In Relation To Death

pop pop

Death is a natural part of life. We may not like it but  will all experience it in time. All the animals and fauna will die eventually. "Death is a subject many do not want to discuss." Some fear death. Death is the point where one's spirit leaves this tent, where it exit here on earth (our body),  then our soul spirit enters the Hadean Realm (the realm of departed spirits) and eventually the spirit returns to God who gave it in the first place. The body (tent where the spirit exist on earth) is placed in the ground and returns to dust which God used to form our bodies in the beginning of mankind. One can confirm this in the pages of the Holy Bible, which is Gods  word to mankind, and in written form.  King James had the Bible translated and put into written form many centuries ago. We can all benefit by reading a good translation. We are blessed to have it in this day in time. 

Matter of fact, one does not need to fear death. One can prepare for death. That is the key to not fearing death. Guys it is going to come. Death to some people, those who prepared beforehand, will be something looked forward too. The Bible tells one heaven is a wonderful place to spend eternity with God and Christ sitting  at His right hand.

I don't say this callously because death, is separation and it brings great grief and pain to our families, loved ones, and friends who are left behind here in this realm. Those who are left, in this realm, can take comfort in the fact they they can go to the one who had died and gone into the next realm. You can read what King David said after he lost his son he had with Bathsheba, in (2nd Samuel 12:15-23) in your Bible. It is comforting to know one can go to the departed providing we prepare for it. 

The key to deal with death is to prepare yourself for it before one reaches the end.    

I know this is a gun blog and death is not a pleasant subject, but we will all face it sooner or later. Why I put this in General Discussion. 

I have a friend who is haunted by those he killed in war. I told him they had the same chance to prepare themselves as he did, before they met their death in War. Not a good/pleasant subject to discuss, but a needed one in the days of Coved and after.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

I spent 23 years as a volunteer fireman / EMT, and I saw a lot of dead folks during that time, and even watched a few die. I'm with you, pop pop, death is just the price of admission. We're all going there eventually, the only question is when. Modern folks are insulated too much from death. Not too long ago people died at home with family around them. Now we ship dying folks off to a hospital or hospice and we don't see it happen as often. 

• Like 3

Darrell your very correct. We, as a modern society, are insulated from death. I can remember my grandmother was viewed and kept, after her death, in my parent's home after she passed, and until she was burred. Death is a subject many don't like to discuss. Been 113 views of this thread and 1 comment.  

I've come mighty close to dying twice. I don't want to die and plan on fighting it as long as I can. But I've come to realize that I'm not afraid of it. Not really sure why. I guess that as I get older that I know its coming and just accept that. 

It took the Angel of Death seven tries to get my Dad. I figure I should have at least several more in me. 😉

On 12/8/2020 at 11:40 AM, Darrell said:

Not too long ago people died at home with family around them. Now we ship dying folks off to a hospital or hospice and we don't see it happen as often. 

One memory that stands out from my teenage years is....my Great Grandmother spent her final weeks living with my Nana (great aunt, her daughter), who took care of her.  She was in her late 80s then, and I remember when we all made that final visit on a Sunday night when it seemed all the adults knew that time was coming.  Gram as we called her got to spend her last night in as much comfort as was possible, with as much love as the three generations after her could provide before passing in the middle of the night in peace.  It was as right and dignified as anything I've ever seen in my life...and I'm glad we had that time with her, and with each other.   While I know not all deaths come with that much advance time, I would wish something similar for anyone else when their time ends if there is a chance.

Edited by btq96r
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, pop pop said:

Has anyone got an idea how much funerals cost now? Don't expect to be in the market for one, any time soon, but would like to know. 

Funerals can be very costly or somewhat reasonable. Not sure about pricing these days. My Dad asked for cremation. Total cost for that 5 years ago was right at $1,000. He told me several times in his final years that old age made a person not afraid to die and he was ready when his time came.

I was going to start a topic titled "you ever have one of those weeks" but I'll share my story here. Three and a half weeks ago I went to see about having stents put in, but as luck would have it they couldn't do that due to the blockage, one was 70%, another 90% and one at 80%. So off I went to surgery. They preformed five (5) bypasses on me, but before I went into surgery for my bypasses I had a few other tests that needed run, well the hits just kept coming. I was also diagnosed with colon cancer and have some lesions on my liver. I came out of the heart surgery just fine and was discharged from the hospital just two weeks after having bypass surgery. I'm facing an uphill battle with the cancer diagnosis, I start on the 23 of December my Chemotherapy treatment witch will be 12 treatments one every other week for 6 months. I've had some time to think and reflect on this subject, and I've come to accept it. Just hope I can beat this, the only thing that bothers me is if for some reason I don't make it through this is the thought of leaving my wife, I love her more than anything in this world and would hate to leave her. But I'm fine with everything else, I don't fear death it's a part of life's cycle. Sorry for the long post.

36 minutes ago, DJTC45 said:

I was going to start a topic titled "you ever have one of those weeks" but I'll share my story here. Three and a half weeks ago I went to see about having stents put in, but as luck would have it they couldn't do that due to the blockage, one was 70%, another 90% and one at 80%. So off I went to surgery. They preformed five (5) bypasses on me, but before I went into surgery for my bypasses I had a few other tests that needed run, well the hits just kept coming. I was also diagnosed with colon cancer and have some lesions on my liver. I came out of the heart surgery just fine and was discharged from the hospital just two weeks after having bypass surgery. I'm facing an uphill battle with the cancer diagnosis, I start on the 23 of December my Chemotherapy treatment witch will be 12 treatments one every other week for 6 months. I've had some time to think and reflect on this subject, and I've come to accept it. Just hope I can beat this, the only thing that bothers me is if for some reason I don't make it through this is the thought of leaving my wife, I love her more than anything in this world and would hate to leave her. But I'm fine with everything else, I don't fear death it's a part of life's cycle. Sorry for the long post.

Wishing you the best-

• Like 2
  • Authorized Vendor
39 minutes ago, DJTC45 said:

Man on man.....I'm so sorry to hear this. God bless you and yours and we will be praying for you. 

• Like 2

Pop Pop, Its good to mention this in forums since it is the entire reason why we are here in the first place. As the Korens say, "you were born to die, prepare for it".  Oddly, I have a few crossed brain cells that on occasion gives me the ability to see & at times talk to folks I know that passed. Especially a brother I had that had a very violent death when he was 19 back in 1976. After his death, I would talk to him in dreams about what he was up to on the other side. Those dreams came years apart as he learned his greater depth of perception. Everyone is in a different level of self perception. Life times builds your ability to understand the expanse of the spiritual realms and accumulate knowledge if your humble enough to let it in.  The most sad thing today is folks dont know how incredibly corrosive it is to lie. Lying carries over into a entrained subconscious spiritual reflex that puts you with spirits of similar mindset at death. This life gives each of us the ability to expand our awareness and movement threw the various "mansions" as Christ had mentioned once relieved of the encumbrance of blood and bone. He who uses lies to move threw this world retards their forward movement into the white light of all knowledge. It reinforces the hidden desire of dark and hidden places that fear the Light of God. If only people knew what lies do to them selves beyond this world...... Spiritualy speaking they are as little babies enamored with the light of this world but this is not the everlasting. Fear of death is their ball and chain..... Faith has yet to make it into their bucket list.

• Like 1
  • Moderators
48 minutes ago, DJTC45 said:

Prayers for you as you face these life battles. 

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, DJTC45 said:

Praying for you. My btother inlaw was diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer in March. He gets regular immuno therapy as opposed to chemo due to the late stage of the disease. He is still hanging in there and has actually improved some. Hoping they can get you fixed up.

• Like 2

DJTC45, I am the guy who started this thread. Vent all you want to. You have had a bad trip. Will pray for you right now. 

I had bypass myself 4 years ago. I am going tomorrow to have my memory checked out. After I woke from the bypass I lost a considerable amount of memory. Surgeon said that is a side effect with a small percentage of by pass patients. 

Hoping and praying all goes well with you. 

Edited to add; I know what you are saying about leaving your wife. I too have had those same thoughts. I have 5 stints and double bypass in my history. I am Christian and do not fear death either, but sure would hate to leave my sweetie. We just celebrated 50 years married. She has suffered because of my Agent Orange from Vietnam and it certainly has brought a hardship on her being married to me. Most of my problems stem from service connection. I am a 90% disabled Veteran.

Edited by pop pop
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@pop pop

Not to derail your thread, but my dad served in the 'Nam in the Marines, and was critically wounded in the battle for Hue City. He struggled with his experiences for years, and it ended up killing him. Stay strong.

Interesting fact.... his dad..my grandfather, was in the USN in WWII, and was in the Battle of Leyte Gulf. My brother and I always  called him 'Pop Pop'.

Thanks for your service, and I wish you the best sir.

I like to thank those here that served America. I have not. But I find it interesting that my father who was wounded 3 times on the Russian front as a conscript Officer in the German army was very religious due solely to his service, yet had zero belief in life after death. He just couldn't get his head around that. A Waffen SS bud of his would say if you didn't believe when you went in the front lines, You did if you survived it all. Its too bad it has to come to that for many folks to develop a faith in God thats so well hidden from the 5 senses. 

On another note, memory loss has a lot to do with anesthesia. That effect soars in folks beyond the age of 70 if anesthetized.  The web is full of these sorts of studies....  Why anesthetics cause prolonged memory loss -- ScienceDaily

I experienced memory loss after bypass surgery. Went to the Dr yesterday and had my memory  tested. Results supposed to show if I have Dementia, or Alzheimer's, or just memory. I know I have a flawed memory  loss caused by old age, I am 72. I know I really have a diminished capability. I just don't know why. I did talk to my Heart Surgeon and Cardiac Care Dr, shortly after surgery,  and both told me some do experience memory loss, after heart surgery, but for most their memory gets better with time. My memory has not and the surgeon said a slight possibility it would not in a few cases.   

The test lasted two and a half hours. My mind was blown by the time it was finished. I never looked at so many pages of circles dots and imposed pictures in my life. Even told me 25 words, 2 times, then told me to repeat them. I could not have accomplished that feat  when I was young. 

I still study the Bible and read a lot of books, which I enjoy. Can't remember a lot of scripture or wher to find information on specific subjects in the Bible. That bothers me. My mother passed with Alzheimer's and I want to know if that is a possibility with me. 

Appreciate the thanks, xtriggerman.