FBI: Middle Eastern Men Intimidating U.S. Military Families In Colorado & Wyoming

Note that these guys have chosen states that have enacted stricter gun laws recently as the states to use to terrorize our military families. I would like to see them try that here in Tennessee. Also they are only scaring the wives and never approach the husbands. Same cowardly ways they always do things...............jmho  

Note that these guys have chosen states that have enacted stricter gun laws recently as the states to use to terrorize our military families. I would like to see them try that here in Tennessee. Also they are only scaring the wives and never approach the husbands. Same cowardly ways they always do things...............jmho  

Gonna be some sh*t when they approach a woman thinking she's the wife and it turns out she's the marine of the house.......................I have one in my family and she is not to be messed with  :rofl:

• Like 7

Note that these guys have chosen states that have enacted stricter gun laws recently as the states to use to terrorize our military families.

Wyoming is about as free a gun state as exists. Residents have total constitutional carry for one thing.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 6

Wyoming is about as free a gun state as exists. Residents have total constitutional carry for one thing.

- OS

They also have Colorado as one of the States which has had this happen; They enacted a large cap mag ban a bit ago.

They also have Colorado as one of the States which has had this happen; They enacted a large cap mag ban a bit ago.

Yeah, got all the press, but only because CO is such a big gun state to begin with, and remains so.

And btw, that mag ban hasn't really affected things much, small teeth -- 'bout all it does it ban them from being sold/transferred in-state. Possession per se is not illegal, and no burden of proof to show when or where you got them.  The ban on private sales was actually the bigger deal I think.

But CO still remains a big gun state. Certainly not one less gun or magazine in whole state than there already was.

- OS

Yeah, got all the press, but only because CO is such a big gun state to begin with, and remains so.

And btw, that mag ban hasn't really affected things much, small teeth -- 'bout all it does it ban them from being sold/transferred in-state. Possession per se is not illegal, and no burden of proof to show when or where you got them.  The ban on private sales was actually the bigger deal I think.

But CO still remains a big gun state. Certainly not one less gun or magazine in whole state than there already was.

- OS

You are correct about the effect, but they did pass the law, and had a recall election due to it so good for them, but...I'd say there are quite a few less mags: http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_24833568/magpul-pulling-up-states-heading-out-colorado

You are correct about the effect, but they did pass the law, and had a recall election due to it so good for them, but...I'd say there are quite a few less mags: http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_24833568/magpul-pulling-up-states-heading-out-colorado

Why would there be any fewer mags? Nobody had to throw them away. They can still buy them personally in other states and possess those too. People moving or visiting there can have them, etc.  Rebuild kits are not banned and can be shipped to CO, and it's not illegal to do that. (Obviously I meant in the hands of gun owners, not in a manufacturing plant).

I'm sure it has greatly slowed the rate of hi-cap magazine expansion,  but certainly not reduced the number of them.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Why would there be any fewer mags? Nobody had to throw them away. They can still buy them personally in other states and possess those too. People moving or visiting there can have them, etc. Rebuild kits are not banned and can be shipped to CO, and it's not illegal to do that. (Obviously I meant in the hands of gun owners, not in a manufacturing plant).

I'm sure it has greatly slowed the rate of hi-cap magazine expansion, but certainly not reduced the number of them.

- OS

So if you or I went to Colorado with our rifles we could bring our magazines too? Nothing stating they "had to be in state at time of law enactment." Or some such wording?

Why would there be any fewer mags? Nobody had to throw them away. They can still buy them personally in other states and possess those too. People moving or visiting there can have them, etc.  (Obviously I meant in the hands of gun owners, not in a manufacturing plant).

I'm sure it has greatly slowed the rate of hi-cap magazine expansion, but certainly not reduced the number of them.

- OS

No, nobody HAD to get rid of them but I brought home 10 of them when I last went there in May. 9 AR mags and 1 AK, or SKS it looks different than the ones I owned already.  The major issue, and maybe why Magpul left, was that Mags must now have a date on them when Mfg in Colorado to id them from the grandfathered ones.  This law passed in 13', some of the mags I got were pretty new looking so maybe they are still coming into CO, but may of been technically illegal.  The Repubs  are trying to do away with them but the Dems are not allowing it.

The other law that was passed was the background checks, everyone has to do it even private sales.

So if you or I went to Colorado with our rifles we could bring our magazines too? Nothing stating they "had to be in state at time of law enactment." Or some such wording?

Yep. Law is silent on out of state folks bringing their own mags in, either temporarily or permanently.

The law really is basically only that no mag over 15 rounds can be sold or transferred in the state, which includes internet sales.

Of course the "transferred" part is widely ignored as folks bring them in from other states and sell to buddies, whatever, since it's basically unenforceable as the burden of proof as to when or where acquired is not on the owner.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Colorado also has a very large military population in a small area between Denver and the Colorado Springs area.  Fort Carson, a few Air Force bases, the HQ for U.S. Northern Command, the Air Force Academy...a lot of military population for someone to target.  Just something to keep in mind for trend tracking if this heads further south in the area.

Edited by btq96r