Went out for a Glock, came home with a HK VP9

1fast4by

I've got several Glocks, I have shot them well for years.. Ive got a gen 3 19 and went out today to buy a gen 4 FDE 19... Came home with a VP9. My first HK. Out of curiosity i picked it up and I couldnt put it down. It feels so good in the hand I had to have it. Ive read a lot of positive things, and so far I really like how the trigger feels dry firing... Now I have to purchase new mags and holsters....

Anyone care to share experience with theirs?

20160405_155423_zpsvhp1yh66.jpg

• Like 3
I'm a Glock fanboy and I keep a gallon of Glock kool-aid in the fridge. I throughly enjoy a gulp often HOWEVER I have been tempted by the vp9. I've read and seen vids both good and bad on the vp9 but I'm not swayed I'll probably buy one at some point in time.

Nice. I've made a conscious effort to never handle a VP9. I've reached that point that before one gun comes in, another one has to go out! I'm afraid that resolution would go out the door if I actually held it in my hand.

Nice choice in the VP9. I've had mine for 3 months and it's the smoothest trigger and best grouping in my handgun collection.

Even getting rid of my close 2nd Walther PPQ M2 9mm. Enjoy, you want be disappointed.

OWB holster recommendations?

I may just have Tony @ Maximus make me one....

When I got a VP9, I ordered a fresh shell for my Alien Gear OWB, and also picked up a Comp-Tac International Holster.  The Alien Gear doesn't print much under a big enough shirt, but the Comp-Tac is only good for open carry for a while with winter having come and gone.  Happy with both options for what they are designed for.

Edited by btq96r
  • Administrator

My VP9 is one of my favorite carry guns.  I don't anticipate throwing it against a tree or dropping it into swap-mud or carrying it on a water-born insertion across a sandy beach anytime soon, so I feel pretty confident that it will go BANG whenever I need it to.   :)

• Like 1

So, as it turns out the Serpa2 HK USP holster will fit a VP almost perfect. A little massaging with a heat gun and it will be GTG. It fits just fine right out of the box, its just a little tight. But it slides in, locks, and slides out. I have multiple serpa holsters, trained with them for years, and NEVER shot myself...unlike some internet idiot claims, I love them. I have them for my G17, M&P40, XDM 9, 1911, and now HK VP9)

I also Have a JM Custom kydex holster coming in a few weeks

Edited by 1fast4by

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJr453erCAc

there are plenty of counter vids...

Either way, Im not going diving or pitching with any of my guns. And Im not carrying it. I can guarantee that I wont find myself in a position where I am in sandy water with it trying to defend my life... So I dont really care, not one single fcuk, about that particular video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJr453erCAc

there are plenty of counter vids...

Either way, Im not going diving or pitching with any of my guns. And Im not carrying it. I can guarantee that I wont find myself in a position where I am in sandy water with it trying to defend my life... So I dont really care, not one
single fcuk, about that particular video.

My only issue was that the vp9 initially failed when ONLY WATER was introduced into the mechanism. A pistol is mechanical, it's a tool, and should not fail when wet. Hydraulics inside the striker channel caused or induced a light or no primer strike at all until the water escaped the channel. Knowing this, it WILL NOT persuade me to not purchase one because I don't "operate" underwater and I don't believe rain would cause this failure so I'm good with the vp9 knowing it's limits.

My only issue was that the vp9 initially failed when ONLY WATER was introduced into the mechanism. A pistol is mechanical, it's a tool, and should not fail when wet. Hydraulics inside the striker channel caused or induced a light or no primer strike at all until the water escaped the channel. Knowing this, it WILL NOT persuade me to not purchase one because I don't "operate" underwater and I don't believe rain would cause this failure so I'm good with the vp9 knowing it's limits.

I agree with this. I have nothing against the VP9. In fact, it feels great in the hand. I just don't have a desire to get one because it's the same size as my Gen 4 17 and costs more money plus it has 2 fewer rounds. Then gen4 17 feels fits my hand quite nicely.