Obama Administration Bans Import of Izhmash & Kalashnikov (Saiga) Firearms

FWIW, this was part of a larger sanction package- though a weak one- from the administration against Russia.  They probably just went to every agency for input on sanction targets that won't upset American or EU business interests.  Putting these firearms into the list pisses of nobody but shooters who wanted them specifically, so it was an easy add.

Russian made (or financed) ammo will come sooner or later unless the Ukraine situation is resolved.  American ammo manufacturers won't mind that since it would remove a serious competitor in the ammo market.

Edited by btq96r
With continued executive actions and crap like operation choke point, the loons will make some progress on making firearms less available. Some shops are just hanging on and with the economic recovery being the opposite in reality, as are nearly all things the fundraiser says, more are sure to close.

With continued executive actions and crap like operation choke point, the loons will make some progress on making firearms less available. Some shops are just hanging on and with the economic recovery being the opposite in reality, as are nearly all things the fundraiser says, more are sure to close.

Not to mention the ones it will certainly put out of business that deal exclusively in those products; Krebs, RWC, Legion, etc.

re: possible Ammo bans further down the line...

reposted---
As far as I can tell the new round of sanctions should not affect the flow of Russian ammo. 

Barnaul (produces silver bear/brown bear etc) is NOT included in the new round of sanctions,Barnaul is owned by BSZ holding 
http://www.bszholding.ru/ 

they are not on this list: 
http://www.treasury.gov/resource-cen.../20140716.aspx 

Also, Tula Cartridge works is privately owned by Aleksey Solovov. Neither he or his company is listed.

[quote name="Dolomite_supafly" post="1169404" timestamp="1405611754"]Well I normally don't jump on the "Omg the sky is falling" hysteria but I just bought an AK. Couldn't beat an AK for $482 shipped with 12 magazines. Honestly I have wanted it for a while but I finally took the plunge.[/quote] At that price you cant go wrong

I'm surprised that the BHO admin hasn't done this earlier.

I was expecting that some nameless ATF bureaucrat would issued a late Friday afternoon determination that import of AKs in all their forms had no "sporting purposes."

Oh course BHO would react that he didn't know about the new ATF rule and had just read about it in the paper just like everybody else.  :squint:   

• Like 1

Well i'm not going to go out and buy a truck of ammo, can't afford it anyway but I am going to conserve what I do have right now especially 7.62x54 and 7.62x39.

Now with this Malysian passenger plane shot down over Ukraine you might want to hold on to your stock, no telling what's going on in Obama's tiny little authoritarian brain right now. I also recommend that those who do not have one, go to the store and buy a box of aluminum foil and make you a hat, you may wish you had one some day soon.

[quote name="Dolomite_supafly" post="1169436" timestamp="1405617170"]I bought an AK pistol. JG Sales has them on sale for $399 including 10 polymer magazines. I bought on in 223 so I can do a 300 Blackout conversion. Cheaper than dirt has the 7.62x39 versions for $405 free shipping but only 1 magazine.[/quote] Pistol with stabilizing brace? Verrrry tempting
[quote name="LINKS2K" post="1169467" timestamp="1405623195"]I understand the views of gun owners, but I don't dislike Obama so much that I don't support him sanctioning a perceived enemy of this country.[/quote] Then why don't you give him a call and tell him to "sanction" something that might actually hurt their economy. Saying that stopping a small export like their guns will hurt their economy is laughable at best. Same bullshit, from same Obama
  • Like 3

Obama has been coming for out stuff since 2008 not ONE single thing they said he was taken or banning or whatever has come true...

I call BS on thew whole story........Last month they banned 5.45 ammo.?  Well my guy has loads of it 

Edited by SonnyCrockett
[quote name="SonnyCrockett" post="1169470" timestamp="1405624220"] I call BS on thew whole story........Last month they banned 5.45 ammo.? Well my guy has loads of it [/quote] No, they didn't ban all 5.45 ammo. You haven't actually read any threads on this, have you?

I bought an AK pistol. JG Sales has them on sale for $399 including 10 polymer magazines. I bought on in 223 so I can do a 300 Blackout conversion.

Can't find it listed on the site now. Maybe a temp sale or sold out.

Then why don't you give him a call and tell him to "sanction" something that might actually hurt their economy. Saying that stopping a small export like their guns will hurt their economy is laughable at best. Same bull####, from same Obama

I'll give him a call when you are ready for serious dialog. I agree that there are greater sanctions that could be placed on Russia, and who is to know that there are not more coming. In the mean time, this is a start and I'm sorry if it hurts your feelings because you are a gun owner. Edited by LINKS2K

I bought an AK pistol. JG Sales has them on sale for $399 including 10 polymer magazines. I bought on in 223 so I can do a 300 Blackout conversion.

Cheaper than dirt has the 7.62x39 versions for $405 free shipping but only 1 magazine.

I got the Zastava M92 from CTD about a month ago, it's a hoot, and quite accurate. Dunno if I'll do the brace on it down the road or what, may just keep it short. Definitely needs a flash hider though, I think it's a one shot firearm in dim light. :)

pap.jpg

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1