CEASE AND DESIST

Guest nraforlife

Guest nraforlife

Rant below and IF this offends anybody I really don't care!

Attention 'do gooders' and those who thrive on 'sticking their noses in other peoples business'.

WHEN you see a store, shop, mall, restaurant or whatever THAT isn't properly posted in regards to not carrying there PLEASE for the love of whatever God you pray to SHUT THE FRICK UP, go about your business and then go home. All your 'I know the law and I'm going to straighten the owner out' BS causes is another area that we cannot carry in. SO PLEASE STOP!!! Just carry well concealed, even though you don't have to, and don't stir up a load of :D that screws other people. :D

Edited by nraforlife
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HexHead
Rant below and IF this offends anybody I really don't care!

Attention 'do gooders' and those who thrive on 'sticking their noses in other peoples business'.

WHEN you see a store, shop, mall, restaurant or whatever THAT isn't properly posted in regards to not carrying there PLEASE for the love of whatever God you pray to SHUT THE FRICK UP, go about your business and then go home. All your 'I know the law and I'm going to straighten the owner out' BS causes is another area that we cannot carry in. SO PLEASE STOP!!! Just carry well concealed, even though you don't have to, and don't stir up a load of :D that screws other people. :D

ABSOFRICKINLUTELY!!!

The only time I'll mention the sign is when it's already properly posted to let them know I'll never darken their door again and will advise others as well.

The "this gives me chance to educate them" crap NEVER works.

Guest slothful1
All your 'I know the law and I'm going to straighten the owner out' BS causes is another area that we cannot carry in. SO PLEASE STOP!!!

And be kwik about it!

Guest nraforlife
And be kwik about it!
I wasn't going to go there..

AND LET ME ADD...

ALL you HCP Instructors out there, DO YOUR PART. Advise your classes that they DO NOT have an obligation to shoot their mouths off :D about poor postings to the owners of the establishment.

What exactly does it screw up?

If a building has 4 entrances 3 are posted 1 is not,do you just use the door not posted.

I think this is just asking for trouble.

Guest 70below

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: The information provided within the Concealed Carry and Self Defense forum is not to be considered legal or professional advice. This information is provided for entertainment purposes only.TN Gun Owners (TGO) is not in the business of providing legal counsel or professional training. You should always seek the services of a licensed professional for legal counsel, or firearms or self-defense training. The views and opinions expressed within this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of TGO. Do not accept what you read on the Internet as the final word on any subject. Your use of this forum constitutes your agreement to these terms.

Before I get too far into this...let me say I have changed my way of thinking from before...and I now agree with the OP and other post. But....

A long, long time ago, I used to think about (never actually did) telling a property owner if they had an improper sign. To be honest, in my travels I havn't seen a sign proper, improper or otherwise, so this was more what if.

My thinking at the time was, if it was their intention to ban firearms, they should do it legally. The main reason I felt this way because at the time I didn't have quite the understanding of the law as I do now (still not a big understanding) and I didn't really want to be confritational (if spotted) with the owner or LEO about the legality of the sign. So I figure either post properly or not at all.

But fastforward a few years and now that I feel I understand the law just a tad bit better and that I feel as long as I am legal (or what I think to be legal) I am willing to argue my point up to a certain degree and I say let the improper postings be.

So when someone young or new to carry mentions about informing the owner, I sort of understand where they may be coming from and figure a polite explination as to why that is not a good idea is in order. If it is from someone who has carried a while....well....I just don't understand why they would want to.

I think some of y'all are pretty good at rationalization, which is a psychological defense mechanism-- rationalization is pretty handy now and then because we slant it in our favor, like when I file my taxes, I get more $ when I use my rationalization instead of using the IRS rules.

And now and then you get your a$$ in a sling because reality did not agree with your rationalization. Some mall ninja flashlight cop makes you and calls the local popo.

