Help me decide my new handgun!

reed1285

Maybe I am alone on this, but I don't buy a gun because of how pretty the gun looks. I look for performance, reliability, and versatility. I don't have much experience with CZ's, but I do like Glocks. I am definitely someone who likes to go against the flow, but Glocks have proven themselves over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I carry a G19 myself. It's my favorite size for a Glock. They're nothing to write home about, but they work and the aftermarket is huge for them. So finding a holster that you like or other accessories would be easier than the others. That being said, I also own a 75 SP01. Amazing handgun and just feels right in the hand. It's strictly a range gun and not something I ever plan to carry. P07 feels good in the hand and very similar in size to the 19. A guy I work with has one and can't speak any more highly about it. I work part time in gun retail so I get to handle quite a few that are on the market. If you're looking at compact handguns and are interested in CZ's, you may want to hold out a bit for the new P10c. Supposed to have an awesome trigger in it and worth a look. I would also suggest a look at the 320c. I think any of them would fit the bill. Personally, I would say the 75b compact would be the nicest. 

• Like 2
The use of a light rail might just sneak up on you. I didn't think I would like them, but I got a couple of Glock lights from Steelharp some time ago. I put one on myG19 and found that I like it for use as house gun.
So, if you haven't had a bad experience with one, or just hate railed frames; don't rule it out immediately.

I dont mind rails at all. My home defense gun is a Springfield XDM 40 with Streamlight TLR series light on it. Its just that I dont want or need one on this particular gun. It will be mostly just a pleasure shooter...something to just add to my collection.

Maybe I am alone on this, but I don't buy a gun because of how pretty the gun looks. I look for performance, reliability, and versatility. I don't have much experience with CZ's, but I do like Glocks. I am definitely someone who likes to go against the flow, but Glocks have proven themselves over the years.

Me neither, I have some pretty ugly guns! My MAIN reasoning on why I havent really looked at Glocks seriously up until now is the way they fee in my hand, just a personal preference kinda thing.

Me neither, I have some pretty ugly guns! My MAIN reasoning on why I havent really looked at Glocks seriously up until now is the way they fee in my hand, just a personal preference kinda thing.

I completely understand, they happen to feel pretty good in my hand I suppose. I have bigger hands, so the 19 fits perfectly in my hand. I also have the 43, it feels a little weird, but I have become accustomed to it at this point.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, reed1285 said:

I dont mind rails at all. My home defense gun is a Springfield XDM 40 with Streamlight TLR series light on it. Its just that I dont want or need one on this particular gun. It will be mostly just a pleasure shooter...something to just add to my collection.

Ah...I see now...says the blind man. Makes much more sense now. Just slow on the uptake.

• Like 1

I felt the same as you about glocks (ugly, boring, didn't feel right, too trendy, etc.)... until I bought one! You might say I went against the flow by getting a gen2:)

Now I have several glocks, and it's hard for me to imagine a better carry gun. I own several different brands and models of carry guns, but I still default G19 when I can... G43 when I can't.

• Like 2

I second the advice to get to a range and try them all out - that could very well save you some money in the long run.  I had both a Gen 4 Glock 19 and a CZ 75B.  Based solely on feel, the CZ was the winner hands down.  CZ is famous for their ergonomics for a reason.  And the Glock?  Well, it felt like a Glock - not completely terrible, but nothing special either.  But when it came to actually shooting them, I shot the Glock better - much better actually.  I could speculate on the reasons for that (didn't care for the CZ sights, differences in triggers, etc).  But I say all that just to say again, try them out for yourself first if you can.  I bet the choice will be a lot easier for you then.

• Like 1
I second the advice to get to a range and try them all out - that could very well save you some money in the long run.  I had both a Gen 4 Glock 19 and a CZ 75B.  Based solely on feel, the CZ was the winner hands down.  CZ is famous for their ergonomics for a reason.  And the Glock?  Well, it felt like a Glock - not completely terrible, but nothing special either.  But when it came to actually shooting them, I shot the Glock better - much better actually.  I could speculate on the reasons for that (didn't care for the CZ sights, differences in triggers, etc).  But I say all that just to say again, try them out for yourself first if you can.  I bet the choice will be a lot easier for you then.

My son has a Glock 19 and a 42. I have had all at the range and rented a 43. I wanted to get on the bandwagon and my son would never give his G-19. They're just not for me.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

We own several Glocks, tho' not a 19. Never bothered as I have other choices in that size already. If interested in a CZ, I'd hold off until availability rises and prices drop on their new P10C. Not a "traditional" CZ but I'd like to try one out.

I own several glocks and they are my go to carry gun because no matter what they shoot. And if one has to go into evidence in the case of a shooting I know it'll come back because who would want to steal a glock. Now my favorite gun to shoot is my Sig RCS 1911. Smoothest most accurate gun I've shot. But it is too nice to make it into my edc line up unless I'm OCing which is rare.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk