**OP UPDATED VIDEO** Resisting arrest in Nashville.

Guest S4boost

Guest S4boost

I think threatening behavior would be a pretty easy arguement for an attorney to win. 

Furthermore, I would add that  they absolutely caused a hazardous environment for the officers.  

Im still shocked to see your defense of the thugs. 

My comments in manly purple.  I think if this is tacked on, it's just the DA drawing up charges to working the odds for a plea bargain.

Verbal threats are threating behavior. Being told to get back is being told to disperse.
However, on your ride to jail I would explain to you that you and your attorney can make those arguments to the DA or in court.
  • Like 3

Verbal threats are threating behavior. Being told to get back is being told to disperse.
However, on your ride to jail I would explain to you that you and your attorney can make those arguments to the DA or in court.

Yep. Whether you win or lose in court, getting arrested is a huge pain in the ass, and usually wallet too. 

Yep. Whether you win or lose in court, getting arrested is a huge pain in the ass, and usually wallet too.

With this "I can, and will, regardless of whether I'm right or wrong; and it'll be your headache, not mine" attitude it's a wonder respect for law enforcement is down across the nation ... Edited by npgunner

With this "I can, and will, regardless of whether I'm right or wrong; and it'll be your headache, not mine" attitude it's a wonder respect for law enforcement is down across the nation ...

My respect for law enforcement isn't down. You have ALWAYS had dick cops mixed in. I have known a bunch of cops over the years that would have stuffed a couple of those loudmouth assholes, and have no problem with that. But, I'm old. 

Exactly, and my example was not 'extreme', it was exactly what happened on the video.

With this "I can, and will, regardless of whether I'm right or wrong; and it'll be your headache, not mine" attitude it's a wonder respect for law enforcement is down across the nation ...

If that was directed at me I apologize if I came across that way. My point was that our interpretations of the law might be different when I was arresting people. Arrest is not a conviction and the person will have ample opportunity to convince the DA, Judge or jury no crime was committed.

The people in that video incited the person being arrested to resist. They also were putting the Officers in danger by causing them to have to deal with them while they were trying to take a suspect into custody. They refused to move back when ordered to do so.

I do not know this to be fact, but I would bet that is illegal in all 50 states.
  • Like 1
Guest S4boost

YoU act like LEO's are supposed to be some infallible gods. They're humans just like you and me. They make mistakes at work. It happens. My dad told me when I was a young kid, if the police tell you to do something. Just do it. They see the worst of the worst and they're scared for it. They'll shoot you. And guess what, whether they shoot you cause your going for your wallet or a gun, doesn't matter. You're still bleeding. So just listen to them. Do what they say. 

The problem now days is with all the technology these mistakes are recorded. Not to mention a new generation of trash has grown up and they need to make a names for themselves. Stop blaming the people who wake up every day trying to clean up our country. Promise their job is harder than yours. 

If if you wanna blame someone blame Obama for not being a LEADER. He's had a million chances to get on that TV, defend LEO's for good arrests and correct use of force, and telling people to squash the racism stuff. The largest eradication of a certain demographic was the holocaust. I haven't heard a peep out of those folks. They moved on.  But blame him. Not bobby and dandy for trying to make a living. 

And the protestors in many respects are lawless, jobless, welfare recipient criminals anyways.

the way I see it, if you aren't paying your own bills or your child support, you don't deserve a vote. None of those people would be marching down the interstate if they had to be up the next morning at 6 for an 8 hour day. 

Respect LEOs. They're on our side. 

I used a video downloader that I have as an add on in Firefox to pull a copy for myself if anybody wants it.

should say, do you have a place I can download it from you?

(I bet when they end up in court, they have outstanding people telling but they are such good kids.)

Edited by vontar

YoU act like LEO's are supposed to be some infallible gods. They're humans just like you and me. They make mistakes at work. It happens. My dad told me when I was a young kid, if the police tell you to do something. Just do it. They see the worst of the worst and they're scared for it. They'll shoot you. And guess what, whether they shoot you cause your going for your wallet or a gun, doesn't matter. You're still bleeding. So just listen to them. Do what they say. 

