90% of Americans...

How about a few of these yes or no questions?

Do you decide life's matters based upon what the majority of other people think? 

Would you permit your teenager to do something you believe to be harmful if "everyone is doing it?"  

All things considered, do you regard polling results as little more than pieces of cheese to dangle before mice so that they'll ring a certain bell?

And most important:  Do you believe that polls should be outlawed during an election cycle so that everyone might vote their own conscience without fear of wasting their ballot if they don't like the popular crook?  

How about this....

1. Do you think people should be able to give away or sell their own personal property without asking the government for permission (if so you DON'T believe in universal background checks). 

2. Do you believe that it is OK for the Govt to deny people their constitutional rights without due process? (If not then you DON'T believe in keeping people on the TSA no fly list from buying a gun) 

3. Do you believe in the fundamental right of every man woman and child to defend themselves from unlawful violence? If you answered no you are an idiot. If you answered yes then go to 3B....

3B. If so then do you believe that the old, infirm, physically weak should be able to efficiently and effectively defend themselves from younger bigger , stronger multiple attackers? If so then you are NOT anti gun becasue semi auto fire arms with standard capacity magazines is the best way for weaker victims to defend themselves from multiple attackers. 

4. Do you believe only the govt and police should have firearms? If so you are NOT "anti gun"....you are anti freedom, and pro totalitarianism and an enabler of mass genocide. You believe that ordinary people INCLUDING YOURSELF do not have the common sense or ability to safely handle and use inanimate objects without accidentally (or maliciously) hurting others. As such only people who are employed by the state somehow are given special powers that other people do not have to somehow make them "safe" to possess these "evil" objects. The problem is historically that when only the government has them...the government ceases to be subservient to the people and you see genocide and ethnic cleansing like Cuba,  Cambodia, USSR, Germany, the former Yugoslavia Etc......     

• Like 6
21 hours ago, btq96r said:

These aren't loaded questions...

58. Do you support or oppose stricter gun control laws in the United States?

AGE IN YRS..............
                     Tot    Rep    Dem    Ind    Men    Wom    18-29  30-49  50-64  65+

Support              50%    24%    80%    44%    41%    58%    49%    54%    45%    52%
Oppose               47     71     17     52     57     38     50     43     52     41
DK/NA                 3      4      2      4      3      4      1      3      3      7

59. Do you support or oppose requiring background checks for all gun buyers?

AGE IN YRS..............
                     Tot    Rep    Dem    Ind    Men    Wom    18-29  30-49  50-64  65+

Support              92%    86%    98%    92%    90%    94%    93%    91%    92%    93%
Oppose                7     11      2      7      9      5      7      7      7      5
DK/NA                 1      3      1      1      1      2      -      1      1      2

59 is tough with the qualifier "all"

Sample size is probably buried deep along with any geographic data.

You are on the money, it's how media spins the facts.

If we decide we want to keep guns out of the hands of a "terrorist" that WILL be used to attack us. Once the law is passed stating terrorists are prevented from possessing guns then all it takes is for the definition of "terrorist" to be changed and it will affect a lot more people. Hillary has already said gun owners are "terrorists" so any legislation used to prevent "terrorists" from getting guns will also, at some point, be changed to include gun owners.

We are living in a bizarre world right now. It is like all these changes are being done to intentionally destroy the US.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dolomite_supafly said:

If we decide we want to keep guns out of the hands of a "terrorist" that WILL be used to attack us. Once the law is passed stating terrorists are prevented from possessing guns then all it takes is for the definition of "terrorist" to be changed and it will affect a lot more people. Hillary has already said gun owners are "terrorists" so any legislation used to prevent "terrorists" from getting guns will also, at some point, be changed to include gun owners.

We are living in a bizarre world right now. It is like all these changes are being done to intentionally destroy the US.

While I truly believe Obama is trying to do all the damage he can to this country; I don’t think everyone is. Otherwise we would be experiencing less gun freedoms; not more as we are. I suspect our gun rights/privileges are going to be held at a state level. The Feds have no business deciding when and where you can carry. I suspect they will keep busy with the background check laws and continue to try to ban semi-auto rifles.

