Ak's can kill deer

tercel89

Here's proof to the Democrats that AK's can be used to shoot deer. This is an older picture of my brother and me in the early 90's when we went deer hunting. We didn't have deer rifles so we used our AK's . I had a MAADI (Egyptian AK) and my brother used a MAK90 (Chinese AK) to hunt with . My brother nailed a buck. It was a clean shot through the heart with his Chinese MAK90.  His first deer and my first time gutting and butchering a deer. What an awesome time for us . It was 20 degrees when we were hunting and a few hours later it was 65 degrees. When I was butchering it , it was so warm the fat was foaming. Awesome time for us both . We aren't twins but we are very close. Just an awesome time and great food !

first deer.jpg

Edited by tercel89
  • Like 5
  • Admin Team
2 hours ago, gregintenn said:

The picture reminded me of an old movie where Eddie Murphy was a congressman, and in one scene, they were on a duck hunt, and he was shooting them with an M16. Pretty funny if you've never seen it.

"Vote for Jeff Johnson. He a good guy."

• Like 1

I used my Ruger M77 chambered in 7.62x39 last season to take two bucks. Worked like a charm with 110 gr Sierra's. Both rounds were 'pass throughs'.

I wanted to pre-test it before making it a grandson rifle. Now he won't have any excuses but pilot error if he doesn't bag one. :)

• Like 2
19 hours ago, XxthejuicexX said:

When you use FMJ's it might 

I have thought about that and I have wondered if using FMJ's if they would make the deer bleed out faster having made 2 holes instead of one. My brother used a soft point hunting round but I still wonder if a FMJ would make it bleed out faster and go down quicker for loss of blood.

• Like 1
Just now, tercel89 said:

I have thought about that and I have wondered if using FMJ's if they would make the deer bleed out faster having made 2 holes instead of one. My brother used a soft point hunting round but I still wonder if a FMJ would make it bleed out faster and go down quicker for loss of blood.

I don't know. It could work like an Arrow I guess. I know it's illegal to use them here in TN.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, tercel89 said:

Yeah it could work like an arrow , in and out

I doubt it.  An arrow leaves a pretty large wound when you consider the width of the blades and how much tissue it cuts.  A FMJ leaves a little hole and does not do much damage.  Thats why they are illegal.  

• Like 3

Agree, you need some expansion to open the hole for some trailing. You don't always see them fall, and in thick woods, you may need to rely on that blood trail to find your venison. The 110 Sierra's I mentioned above were hollow points, and they both blew through (rib cage shots, both of them). One at 55 yards and one at 70 yards. The exit holes were finger size. They chrono'd at 2100 FPS. One buck went 15 yards, the other about 30. Great blood trail out of the 30 yard buck, double pumping like a red spray can.