The problem now days is with all the technology these mistakes are recorded. Not to mention a new generation of trash has grown up and they need to make a names for themselves. Stop blaming the people who wake up every day trying to clean up our country. Promise their job is harder than yours. 

If if you wanna blame someone blame Obama for not being a LEADER. He's had a million chances to get on that TV, defend LEO's for good arrests and correct use of force, and telling people to squash the racism stuff. The largest eradication of a certain demographic was the holocaust. I haven't heard a peep out of those folks. They moved on.  But blame him. Not bobby and dandy for trying to make a living. 

And the protestors in many respects are lawless, jobless, welfare recipient criminals anyways.

the way I see it, if you aren't paying your own bills or your child support, you don't deserve a vote. None of those people would be marching down the interstate if they had to be up the next morning at 6 for an 8 hour day. 

Respect LEOs. They're on our side. 

You seem to harbor a lot of misunderstanding and thus hate.

Calm down, take one step at a time and realize that EVERYONE has the same rights that you do. 

Guest S4boost

I understand and accept that all citizens have rights. My point is that, we strip criminals of their rights. Ie: felons. I would vote for some changes to that law to prevent more lawless criminals from "running" this country. It's gotten absurd and dangerous for everyone the way peopple in general are acting, which then puts the police on edge. 

Thanks for the belittling me though 

I understand and accept that all citizens have rights. My point is that, we strip criminals of their rights. Ie: felons. I would vote for some changes to that law to prevent more lawless criminals from "running" this country. It's gotten absurd and dangerous for everyone the way peopple in general are acting, which then puts the police on edge. 

Thanks for the belittling me though 

I am sorry you see it as belittling. That was not my goal nor intent. 

My goal was to impart some wisdom.

Hate serves no one. 

When you take rights away from someone, you take them away from everyone. 

I personally think that there are too many laws, not as if we follow all of them anyways. 

Guest S4boost

I am sorry you see it as belittling. That was not my goal nor intent. 

My goal was to impart some wisdom.

Hate serves no one. 

When you take rights away from someone, you take them away from everyone. 

I personally think that there are too many laws, not as if we follow all of them anyways. 

Breaking laws is one thing. You wanna speed, or drink and drive? Whatever. The issue comes along as a result. Which could be vehicular _________.  I feel pretty strongly that stealing a a candy bar is less severe than jumping someone and kicking them in the head a few times. Hate to be judgemental, but the boys featured in this video strike me as the kind to do that to someone.

Insert story of Albert haynesworth wanting to fight me for my girlfriend here. 

Edited by S4boost

On what charge?  Freedom of speech?

That guy resisted because of the taunting from the thugs. Once I had him in the car I would have cuffed and stuffed the loud mouth, and he would have taken the ride with him.

Guest S4boost

I just updated the OP with a new video  of news covering the incident. Apparently the video is under review for potential add on charges tho the mob. 

On what charge?  Freedom of speech?

I would have charged them with Obstructing Police (different charge than obstructing justice). But I don’t know what the specific charge in Tennessee would be; maybe they don’t have one. You would have about as much chance of using a “freedom of speech” argument in this case as yelling “Fire!” in a crowded theater when there was none.

But that's just me, the Officers chose not to arrest the guy and it all worked out.
Was that English? Other that the rather frequent expletives, I can't say I understood but maybe a couple of words.

Good for those officers for keeping their cool. I'm sure they encounter this type behavior quite frequently. Their temperament and professionalism is far and beyond what I could maintain

Ok, after I finally got to see the video it didn't show what the guy did to have police cuffs on in the first place so hard to make a judgement call on the rest of it. I will say this. Since Obama got elected in 2008 to present day and with Eric Holder as Attorney General I have seen more and more of things such as this. I can only guess that by elected our first African American President is has embolden more and more of this type of behavior and made our streets much more dangerous for everyone. Black, white, tan. yellow or red makes no difference. Look at Chicago. It is a Slaughter House with Blacks killing Blacks and Obama nor Eric Holder has made any attempt what so ever to try and help fix the situation. My guess is Obama will not be returning to Chicago when he leaves office. Evidently he was not a very good Community Organizer if you look at what happens every day there. As far as Police, since his election their jobs have gotten a 100 + times harder so I compliment all of them for putting their lives on the line everyday to try and keep law biding citizens safe...................jmho