Gun Show Bucket List

Grunt67

Something I have always wanted to do, is go to the big gun show in Tulsa,OK. Just to see the "creature"

as the old mountain men used to say.

Finally have definite plans to do so, hotel reserv. made, my GF is going too, her sister lives there, so she can spend some seldom gotten time with her. Should be a fun trip, can't wait.

DLM, if you're around, any advice is appreciated.

• Like 2

You will definitely enjoy it.  

Small suggestion.  If you are really looking for something special, get a vendor pass so you can go Thursday night and Friday morning before the actual show starts.  You can get a head start on the search before the thousands of others find it.  If you have something to sell, it can be a great place to sell as well.  It basically ends up being $80 per ticket (you get two with a table) for the whoie weekend, but for me it was worth it as I felt I had access to some guns that wouldn't be there on Saturday.  

If you are just going to experience it and not really looking for something special, the normal ticket will be fine.

You will definitely enjoy it.

Small suggestion. If you are really looking for something special, get a vendor pass so you can go Thursday night and Friday morning before the actual show starts. You can get a head start on the search before the thousands of others find it. If you have something to sell, it can be a great place to sell as well. It basically ends up being $80 per ticket (you get two with a table) for the whoie weekend, but for me it was worth it as I felt I had access to some guns that wouldn't be there on Saturday.

If you are just going to experience it and not really looking for something special, the normal ticket will be fine.

If memory serves me didn't you say you had an FFL in your entourage when you went ?
Yes. I am sure there will be FFL's there who could do a transfer most likely, especially for long guns. It also a great place to sell and find very hard to find parts, mags, etc. if you have any you want to sell, you will never find a better place to try and sell them.

Yes. I am sure there will be FFL's there who could do a transfer most likely, especially for long guns. It also a great place to sell and find very hard to find parts, mags, etc. if you have any you want to sell, you will never find a better place to try and sell them.

I remember being intrigued when you mentioned it before now here it is again.

They list 1 in April and another in November. Which one you attending grunt ?
I don't know if I will make either. Can't make April due to work and have no idea what November will bring. To be honest, if I could make one, I would go to April. Things may skyrocket in November depending on the election. Unless you want to sell of course.

I don't know if I will make either. Can't make April due to work and have no idea what November will bring. To be honest, if I could make one, I would go to April. Things may skyrocket in November depending on the election. Unless you want to sell of course.

Buy in April, sell in November :)
  • Like 2

I remember being intrigued when you mentioned it before now here it is again.

They list 1 in April and another in November. Which one you attending grunt ?

Sorry for omitting that little item, LOL. Going first weekend in Apr. Leaving Fri. am 4/1, returning Mon. Apr. 4th.  Show is 4/2 & 4/3.

Not going looking for anything in particular. Just for amusement. Won't have any funds after trip expenses anyway, LOL.

I always make that part of the fun. So much of this great country to take in and so many stops along the way :)

Good point. The trip will be part of the fun for us. I've never been to Tulsa, been to OK City & other places there, so something new for me.  Just hope the weather doesn't screw it up. 1st of Apr. is taking a peek at storm season in that neck of the woods.

And of course, get to check out all the restrooms along the way, LOL

10 bucks according to the website. I'm kicking this around myself but probably won't have a lot of extra cash to play with at the show.

Ok, thanks, looked for it, guess I missed it somewhere. Aways good to have a TGO bud to have my blind side,LOL

If you have an extra day the J.M. Davis Firearms & Historical Museum in Claremore, OK is worth going to.  Over 20,000 firearms on display along with 1200 German beer steins.  Free admission.  You will get tired of looking at firearms as there are so many.  I went to the museum when I went to the Wanamaker show.

One of the workers there told me that Davis collected so many firearms that he kept in a hotel he owned that workers had to going down through the ceiling of one room to get into it as firearms were packed so tight the door couldn't be opened.

To me Wanamaker's Show is the only gun show worth going to these days.  But I am an old geezer that grew up in the time of the 1960's Tennessee Gun Collectors shows and like the older guns.

The drive out to Oklahoma is not that bad.  I still drive out there each year to hunt doves for three to four weeks in Lawton at 68 years old in my 1998 Ford F-150. 

Edited by Superposed

I always make that part of the fun. So much of this great country to take in and so many stops along the way :)

Nothing says drive fast and don't stop for anything like driving through majestic settings such as Memphis and Arkansas. LOL

If you have an extra day the J.M. Davis Firearms & Historical Museum in Claremore, OK is worth going to.  Over 20,000 firearms on display along with 1200 German beer steins.  Free admission.  You will get tired of looking at firearms as there are so many.  I went to the museum when I went to the Wanamaker show.

One of the workers there told me that Davis collected so many firearms that he kept in a hotel he owned that workers had to going down through the ceiling of one room to get into it as firearms were packed so tight the door couldn't be opened.

To me Wanamaker's Show is the only gun show worth going to these days.  But I am an old geezer that grew up in the time of the 1960's Tennessee Gun Collectors shows and like the older guns.

The drive out to Oklahoma is not that bad.  I still drive out there each year to hunt doves for three to four weeks in Lawton at 68 years old in my 1998 Ford F-150. 

That would be interesting for sure. Won't have a lot of time to play with. I drove to OK City 3 or 4 yrs ago, no problem. Health issues lately have slowed the ole boy down a bit, so not sure how well I'll handle this. Got a 2010 F-150 crew 4x4, drives/rides like a Lincoln, so should be comfortable + good backup driver as well.

Thanks for the info, tho....maybe another time.

Edited to add : Not sure you can look at too many guns, LOL

Edited by Grunt67