Another Bizarro from John Sevier Range in Knoxville

after a few times shooting there I am convinced they RSO's make up rules as they go along depending on how high and mighty they feel on a particular day.

Glad to see these guys (twra) practice this no matter where they're at. I'm sure there are decent ones out there...I tell myself....but yet I have only encountered the kind this thread refers to.

I have a certain dislike for public ranges period but sometimes it's necessary for some folks to shoot at them.  I've shot at the Stones River TWRA range more than any other.  There was one RSO out there that I didn't really care fr but haven't seen that one in a while.  Most of the guys out there have a wealth of knowledge and share it only when asked.  There are a couple I've encountered out there that I didn't care for but nothing bad enough to let it ruin my day.  Sorry to hear that some of the TWRA ranges are not run as well. 

Seems like the RSOs at the Knoxville range have a wealth of knowledge, both good and bad, and give it to you even if you don't ask for it. And you better not act like you are not listening or that you didn't appreciate it or else.

Many times they were in the wrong but it was my fault for correcting their unsolicited wrong advice. Like how LC brass is so good because it is made in LENIOR CITY, not Lake City. He acted like a little kid when I told him and his only response was "Isn't Lake City in Tennesse?". Edited by Dolomite_supafly
I’ve seen some RSO’s that seemed a little heavy handed, but I just figure they are used to the lowest common denominator. But when someone asks for help they should provide it.

I’m sure sometimes it’s like being on forums; someone asks questions from those in the know and then act like you called their kids ugly when opinions are given.

Me- I'm not hunting anything, I here to target practice, this is asinine.
TWRA- THAT's IT, I'm writing that down.
Me- What down?
TWRA- That you used profanity.

Every time I read this, in my head I hear the "Me" portion of the conversation in Hank Hill's voice. Am I the only one?

• Like 5

And why does anyone shoot there?

One of only two public outdoor ranges anywhere around here, and close in. Norris is about 30 miles from center of town.

Where do you shoot?

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
These guys don't have the mental capacity to dig ditches. So when they get put in "charge" they go crazy. There is no other excuse for being such dicks. What harm could come from someone shooting a suppressor, legal or otherwise? I can understand not allowing full auto, but suppressors? It just shows you they have know basic understanding of them.
  • Like 2