Weedkiller

Roundup is just glyphosate.  It’s just what percentage you use.   Go to a Coop and get RM43 and mix it within directions.   As important, use a surfactant like Preference which you can also get there.  I typically mix about 32oz of RM43 and 16oz of Preference in 25 gallons of water. 

if you are talking broadleaf, then 2-4d. 

for clover, nothing beats Milestone.  

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, Hozzie said:

You don’t need a gallon.  It only takes 4oz per acre or so.  A quart is plenty for most normal situations. 

It’s worth it. 

If one spraying will kill kill it I would do a quart. It's still expensive but would be worth it.

For broad leaf I use a Crossroad with is Tricolor: 3,5,6-trichloroethane-2pyridinyloxyacetic acid 29.4% I mix it 8oz to the gal which is a bit stronger than the directions, does a good job controlling kudzu. The people that cuts trees for the power company uses it even stronger and the kudzu curls up in an hour or so. They call it stump killer because if you have fast growing weed tree it grows right back unless you spray the stump area with Crossroad and then it doesn't grow back.  I have used it for that purpose a couple of the time and it works. It will make grass yellow if you get overspray but it seems to recovers in a week or so.

3 hours ago, Hozzie said:

Roundup is just glyphosate.  It’s just what percentage you use.   Go to a Coop and get RM43 and mix it within directions.   As important, use a surfactant like Preference which you can also get there.  I typically mix about 32oz of RM43 and 16oz of Preference in 25 gallons of water. 

if you are talking broadleaf, then 2-4d. 

for clover, nothing beats Milestone.  

Reckon that RM43 would kill poison ivy and Virginia creeper?

7 hours ago, BigK said:

Reckon that RM43 would kill poison ivy and Virginia creeper?

It should.  It definitely kills poison ivy.  It’s considered a total vegetation killer. 

I know a lot of people don’t like to use Roundup, etc but when spraying around my place I need something that works and within reason stays dead for a while. I mow 4 acres and spray around areas I don’t want to trim, on grown up tree lines, etc where I mow and just want to keep the jungle manageable.  I do try to keep it within labeled ratio’s, even trying to use the low end depending how dense the stuff I am trying to kill is and it has always worked for me.  I do recommend using a mask and always spray when the wind is down as it will drift and kill other things you may not want to if in close proximity   A lot just depends what kind of stream you are using on your sprayer.

I can’t reiterate enough, use a surfactant as well. 

Edited by Hozzie
  • 2 weeks later...