If you know a location is posted but you go in the only unposted door, you are probably technically legal and you might be able to technically wrangle your way out of it if you get caught. But, on the other hand, it might cost you a few hundred or a couple of grand to hire an attorney to defend you if the DA decides to prosecute.

If I decide to enter a place I know is posted, I accept the consequences of my actions. I might end up in a legal morass, but I probably won't.

That's a decision we all need to make and come to terms with.

But, ultimately, concealed is concealed.

If Stealth fighters cannot be detected by radar, are they really there? Well, the enemy doesn't think so and thus does not take measures to react to the Stealth fighters.

In my experience most mall-store-hospital ninjas do not yet have the new x-ray vision concealed carry detection goggles. I am not as certain about the airport folks, though.

Concealed is concealed. Just make your choice.

Edited by ZenDog
typo

Why would anyone want to tell a stranger that they were carrying? That is what you are doing when you raise a stink about a sign. This is stupid. Concealed is best, and talking about it is the same as showing it, thus not concealed. I am sure most here have carried where they were not legal to do so. Did we advertise that we were carrying? NO!! It is common for new HCP owners to want someone to know. Tell your friends if you must, not strangers. Keep you mouths shut!

I misunderstood the OP,I would not take the time to explain the sign or posting was wrong.I would not carry in to the building either knowing what the owner was trying to say.

If a sign says NO PAKRING,I would not park in the space because the sign is spelled wrong.

I think some of y'all are pretty good at rationalization, which is a psychological defense mechanism-- rationalization is pretty handy now and then because we slant it in our favor, like when I file my taxes, I get more $ when I use my rationalization instead of using the IRS rules.

And now and then you get your a$$ in a sling because reality did not agree with your rationalization. Some mall ninja flashlight cop makes you and calls the local popo.

If you know a location is posted but you go in the only unposted door, you are probably technically legal and you might be able to technically wrangle your way out of it if you get caught. But, on the other hand, it might cost you a few hundred or a couple of grand to hire an attorney to defend you if the DA decides to prosecute.

If I decide to enter a place I know is posted, I accept the consequences of my actions. I might end up in a legal morass, but I probably won't.

That's a decision we all need to make and come to terms with.

If Stealth fighters cannot be detected by radar, are they really there? Well, the enemy doesn't think so and thus does not take measures to react to the Stealth fighters.

In my experience most mall-store-hospital ninjas do not yet have the new x-ray vision concealed carry detection goggles. I am not as certain about the airport folks, though.

A little off-topic, but damn Zen can you think of anything else to call people in the Security field? We aren't all mall ninjas bent on domination of our little corners of the world. Some of us are even pretty understanding if your "concealed" holster pops out from under your jacket while you are "thwarting" the inferior hospital ninja security on your trip to the ER for your cold.

Guest sermon8r
I misunderstood the OP,I would not take the time to explain the sign or posting was wrong.I would not carry in to the building either knowing what the owner was trying to say.

If a sign says NO PAKRING,I would not park in the space because the sign is spelled wrong.

that is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you really want to have a discussion with the owner about an improperly posted sign, why not pretend that it is correctly posted and try to convince them to remove it. You can find lots of info on this forum to help support your position on why posting is a bad idea.

Otherwise, I agree. Just keep quiet.

Misspelled? Not quite!

It would be more like a tire with a red slash through it,or a hubcap free zone :koolaid:

+1 Thank you for posting this and encourage those who don't understand this POV to use the search function. It has been discussed ad nausea in other threads. Obey the law and don't try and be the legal beagle who stayed at Holiday Inn giving legal advice to stores or any one else for that matter. :koolaid:

<SNIP>

<SNIP>

I've chosen to ignore the insulting "mall ninja" crap.

But I did make MY choice. I carry OPEN. Do me, and others who may wish to carry openly (in accordance with the law, btw), and take your condescending "concealed is concealed" religion and shove it.:koolaid:

Edited by Glock30Owner