New Gunsmith

Guest FNandGlock

Guest FNandGlock

Guys I just passed my Basic Gunsmithing course and on to take my exam for master gunsmithing. If any one needs anything just give me an email I will do what I can. Dont have a store or shop yet but I have a place in my house just set up for working on things, I can make the old guns look new, Trick out your Glock, ARs, AKs just let me know if I can help. Cheap you buy the parts and we can work out a price. I can also quote you parts prices and help with Ideas.

FNandGlock@reloadersauction.com

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Astra900
Congrats to you. There is definitely a need in Middle Tennessee for a gunsmithTHAT"S NOT A FRIGGIN' CROOK!!! AND CAN GET A JOB DONE IN A REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME.. You should do well.

There fixed that for you.

• Administrator

Congrats. It sounds like you're on the way to a nice side-line business venture.

Unfortunately that also means you're now in the category of offering business services, so you need to become an Authorized Vendor here in order to advertise yourself. In order to protect those who have invested in TGO financially, we can't allow you to post ads for commercial services unless you do.

Drop me a line and I'll assist with getting you set up as a Vendor here.

Guest FNandGlock

Thats fine Im not starting up a business yet anyways but if I do I will get on the vendor list. I just did it for fixing my stuff and maybe some friends and people I know. I just wanted to toss my name out there just once. I can do it all yet again I did a basic course with Phoenix now I am going to try for the Master. It was fun I ended up working with a gunsmith in New Jersey for a while on my own to get some hands on. What is the cost if I do end up wanting to become a vendor?

Guys I just passed my Basic Gunsmithing course and on to take my exam for master gunsmithing.

Congrats.

What school did you go to?

There are just a few that are known as "THE" resident program to graduate from.

What does the exam to become a master gunsmith look like?

I know that my gunsmith moved to Colorado to attend CO School of Trades 14 month hands on course.

He is now a "basic" gunsmith and is YEARS away from being considered an actual master gunsmith.

Not to crap on your accomplishment, but I think you need to be aware that being excited out taking an exam to make "master" in the same thread where you are announcing your graduation from a yet unnamed basic school is lofty and a bit ambitious at best.

Congrats.

I know that my gunsmith moved to Colorado to attend CO School of Trades 14 month hands on course.

He is now a "basic" gunsmith and is YEARS away from being considered an actual master gunsmith.

Not to crap on your accomplishment, but I think you need to be aware that being excited out taking an exam to make "master" in the same thread where you are announcing your graduation from a yet unnamed basic school is lofty and a bit ambitious at best.

Very well stated, sir . . .

Guest gcrookston
Congrats.

The Colorado School of Trades is internationally recognized as perhaps the premier school for Gunsmithing in North America and people come from all over the world to attend it. I've had several friends attend over the years. Not the easiest school to get into and definitely not the easiest school to graduate from.

Not to crap on the parade either, but the only Master Gunsmiths I know took over a decade to achieve this status (Jim Clark, Will Demander, Doug Turnbull and Steve Lovette are the only Master Gunsmiths I personally know/have known). Will and Steve both are graduates of the CO School of Trades, and spent many years apprenticed before achieving this level after graduating. I don't know that Jim Clark ever did get certified, but I would consider him a master (though now deceased). Doug is by all accounts perhaps ranked #1 or #2 in all of the country and his restoration work is outstanding. I have a friend apprenticed in his shop. He's been there about 5 years. He probably won't be a Master for at least another 5.

Edited by gcrookston
Thats fine Im not starting up a business yet anyways but if I do I will get on the vendor list. I just did it for fixing my stuff and maybe some friends and people I know. I just wanted to toss my name out there just once. I can do it all yet again I did a basic course with Phoenix now I am going to try for the Master. It was fun I ended up working with a gunsmith in New Jersey for a while on my own to get some hands on. What is the cost if I do end up wanting to become a vendor?
Congrats.

PSU? http://www.becomeagunsmith.com/orderhere.html

Guest jackdog

Hope you do well, But curious as to how one can become a gun smith and then jump to master so quickly. Was this a hands on school or a correspondence type course?

Thanks for contributing nothing of value to the thread. Off-topic remarks should be kept in the General Off-Topic forum, not in topic centric forums or threads.

Sorry, I thought I was on topic. My intention was to provide commentary on the fact someone can "Order Your Course Below! Get your Certificate this month, and start earning significant extra income next month!" from here:

> PSU? http://www.becomeagunsmith.com/orderhere.html

for $99.

From the website: "The Gunsmith Certificate covers basics such as trigger jobs, barrel balancing/shortening/enhancing, scope mounting and sighting, and numerous basics. If you have even the most basic knowledge of guns, you can have your certificate in a matter of weeks! This certificate opens countless doors, from your State business license, Home FFL, wholesale firearm purchasing, to police and military contracts. One of our grads is making over $200,000 extra a year just customizing pistol-style AK's. Another is making even more specializing in accurizing pistols and rifles for friends, family, clubs and neighbors. Only minor tools are needed for this business."

