Any East Tennessee dentists on here?

Tobashadow

When my wife had to have an implant, out dentist set her up with a program like a credit card except for dentist work called Care Credit.

She had 1 year at 0 interest.  It helped being able to spread out the payment

But they did something I didn't like, they kept a running total of what the interest would be and if you didn't pay off the balance before the year, it was going to be added to the balance.  So I made sure it was covered before that.

What part? Steer Creek here, it has been eighteen years or so since I left.

Between Tellico and Ballplay, but I went to school in town. I think I was a few years ahead of you.

I never really left. Circumstances made me sleep in Knox most of the time, but I get back as often as possible. Hopefully be back full time soon.

Between Tellico and Ballplay, but I went to school in town. I think I was a few years ahead of you.

I never really left. Circumstances made me sleep in Knox most of the time, but I get back as often as possible. Hopefully be back full time soon.

Now that you say that, we have had this discussion before, haven't we?

Now that you say that, we have had this discussion before, haven't we?

:lol:  Yeah, two or three years ago.

Woke up with it not hurting except for a minor irritation thankfully. Well if I can keep from touching it with my tongue lol.

I'm still going to have it checked Monday.

That's good.  You got a brief respite.  I would get it fixed ASAP.  

Come to think of it, I have an uncle that pulled several of my baby teeth.  I'm sure he'd be happy to pull yours for a fair price.  

No, he isn't a dentist.   :devil:

So no TGO dentists? What does that say about dentists?

gr8smiles is in Brentwood, and his people did a great job too the other day - much easier to deal with than my last dentist who started acting more like a retail electronics store trying to sell you $700 worth of add-ons every time you get your teeth cleaned.  On a first visit, I was in and out of his place with x-rays, cleaning and a checkup in under an hour.

• Like 1

This is a pet peeve of mine. I feel so bad for people when it comes to dental issues. I have worked in the field for 5 years. I have done sales my whole life and have no problem asking for big checks when it comes to transactions. When I stepped into dentistry that all changed. There is nothing like seeing someone in pain, with a limited budget. We are so behind on dental care in this country it is ridiculous. 

I hope everything worked out OK for you!

What a day finally got in to one this morning. Was laying there and he was pulling and tugging like hell then I heard crack and he jumps up and leaves. Nurse comes in and says i have to goto oak Ridge for emergency oral surgery.

By the time i got there the pain was down right hell.

They knocked me out and fixed the butchers screw up.

They was gentle as can be.

Now it's lay here and suffer from his "work" flaring up my gums.

He didn't even want to say anything to me which is dirty. The people at the surgery center pushed me right through quickly and allowed me to pay what I could.

Having extracted numerous teeth from anesthetized dogs and cats, I have great respect for dentists who do the same thing on awake patients.  I know how easy it is to break a root   Of course, when I do it, I have to keep drilling, removing bone, and working at it until the root is removed.  I assume that is why they had to anesthetize you.  

Are they going to bill you for what he did do, or does this fall under malpractice insurance?  Not that I'm saying he did something wrong; sometimes teeth break, especially if they are already diseased.  It is human nature to dread telling a patient something bad happened, even if that adverse event was unavoidable, because it will invariably look like it was completely the doctor's fault.

• Like 1
Yuck. So sorry you had to go through that! I had both of my lower wisdom teeth removed while awake but sedated on Valium. Yeah, never again! I thought I was a tough girl. NO WAY!! Sedation is for sure the way to go for any extractions.

But, as for the doc, sometimes things just don't go as planned. If he didn't complete it, hopefully you weren't billed by him. Hopefully you were given a consent form that explained possible issues that can arise too. But I think that's poor form for the dental assistant to have to be the one to explain it to you. Very poor form. Get to feeling better soon!

Sedation is for sure the way to go for any extractions.

They sedated me to do a bunch of work in Jan '14 iirc and I stopped breathing because I think they juiced me up too much (of course they wouldn't admit to it).  I remember the part about them bringing me back a little bit and having to tell me to breathe every few seconds.  After that happened, come to find out one of my coworker's daughters went into a dentist and has sedation done (around Knoxville) and she never woke up.  The only people that will ever put me under for anything again is a hospital with the proper people and equipment to address any issues that may happen.

I've never had any issues with anesthesia in a hospital setting, and just actually went under for surgery # 31 last Friday, so having those kinds of issues with the dentist will put a bit of fear in you.  I'll just stick with some novocaine and a rubber mallet to the forehead or something.

They sedated me to do a bunch of work in Jan '14 iirc and I stopped breathing because I think they juiced me up too much (of course they wouldn't admit to it). I remember the part about them bringing me back a little bit and having to tell me to breathe every few seconds. After that happened, come to find out one of my coworker's daughters went into a dentist and has sedation done (around Knoxville) and she never woke up. The only people that will ever put me under for anything again is a hospital with the proper people and equipment to address any issues that may happen.

I've never had any issues with anesthesia in a hospital setting, and just actually went under for surgery # 31 last Friday, so having those kinds of issues with the dentist will put a bit of fear in you. I'll just stick with some novocaine and a rubber mallet to the forehead or something.

Dentistry is medicine. There are good doctors and bad. I'd trust my dentist more than most regular doctors. But I can say that because I worked with him for 5 years and I know what kind of person he is. I've also worked for a bonkers Oral Surgeon who thought she was amazing and I would never let her touch me if my life depended on it.

It's funny because we've had semi-similar issues with doctors, the last time I went under I almost passed on. Internal bleeding, massive transfusion. I'm a firm believer in research and knowing who you're seeing! That's why I will still drive 2 hours to Brentwood for my dentist. :-) I like my teeth far too much!