I think they will get most anything they want on background checks. I personally think it is ridiculous that the no fly list and the terrorist watch list is an issue. I suspect any legislation that passes will have an appeal process. So if they label me a terrorist they will need something more than the fact I own a gun. However, I also believe if you make threats of violence (against anyone) you should be in jail and unable to buy a gun.

They will continue to attempt to ban the AR federally. I don’t think that will happen. With the SCOTUS refusing to answer that question right now; states will do as they please on that issue.

I don’t see my ability to own or carry a gun be impacted in this state. However, I do what I can to make sure that doesn’t happen. I certainly won’t be standing on the sidelines watching this election or voting for people that have openly stated they want to take my guns.

The problem with universal background checks in other states is that it is basically de facto gun registration because all sales must go through FFL's.  None of the states that have gone down this path have allowed folks to show each other handgun carry permits or call a phone number to do a background check without any formal FFL paperwork.

Plus when the anti groups ask for compromise, it never is really compromise because the pro gun groups do not get anything in return for the chipping away of gun rights.

Edited by 300winmag
42 minutes ago, 300winmag said:

Plus when the anti groups ask for compromise, it never is really compromise because the pro gun groups do not get anything in return for the chipping away of gun rights.

Which baffles me.  If I were in Washington, I'd be making any background check bills tied into removing items from NFA laws, or getting rid of the $200 tax stamp, or other stuff.

• Like 1
  • Authorized Vendor
18 minutes ago, btq96r said:

Which baffles me.  If I were in Washington, I'd be making any background check bills tied into removing items from NFA laws, or getting rid of the $200 tax stamp, or other stuff.

They'd never go for that. Right now it's the only way they collect tax money from "terrorists".

Yep, Republicans should demand that new machine guns can be NFA registered or suppressors fall off NFA if there any concession to any sort of anti gun bill.

If Democrats don't want to give anything to us, then the Republicans should not give anything to the anti gun crowd.

13 hours ago, 300winmag said:

Yep, Republicans should demand that new machine guns can be NFA registered or suppressors fall off NFA if there any concession to any sort of anti gun bill.

If Democrats don't want to give anything to us, then the Republicans should not give anything to the anti gun crowd.

Or better yet, do give in at all?

• Like 1

Or make them make an even tougher choice.....you say you want a gun ban.......then stop illegal immigration...as long as the borders are porous and middle easterners keep getting brought in unvetted then there will be NO new gun laws and the laws become void if illegal immigration starts up again . 

Edited by Cruel Hand Luke

Something I have picked up on in the last few weeks of working at Academy part time is that we are the minority when it comes to gun owners. Most of the people I have sold firearms to don't really pay any attention to what the government is doing and don't understand what some of the legislation they are trying to pass will do. Most also buy the gun, plan on putting defensive ammo in it and never ever actually shooting it or training with it. Most of us here live the lifestyle and plan and train for the terrible things that could happen, most gun owners don't think about any of this. I guess I was just amazed to find out how many people own guns but don't fully understand the 2nd and are not what I think gun people are. Oh, you think listening to the media and the left try to use correct terminology is rough.... you should listen to most people I deal with call everything under the sun by the wrong name.... most of them that is :)

20 minutes ago, XxthejuicexX said:

Something I have picked up on in the last few weeks of working at Academy part time is that we are the minority when it comes to gun owners. Most of the people I have sold firearms to don't really pay any attention to what the government is doing and don't understand what some of the legislation they are trying to pass will do. Most also buy the gun, plan on putting defensive ammo in it and never ever actually shooting it or training with it. Most of us here live the lifestyle and plan and train for the terrible things that could happen, most gun owners don't think about any of this. I guess I was just amazed to find out how many people own guns but don't fully understand the 2nd and are not what I think gun people are. Oh, you think listening to the media and the left try to use correct terminology is rough.... you should listen to most people I deal with call everything under the sun by the wrong name.... most of them that is :)

Kinda like people who buy a car and never change the oil or have the tires rotated?