As a consumer I would not be happy if I selected a gunsmith to perform work based on the fact that they were certified and later found out that this is what they were talking about.

Guest FNandGlock

Thanks Hero ! I did serve in the Marines and went though the Armors school and some advance course then when I got to the fleet I went over to the infantry to give recon a try and ended up at Sniper school and learn alot about fixing weapons after 4 years serving in the Marines I went to the Army as an SF sniper and then Weapons Sgt for another 4 years most of that was teaching other counties how to force multiply using weapons that had laying around. When I got out I wanted to cool off and got away from the military a while got married to a woman serving in the Army over in Iraq now and she talked me into joining the Army national Guard and spent 4 years there as a scout for them and working in the armory most of that time. I took that cheesey exam because in order to get an FFL and buy handguns, rifles and other items and doing in out of my house I had to get a master gun smith cert from a place the ATF would approve of. That is the only way I can do it out of my house and the ATF approve it. Otherwise I need a storefront and I dont want that yet I own and run 2 companies that have nothing to do with firearms now just wanted to work on guns for a hobby and maybe sell some stuff to friends when I work on them. The ATF doesnt care how many military schools you go to or how many hot zones you been in they wanna see "The" piece of paper. dont wanna sound like a smart #@$ but I think I am certif. Im not looking to build guns from a piece of scrap I just wanted to say hey look what i got and offer any help to locals cheap I do it for a hobby. Anyways thanks for the pat on the back or kick in the nads either way no offense taken.

Admin if you want you can delete this thread I dont wanna have it sound like I am selling a service before I am a vendor anyways. That was not my motivation at all.

FNandGolck,

I should also add that I was not trying to make fun of you or your experience/qualifications/craftsmanship as a gunsmith. Just saying that I would take your word on the experience you listed over the paper any day. My statements were not meant to be an attack on you.

Good Luck

Guest FNandGlock

No offense or felt of attack taking I was just saying in to many words my experience doesnt come from just that paper and I blasted off that reply to fast I prefer not to give my background but its to late now. I did it for the ATF's sake to be able to get what they call a "Home FFL"

Thanks Hero ! I did serve in the Marines and went though the Armors school and some advance course then when I got to the fleet I went over to the infantry to give recon a try and ended up at Sniper school and learn alot about fixing weapons after 4 years serving in the Marines I went to the Army as an SF sniper and then Weapons Sgt for another 4 years most of that was teaching other counties how to force multiply using weapons that had laying around. When I got out I wanted to cool off and got away from the military a while got married to a woman serving in the Army over in Iraq now and she talked me into joining the Army national Guard and spent 4 years there as a scout for them and working in the armory most of that time. I took that cheesey exam because in order to get an FFL and buy handguns, rifles and other items and doing in out of my house I had to get a master gun smith cert from a place the ATF would approve of. That is the only way I can do it out of my house and the ATF approve it. Otherwise I need a storefront and I dont want that yet I own and run 2 companies that have nothing to do with firearms now just wanted to work on guns for a hobby and maybe sell some stuff to friends when I work on them. The ATF doesnt care how many military schools you go to or how many hot zones you been in they wanna see "The" piece of paper. dont wanna sound like a smart #@$ but I think I am certif. Im not looking to build guns from a piece of scrap I just wanted to say hey look what i got and offer any help to locals cheap I do it for a hobby. Anyways thanks for the pat on the back or kick in the nads either way no offense taken.

Admin if you want you can delete this thread I dont wanna have it sound like I am selling a service before I am a vendor anyways. That was not my motivation at all.

bsflag.gif

please give me a unit at group that you were a member of FNandGlock. I'd really like to read this. I just dont see a person that cant type using proper grammar and spelling in the least bit being all this crap you claim to have been.

I had a guy I worked with telling everyone he was this 5th sf Vietnam war hero when the guy couldnt go three sentences without me catching a bald face lie.

Edited by Daniel
Guest FNandGlock

You know what I made a complete Butt of myself just ignore this entire thread I am not a master gun smith just a guy who took an exam and past it, I am not trying to get any work orders from posting this at all so guys call Hero's Gun smith he can fix you up sounds like he has the right guy for ya.

Guest FNandGlock

Your right junglist I just a freakin liar dude and I was typing fast but you know what I didnt even go to high school and my camper needs new tires maybe some day we can have some tea and review pictures.

But thanks for your service in the Army

Guest FNandGlock

Wow! you know what I read the whole post again Junglist and I think you called me a Liar. Well you know what brother you think what you will but I just live in Lebanon, Tenn. and work in Nashville, TN if you want to sit and talk about it FTF some time just let me know and if you'd like some pictures to review while we talk thats fine too. I didnt claim to be some HERO! nor was I bragging I was making a point. You just let me know Junglist (Moderator) if you'd like I can fax you my freakin SRB.