the money into it, I'll be ordering another American Defense mount after Christmas

Dude, thanks for posting that.  It was that simple of a fix.

Yeah, I wanted to move mine further as well, but the delta ring is in the way.  Makes shooting with my nose on the charging handle impossible.  I'll try it out sometime next week or the week after to figure out if I can work with it, or I need to get rings that can mount on the rail without having to slide on from an end.

I find that putting your nose on the charging handle is unnecessary when dealing with optics.  Just a good solid shoulder pocket and a decent cheek weld will be enough.  The reason the nose to the charging handle was taught, was because in basic many had not fired rifles in their life and it was an easy reference for the iron sights. 

BTW I have two scopes with the BDC reticle, not in love with the reticle it takes up too much target and field of view.  But the scopes work great, I have a P-300 on the 300Blk rifle, and another (can't recall which) on my .223., I use an ap called strelok which replaces Nikon's Spot on, makes adjusting POA a breeze.

Got mine in today. The only thing I don't like is the amount of eye relief it needs. So much so that I've got the scope pushed forward as far as I can in this mount. It's fine, but ideally I need a more forward mount. Hopefully I get to wring it out Saturday
8F6CF98F-3E32-49B3-950E-FD489373307A_zps

Like I said earlier, I don't ever recall having the "problem" of too much eye relief! :) I'm running mine on an Areo M5 308 so I don't have an issue with being back on the stock on this one. 

Like I said earlier, I don't ever recall having the "problem" of too much eye relief! :) I'm running mine on an Areo M5 308 so I don't have an issue with being back on the stock on this one.

Tis true, I suppose it's a good problem to have, the ADM is a better mounting system anyway, so I should stop bitching

While I agree NTCH isn't "necessary", if that's how you train and shoot, it needs to stay consistent. Hence the reason I'm getting a new mount instead of adapting my shooting for that one firearm

Unless you shoot an AR with just irons, all your firearms will be the same, no nose to charging handle.  In basic was the only time I actually did it that way, since I hunted I was used to getting a good sight picture and an M16 is nothing compared to a 30/06.

I find that putting your nose on the charging handle is unnecessary when dealing with optics.  Just a good solid shoulder pocket and a decent cheek weld will be enough.  The reason the nose to the charging handle was taught, was because in basic many had not fired rifles in their life and it was an easy reference for the iron sights. 

For me, the nose to charging handle works best.  It feels the most natural for body position since I've been doing it for so long.  With my position settled, I can focus on the rest of the fundamentals.

So, since this scope is so big I'll probably need to get the FSP removed on my upper to give it the breathing room I want, which means I might as well get a free float with a low profile gas block installed....and this is how gun projects get out of control, fast.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I had gotten a 1-4 and then saw this popup. Very good deal!

Same here. I would have picked this deal but already had the 1-4 ordered. Should be here in a couple days. I guess I'll have to wait till this deal pops up again later, my funds are nonexistent lol

Anyone who didn't get one, they have a deal now with Burris PEPR QD mount for $169 after rebate.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/18935/s/bushnell-ar-optics-4-5-18x40mm-bdc-reticle-with-burris-ar-p-e-p-r-qd-mount/

Says $169 after rebate, but the price is $151.98.  Interesting.  I'm debating picking one up since it's such a good deal.

Anyone who didn't get one, they have a deal now with Burris PEPR QD mount for $169 after rebate.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/18935/s/bushnell-ar-optics-4-5-18x40mm-bdc-reticle-with-burris-ar-p-e-p-r-qd-mount/

I am beyond irritated and pissed-off over that.  That mount alone is around $100.  My $150 version of the scope itself arrived today...completed with busted lens cover.  :mad:

I am beyond irritated and pissed-off over that.  That mount alone is around $100.  My $150 version of the scope itself arrived today...completed with busted lens cover.  :mad:

I don't blame you, I'd love to have the funds to snatch one.

I also would be mad about the busted lens cover. Butler Creek purchase is in your future I guess?