Gun Hangers

I saw these on Amazon and thought I would give them a try. Kind of a neat idea on how to store some pistols when you are limited on space. Allows you to hang your guns from a shelf.

Anybody else use these?

7d96fc9952a07cdb42bbe72d369714bf.jpg

b72dff563b08de35cecdae367f205a23.jpg

Edited by KahrMan
  • Moderators

I saw these on Amazon and thought I would give them a try. Kind of a neat idea on how to store some pistols when you are limited on space. Allows you to hang your guns from a shelf.

Anybody else use these?

7d96fc9952a07cdb42bbe72d369714bf.jpg

b72dff563b08de35cecdae367f205a23.jpg

Just started using these. Absolutely love them.

I use these for handguns that I shoot often. The ones made by Gun Storage Solutions are the real deal. I tried some cheaper ones from Amazon or eBay, can't remember, and they wouldn't hold up with heavy pistols/revolvers.

These definitely will not hold my BFR in 500 S&W.
  • Like 1
  • Moderators

I need to look into those ... are they going down the barrel, and if so, any worries about damage?

Yes they go into the barrel. Mine have a heavy coating on them so no worries of damage. I have seen some cheaper versions that I wouldn't trust. 22s will not fit on mine. Very strong but will not hold some of my larger guns.

I've got about a dozen of the Liberty branded hangers.  The biggest pistol they will hold is my Glock 34.   I tried one of my Pythons and Anacondas but they sagged too much and I was afraid of opening the safe and one falling out in the floor.   

I've wondered about those. Good to know they're popular. KahrMan, could you post the link to the Amazon page for the ones you got?

Then again, you could keep the room in your safe available by just carrying all of your handguns on your person at all times.

Boondock-Saints-Il-Duce-Multiple-Holster

Edited by monkeylizard
  • Like 1
  • Moderators

I've wondered about those. Good to know they're popular. KahrMan, could you post the link to the Amazon page for the ones you got?

Then again, you could keep the room in your safe available by just carrying all of your handguns on your person at all times.

Hey! That's only the second photo of Oh Shoot that I've ever seen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I have a couple of extras if you want try them.  Just stop by anytime.

Here are the ones I bought:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AWHLTYM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00

I just ordered some of these based on quickbiscuits recommendation:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0068NHG7S?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, yes.  They seem a little stronger and feel like the coating is a little thicker.  I hung the same gun from both and the cheaper one sagged just a little bit more.  If you have a lot of large frame guns I would go with the more expensive ones otherwise the cheaper are just fine.

Actually, yes.  They seem a little stronger and feel like the coating is a little thicker.  I hung the same gun from both and the cheaper one sagged just a little bit more.  If you have a lot of large frame guns I would go with the more expensive ones otherwise the cheaper are just fine.

Great info for everyone. Thanks for the comparison.

I have both as well.  You can also turn them upside down from the back to hold pistols that won't fit under a shelf or in a door hanger due to a scope.  Most of my pistols are held in my door organizer, but I ran out of room there too.  

IMG_0409.JPG