3 hours ago, XxthejuicexX said:

The "Average" gunowner is just that...average. Much like the "average lawn mower owner", "average car owner" or "average golfer". They know a little , think they know more than they do, don't really care to be better informed, and don't really give it much thought. They own guns like I own a hammer....just in case of emergency but I have no desire to build things and it wouldn't bother me if I never had to hammer a nail into anything ever again. Others own it like most people own golf clubs...to play once or twice a year with their buddies, complaining the whole time about how bad they play and the rest of the time the clubs sit in the closet and the average golfer neither cares about getting better at the sport and certainly does not want to invest the practice time to actually get better.   

Like most people the "average gun owners" cruise through life concerned more with "keeping up with the Joneses" and keeping ahead of their credit card bills each month than with how their rights are affected by political decisions in Nashville or Washington. They think the President "makes laws" , think "the government" is trying to "take their guns" and want to make sure that before "the government" does that they can make sure they  get all the "bullets" , "clips", AR15s, whatever they will ever need "while they still can" , and at the same time thinks the NRA is just a nebulous group of telemarketers and mail marketers out to get more money or a boogeyman that supports terrorists, white supremacists and crack addicts having machine guns ...yet they don't understand how continually mindlessly voting for the same candidates who their union tells them to vote for actually brings them closer to that whole "government taking your guns away" actually happening.... and they cant understand why it is the party they keep voting for that keeps trying to pass the laws that will limit what guns and ammo they can buy.....

They think a magazine is a "clip", a semi auto firearm is an "automatic", think "bullets" are what you call cartridges, think "Heads" is what you call bullets (or slugs...thank you TV cop shows),  think "Smith and Western" is the brand name of the revolver they inherited from their grand father, think "bulk" is some buzz word that some how makes 1000 rounds of "bulk" ammo different than 1000 rounds of "regular" ammo (OK, but is it "bulk"?) , think "knock down power" is a real thing, think everything they see on TV cop shows with regards to firearms , firearm laws, use of force and gunhandling  is correct, and think that because they "grew up around guns " they know all they will ever need to know. Well .....I grew up around electricity and I flip light switches on and off every day.....that does NOT make me an electrician by osmosis....

That is why nationwide about 4% of people have permits to carry , only about 1% carry on a regular basis and why only about 1/10 of that number take any additional training classes after their permit class. There are plenty of people who OWN guns that are not "Gun Nuts", or even "Gun people" and certainly not competent gun carriers....and frankly....most of them are OK with that....they just do not care. In fact SAAMI  (Sporting Arms and Manufacturers Institute ) thinks that about 25% of firearms purchased are never even fired. So what we sometimes view as typical ...or "average" might be average within our particular peer group but it is in no way indicative of society (or gun owners) at large. 

Edited by Cruel Hand Luke
  • Like 3
On 6/22/2016 at 11:48 AM, XxthejuicexX said:

Yet somehow anytime they near 'gun control' they're smart enough to rush out and buy firearms like they're about to be banned.

I think people are a lot more aware of what people in Washington are up to, but don't talk about it in public because it makes them look like a gun nut.

Just now, JayC said:

Yet somehow anytime they near 'gun control' they're smart enough to rush out and buy firearms like they're about to be banned.

I think people are a lot more aware of what people in Washington are up to, but don't talk about it in public because it makes them look like a gun nut.

Maybe, I think social media has a lot to do with it too. I can't tell you how many people said ( in my best redneck voice ) I saw on facebook that their planning on banning these assault rifles next week, you got any 30 round high capacity clips??

5 hours ago, XxthejuicexX said:

Maybe, I think social media has a lot to do with it too. I can't tell you how many people said ( in my best redneck voice ) I saw on facebook that their planning on banning these assault rifles next week, you got any 30 round high capacity clips??

They absolutely are planning on banning these assault rifles and high capacity magazines. It won’t be next week because they are on break until the week after next. There just happen to be some obstacles in their way. (People who understand the problem)