Somone Swiped my Game Camera!!

Hiker

I went to my spot to retrieve my camera and it was gone! Been out there on and off for two years. Yes the camera being gone hurts but the photos and the fact that some jerk was at my spot make it worse!

Now what to I do? Stick another camera up? I'm afraid it will come up missing too...

Advice?

Thanks

Sorry to hear that. I am assuming this was on public land? My dad had his swiped on tva land last year in KY.

I would get a box that screws into the tree and lock it. It's like a gun safe, it's a deterrent. Someone dedicated to stealing it will take it.

I have been lucky with mine I guess, but I am on Private property. Not that people don't trespass and still steal them. Edited by Hozzie

I went to my spot to retrieve my camera and it was gone! Been out there on and off for two years. Yes the camera being gone hurts but the photos and the fact that some jerk was at my spot make it worse!

Now what to I do? Stick another camera up? I'm afraid it will come up missing too...

Advice?

Thanks

Was it on a WMA? If so, the Game Warden may have it. They get taken all the time.

Dave

Private property on the fence line between me and the neighbor. Back of both properties. Neither of us live there.

I thought about a lock or cable but I'm not sure that is much of a deterrent.

Lock it up Brother! Did you talk to the neighbor?

Dave

You can always use the trick where you put out a cheapo camera as bait and have another well hidden camera close by to get pictures of the theif, just depends how bad you want to catch them and how much risk you are willing to take.

• Like 4

Well, how about a relevant video ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgMXWRAedS8

This is why I always use a metal security box and cable lock....nothing is 100%, but I would have lost this camera, and several others through the years if I hadn't used some basic security.  Shout out to http://www.camlockbox.com/ for great products....it's who I use, and I run over 27 cameras.

• Like 1
i have a gps unit that works everywhere that may fit inside of or outside of a game cam housing. if anyone is interested contact me off list or through the message feature. these bad boys are small, cheap and work as good as 10k gov units ive worked with....
edit this way once they swipe the unit,you can track it,and nail em...this satellite unit works everywhere w no blackout areas. catching em might make it worth the investment...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, its either this or smoke signals! Edited by Dustbuster
  • Like 3

You can always use the trick where you put out a cheapo camera as bait and have another well hidden camera close by to get pictures of the theif, just depends how bad you want to catch them and how much risk you are willing to take.

This right here is what I would do...put a cheap one in the exact same spot as the stolen one and put a really nice one hidden somewhere looking directly at it...just my 2 cents anyway.