Recommend a good place for BBQ and a place for burgers in Nashville

jgradyc

Sportsman's Grill has the Belle Meade location too. It's good for lunch with lots of regular working Joes, not just the uber rich. Just avoid their other brand, the Gerst Haus. Yuck!

Blasphemy!! Pig knuckles and sour kraut are awesome.

My exact order every time I go. Hard to mess with Burger Republic, great beer selection too.

I knew you were funny, but now I know you're brilliant too. They always have great stouts! The spiked milkshakes aren't bad but not strong enough. I usually play nice wife and let Monkey do the drinking so he gets home safe.

Gerst Haus is the schnitzel. You may think mom made a good fried baloney sandwich, but until you've had one made with their special bologna, you haven't lived. Plus they have beer cheese, and if you ask for a serving without ordering anything that normally comes with it, they don't make a thing out of it, they just bring you a big bowl of that delicious goopy, golden perfection.

Also, I know you didn't say pizza, but I'm going to go ahead and recommend a trip down to old chigaco pizza in nashville if you or your friend is into real pie style pizza, it's awesome in a box.

Though technically in Brentwood, Judge Bean BBQ.

Another vote for Rotiers and how about Paradise Park for burgers?

Thats definitely the best Texas Style BBQ in the the Nashville area that I know of.

For anybody who hasn't tried Judge Bean and likes hot food you should give the Shrimp Diablo a shot...Jalapeno stuffed with smoked shrimp and cheese and wrapped in bacon  :yum:

I had a good experience at Smokin Thighs on Wedgwood recently - over by the fairgrounds.  They only do dark meat chicken, and of the party that was with us - everyone's food was great.

That place is good...they also have koolaid that make every day which is pretty cool haha different flavors for different days of the week.

Ok, I have only physically been there once and it may be the biscuits talking, love them things, but Jim and Nicks hasn't been mentioned...the others that good?  I avoid Nashville, but the wife and daughter bring me back some ribs that are pretty good from there and they seem to like the burgers there as well.

• Like 1
I highly recommend the McRib sandwhich from McDonald's. BBQ at its finest.

On a serious note, Jim and Nicks in Franklin is OK depending on what you get. I think there is a place called Moe's if recall that was also pretty good (also in franklin). Edited by MrJones79
  • Like 1

Moes is actually pretty dang good for strip mall style bbq, the owner is confused on his sausage selection though. BBQ sausage should NOT start out life as Italian. No defamation of a proud people or their food, but Italian sausage belongs on pizza, not next to my greens, mac'n cheese and banana pudding. 

The banana pudding was off the charts good though.

One place that should NOT be on anyone's list is Judge's Vinegaroon* on Church near Baptist  hospital. Blech!

*Not to be confused with Judge Bean's in Brentwood (which is also on Church street, but not the same Church street.)

Edited by monkeylizard

Ok, I have only physically been there once and it may be the biscuits talking, love them things, but Jim and Nicks hasn't been mentioned...the others that good? I avoid Nashville, but the wife and daughter bring me back some ribs that are pretty good from there and they seem to like the burgers there as well.

Jim and Nicks in Franklin is decent. The best part is ordering the right thing and getting the right server. Daniel is excellent and when you order a LIT from him, I don't know what the deal is, but the bartender makes them awesome. Deviled eggs are great, Cuban sandwich stinks, all the bbq is good or great. But the service and attention pay for for it!