New member from Clinton,Tn

Guest raymondcupp

Guest raymondcupp
Just wanted to post to say hi to everyone. My name is Raymond from Clinton,Tn. I shoot a glock 22 40cal. Love going to the range to unwind and practice. Still trying to master the kick of the gun for the second and therd shot. Any advice on this would be great. Hope to get to know everyone and if someone lives close to me I would like to find someone to go to the range with.
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DrNick1986

Welcome Raymond! 

I live in Knoxville so I am not very far from Clinton at all. 

Is your G22 a Gen 3 or Gen 4?

Where do you usually go to the range at? Maybe we can meet up sometime! 

Guest raymondcupp
Hi nick, I have a gen3 and I normally go to tactical advantage on Dutch town rd right of Lovell rd. I work 3rd shift mon - fri one week and tue - sat the next week. It is $12.00 a person per lane for as long as you like and a extra $8.00 if you share a lane up to 4 people I think. It is a great place to go and they also have memberships there also. You can look them up in the web if you like or if you know another place in mind just let me know. And also if you have a wife or girlfriend tue is lady's night you and her both can go and shoot for $8.00

Not trying to take away from Tac's business. guys, but there are some outdoor ranges in your AO as well.

Oak Ridge Sportsman:   http://orsaonline.org/

and

Windrock Shooting Range in Oliver Springs: http://www.windrockshootingrange.com/home.html

I've ventured out to Windrock yet, but plan to do so soon.

Just wanted you to know there are options. Several of us here are ORSA members as well.

Hate to sound stupid. But what is ORSA?

Sorry...just click the link above.

It's Oak Ridge Sportsman's Association

Membership is $120.00/year for family. They host shooting competitions each weekend. They have a handgun "plinking" range (bring your own targets), a Rifle practice range is being built. A 200 yards rifle range. a 1000 yard rifle range. Trap/skeet range and an indoor range.

A sponsor is required...easy... and orientation is necessary to gain access via a card.

I know little about Windrock but will remedy that within the next couple of weeks.

Guest raymondcupp
Any way we can get together sometime so I can check out ORSA or are they someone else on here that goes often to take me in there since it is a private place
Guest DrNick1986
I've shot at tactical advantage before. I prefer Frontier's range (and store overall) better but with TA being 20 mins closer, it's my usual destination.
  • 2 weeks later...