Part deux: YouTube removed Hickok45?

Short answer, if I understand all said and written over the last couple of days...nobody really knows or at least not saying.

Seems that the incident is being blamed on the Google+ mechanisms and how they interpret the channel restrictions. That's about as clear an answer as I can glean from it all.

Check out his everpedia page and tell me he isn't using that as a marketing vehicle.  Even if it weren't, everpedia is clear that they will remove anyone's name who ask for that.

School me on that. Haven't even ever heard of everpedia before. When I go there (everpedia.com?) doesn't seem to be anything much to do, except note that the domain is for sale.

He may be a public figure, but I think Hickok45 wants to be known by the gun community and professionally as Hickok45 for branding if nothing else.  His admitting to having a registered trademark on the name "Hickock45" leads me to that conclusion. 

That said, it's like a pro wrestler...you know them by their stage name, but their real names are public info as well these days.  I doubt he goes around correcting people who use his given name in public ("call me Hickok45!"). 

School me on that. Haven't even ever heard of everpedia before. When I go there (everpedia.com?) doesn't seem to be anything much to do, except note that the domain is for sale.

https://www.everipedia.com/gregkinman3/

I'm wondering if he did this, or some overzealous fans did on his behalf.  Hickock45 doesn't strike me as wanting to branch out beyond YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter...so I could believe he's never even heard of this site. 

Edited by btq96r
  • Like 1

He may be a public figure, but I think Hickok45 wants to be known by the gun community and professionally as Hickok45 for branding if nothing else.  His admitting to having a registered trademark on the name "Hickock45" leads me to that conclusion. 

That said, it's like a pro wrestler...you know them by their stage name, but their real names are public info as well these days.  I doubt he goes around correcting people who use his given name in public ("call me Hickok45!"). 

https://www.everipedia.com/gregkinman3/

I'm wondering if he did this, or some overzealous fans did on his behalf.  Hickock45 doesn't strike me as wanting to branch out beyond YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter...so I could believe he's never even heard of this site.

OIC, thanks -- it's everipedia, not everpedia as Pete kept mentioning.

And whoever mentioned in these threads that he was losing revenue:

"...has turned down multiple offers from YouTube and other networks to monetize his videos, but has generally declined them out of principle and the fact that he wants to remain independent. He has nearly 1000 videos as of Dec 2015."

- OS Edited by Oh Shoot
Every goober with a keyboard? Where? How many goobers? People outing him on other forums? Simple Google search. Not classified info. His name was put on this website (he's a member) and you act like the guy posted it in the NYT. I'm sure his name showing up in this thread will cause Hickok all sorts of headaches.
Based on the video that Hickok45 and his son posted within the last couple days, they were not at all happy about people posting their real names. He reminded those folks that he and his son have good memories.

While it probably wasn't impossibly to find his name online a week ago, I could see why he's upset that some rather prominent folks in the world of guns decided to make his real names even more public. They just made it that much easier for some scumbags to find out where he lives. However, to a certain degree, I guess that's one of the prices you pay for being famous. Edited by TripleDigitRide

OIC, thanks -- it's everipedia, not everpedia as Pete kept mentioning.

And whoever mentioned in these threads that he was losing revenue:

"...has turned down multiple offers from YouTube and other networks to monetize his videos, but has generally declined them out of principle and the fact that he wants to remain independent. He has nearly 1000 videos as of Dec 2015."

- OS

According to the recent video of Hickok45 and his son explaining the situation, he stated that they do in fact profit off of the videos. Edited by TripleDigitRide

According to the recent video of Hickok45 and his son explaining the situation, he stated that they do in fact profit off of the videos.

Then perhaps he does not actually have control of that Everipedia page? Somebody is keeping it updated, it's current pretty much to the very day.

Some sort of disconnect there ... there's never a ad vid that plays before one of his vids is there, and that's where the real bucks per view come from isn't it?

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Then perhaps he does not actually have control of that Everipedia page? Somebody is keeping it updated, it's current pretty much to the very day.

Some sort of disconnect there ... there's never a ad vid that plays before one of his vids is there, and that's where the real bucks per view come from isn't it?

- OS

He mentions in his videos that he is sponsored by Buds Gun Shop and Federal always sends him ammo and gets mentioned. Don't have a clue if or how that factors in.

Here are a few more thoughts.

I didn't really communicate my message well yesterday with my first post on this thread yesterday.  I really meant to say that I feel sure that Runco got the idea after a couple of folks said that he shouldn't have posted Hickock45s name and that further agreement wasn't needed.

I'm guessing that we are all correct to various degrees.  I get the feel that the success of the videos, having the ability to profit from the and becoming a public figure is a new experience for him.  I'm about two years in with my business and the way I position us in the marketplace has changed and evolved a lot.

As with anything a person hasn't experienced before, there are mistakes, changes in direction, etc....

As the videos have grown, he's become somewhat famous.  Think about Hollywood and Nashville's country music.  Many, many folks want to hit the big time.  A few do who then come to live in a fish bowl where anything they do is exposed to the public.  They don't like it, though it comes with the territory.

So, here is where I am now.  I won't use his name because he would rather that folks don't.  I'm happy for him that his videos have done well.  I will be the first to say that there is nothing bad whatever about him making profit from the videos.  I'm also happy for him to have this new adventure, which can probably be fun, exciting, invigorating, confusing, frustrating, etc.... all at the same time.

• Like 1

You guys know why. Don't try and strain yourself figuring out the obvious. I think it's high time somebody started some liberty minded social networks, where regardless of the opinion or viewpoint being spewed - yes, even the ones that make your skin crawl - it's allowed. The only way freedom spreads again is if encourage it in its truest form.

Exactly
  • Like 1