RANT: Palmetto State Armory

I'm a little frustrated with PSA, and there's no better place to vent.  ;) 

I received a Show Show Deals email from PSA on the 19th. They had AR-15 upper halves (no BCG or charging handle) for $249, so I bought two of them, along with two BCG's.

On the 21st, less than 48-hours later, I received the very same Shot Show Deals email, with the very same upper halves, but they were now $30 cheaper. I was like WTF!?!? I immediately got on the phone with PSA to see if receive some sort of credit, considering I had just paid $60 more for the same "deal" less than 48-hours earlier. The PSA rep informed me that they couldn't issue a refund or credit because the purchase was made more than 24-hours after they emailed the lower price. I wasn't very happy, but they weren't obligated to issue a refund or credit. 

As soon as I hung up with PSA, I told my boss to contact them about getting a credit or refund on the two uppers halves that he ordered. He informed me that his purchase was made 30-something-hours ago, but he would give PSA a call and give it a shot. Ten minutes after I hung up with PSA, he was on the phone with them. Even though he was well over the 24-hour limit, they issued him a $60 refund. Again, I was like WTF!?!?

Obviously the 24-hour rule applies to some customers, but not the others. :rant over:

Edited by TripleDigitRide
There are good and not-so-good people on the phones with PSA. I've had some almost bend over backwards to help mw our on an order, some merely order takers with little knowledge besides part numbers, and one that couldn't seem to understand anything I was asking about. Actually told me she couldn't find a previous order I was referring to.

Still a lot better than some I've dealt with.

but that doesn't help you. Try them again. Might help.

My boss is awesome. He did make that exact offer, but I wouldn't take him up on it. This is on PSA (if anyone), not him.

Did your boss remember who he talked to? If so, call back and ask to speak to that person. Tell that person you understand that they issued a credit to a co-worker and you would like the same credit. It will be hard at that point for them to deny your credit.

He probably got a different rep. Some reps are absolute-power dicks.

Correct.

Without mentioning any names on either side of this...I know of a shop buying from PSA, And rather good size orders, not Gov't Contract size, but enough to be a plus on any sales day for a CSA.

Purchaser tied on several occasions to get info and place their order. The csa was unhelpful in ordering info, and kept messing up on what was being ordered.

Buyer, or potential buyer anyway, asked to be transferred to another csa, and was refused.

Highly pissed shop by this point.

They tried again, got a different csa and received wonderful service. Even got several call backs to determine any problems or other needs..

Who you speak to definitely does make a difference there.

Squeaky wheels will get the grease.  Lots of truth.  If you are not successful the first time, try try again.  Take the high road, just lobby hard in a nice professional voice.  Hang up, and try again, again, again. 

Edited by runco