Crazy strange night

Monkeyman2500

So after dinner and drinks with friends, I was about to grab the wife for bed and the dogs go nuts. Now we live pretty far out so it's usually deer or squirrel but this time they were really ticked off. So I look out and there is a car in our driveway and an elderly lady at our fence. It's late, about 9:30, the gate is locked and she's yelling for help. I go out cautiously looking around and she says she left a party at her nephews where there were drugs and someone put a child in her car. Now sheriff is already on the way but I'm concerned about a child being hurt or something so while the wife watches my back I go and check the vehicle. There are two cats in the back that look in very bad shape. She is very surprised then starts telling me where she was trying to go and I don't recognize it. Then I realize she is talking about places in Michigan. My wife is from there and confirms she is talking about Michigan. After the Sheriff get there we figure out she is supposed to be in a mental hospital in Michigan. My wife managed to help talk her into the patrol car and a tow truck just picked up the car. It's crazy because we all figure she's just been driving all the way from Battlecreek Michigan. It's also crazy I just routed my house to there and after Indy it's literally like three turns. To end up all the way in the boonies of Tennessee from a mental hospital in Michigan at a house on the end of a country road where another person from Michigan lives is pretty dog gone crazy. I'm never going to sleep tonight.
  • Like 4

Well in the ladies defense, you Michiganders are every where! You people don't and wont stay put! ;)

That truly was a crazy night. Kudos for helping the lady though. I most likely wouldn't have gotten close enough to get her story. I would have stayed back, stay alert and armed on the phone to authorities.

I was working in NM once and stopped a guy with a lawnmower in the back. After talking he made a few wrong turns because he asked me for the way to another state, Missouri if I remember correctly. At first we thought he was just really, really drunk but it turned out he was crazy and we figured that out when he said he was going to be delivering an old beat up lawn mower several days drive away. We were able to contact his relatives and get him home but it was crazy trying to figure him out.

Don't lose any sleep. I have known a ####load of crazy women that should have been locked up. Only known a few that actually did, and they refused to keep them. So, at least, this one probably won't come back :)

:wacko: Me Too. I even married one.

• Like 1

Maybe some West Nashvillians might remember this guy, back when I ran HVAC service and drove through Nashville often, this black guy, maybe in his 50's was often on the sidewalk around the West End area. He would dance, turn circles and wave to everybody driving by, seemed like he was singing. I had seen him numerous times, some times in different locations but always W.Nashville. He seemed like he was terminally happy, I guess if you are going to go crazy that's the best way to do it.

Maybe some West Nashvillians might remember this guy, back when I ran HVAC service and drove through Nashville often, this black guy, maybe in his 50's was often on the sidewalk around the West End area. He would dance, turn circles and wave to everybody driving by, seemed like he was singing. I had seen him numerous times, some times in different locations but always W.Nashville. He seemed like he was terminally happy, I guess if you are going to go crazy that's the best way to do it.

I remember that guy.  Always dancing, waving and had a big smile on his face.  Always brightened my day up seeing him.

• Like 1

Kwik? Maybe before his HCP was pulled?? :D  :jester:

Edited by tartanphantom