Xmas at Charlotte airport

Dustbuster

Was standing in line on a standby flight. The agent at the ramp entrance asked 2 small kids if they were ready for their surprise visitor tomorrow, she kept asking , and they said they didn't know who was coming till the little boy said Allah to the airline agent. The agent turned 3 shades of red as the kids momma said they don't do xmas.
An older guy standing behind me said sheeeeyut. I did all I could to keep from laughing. On a side note I was very disappointed that I didn't hear folks wishing each other merry xmas in the cordial fashion most of us are used to.

To all my friends of all denominations, happy holidays and merry xmas. Christ is still the reason behind Christmas. To those who are so sensitive to the point where the sheeple have to be careful over offending someone over this; pls carry your man jammy contractor bag wearing ninja butts back to the amusement park you came from,if you can't what respect OUR holiday. Merry xmas to all and to all good night. I thank all friends for the prayers and fellowship I've been fortunate to have had. God bless our troops and those who couldn't be w their loved ones for the holiday!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 6

Good story, reminds me of my own.  When I was a kid, it use to bug me or perplex me that one of my neighbor kids never did get hyped up for Christmas, and the day after Christmas I would always ask what he got for Christmas.  Finally, mom told me why, son he is a Jehovah's Witness!

On a side note I was very disappointed that I didn't hear folks wishing each other merry xmas in the cordial fashion most of us are used to.

I've noticed that too.  This past week, only 2 people wished me a merry Christmas... an employee at Lowe's and (shockingly) Starbucks!  :stunned: 

That is strange because every place I went over the last couple days folks told me Merry Christmas. Walgreens, Walmart, Krogers, Lowe's and a couple more places...........And Yes, JESUS is the reason for the season and we should keep CHRIST in Christmas...........JMHO

I got a text message from a Muslim colleague today wishing me a merry Christmas. My very atheist friend, who is married to a Catholic, posted his pictures of his kids opening presents, and included a merry Christmas to all the rest of us. Crazy that people who aren't Christian can be capable of respecting and acknowledging a celebration which they don't believe in. There is a lesson in there somewhere.
  • Like 1

I got a text message from a Muslim colleague today wishing me a merry Christmas. My very atheist friend, who is married to a Catholic, posted his pictures of his kids opening presents, and included a merry Christmas to all the rest of us. Crazy that people who aren't Christian can be capable of respecting and acknowledging a celebration which they don't believe in. There is a lesson in there somewhere.

I had a few Jewish friends I use to wish a happy honkia.  Although passover was a much bigger issues for them.

Thanks

Robert

I have no problem wishing others a Merry Christmas, or Happy Hanukkah or Happy whatever they are celebrating.  

• Like 1

I had a few Jewish friends I use to wish a happy honkia. Although passover was a much bigger issues for them.

Thanks
Robert

I have a Jewish friend who we intentionally and repeatedly wish a Merry Christmas. Another guy he knows who owns a business put merry Christmas to him up on the business marquee. :D It's all in good fun, he's gives as much as he gets.

during this time of the year i make a point of telling everyone "merry christmas".  i love the looks i get from the younger group.  they are just not with it.  they act a shame to say it back or just in hearing it.  that is what wrong with our country.  there will be a time when the american way will be gone unless we wake up.

• Like 1

i believe part of the lesson is just being nice w out concern of oversensitivity. I admire the above, but I cant stand people whining because they believe theyre entitled to just to make a statement for self gratification.

part of the holiday is to remind us to ask for peace on earth and goodwill toward everyone,regardless of what theyve been programmed to say. cost of being nice is zero. showing up somewhere and demanding change goes over like a pig with wings.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, its either this or smoke signals!

...but I cant stand people whining because they believe theyre entitled to just to make a statement for self gratification.

Sounds a lot like what the ramp agent in your story did.  She assumed that the family and those kids celebrated Christmas just like she does, and her embarrassment sounds about right as to what people get for assuming things.

i believe part of the lesson is just being nice w out concern of oversensitivity. I admire the above, but I cant stand people whining because they believe theyre entitled to just to make a statement for self gratification.

part of the holiday is to remind us to ask for peace on earth and goodwill toward everyone,regardless of what theyve been programmed to say. cost of being nice is zero. showing up somewhere and demanding change goes over like a pig with wings.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, its either this or smoke signals!

I guess the lesson I was getting at is if people who don't celebrate Christmas are capable of showing respect, folks who do celebrate Christmas should be inclined to show the same respect towards those that don't. I'm with you on people being overly sensitive, but that goes both ways. While there are idiots who are so easily offended by someone wishing them a merry Christmas, there are idiots who get offended if you wish them happy holidays. The lesson is we should be respectful of anyone's beliefs without looking for an excuse to be offended by them.
  • Like 3