Staccato opinions

Pain103

I've owned 7 Staccato's, P 4.14 Full Rail, P DPO, C2 DPO, two C's and a CS. I sold the full size ones and the C2, I still have the two C Single Stack, and the CS. I carry one daily and like the way they feel and shoot. Have you ever handled one? I did some work on mine, I fitted new triggers and fitted Wilson Combat Bullet Proof Single Side Thumb Safteys, I personally just don't care for Double Thumb Safteys. Now they don't make the C Single Stack's any more, the CS I have is great to carry, the only complaint I have about Staccato on the CS is their Mags for it are a total different design than other 2011's. Meaning they won't interchange with the P or C2 mags. other than the cost of the mags I really like them. Here's a picture of four that I have except for the top one which is the C2 I sold, I'm probably going to buy another one of those. The next three are the CS and the two C'sif you have anymore questions about them let me know, I live in the Whitehouse area and would meet you at one of the indoor ranges and let you try them out if your local to the area.20230527_100349.thumb.jpg.176f4d0d09bade16a00f392cae862fa0.jpg

I mean, they're 2011s.  Meaning you are dealing with all the quirks of a 1911 along with fairly expensive and occasionally squirrelly double stack mags.  Everything else is just figuring out what slide and frame size you want to live with.  They do carry considerably easier if you remove the extended magwell.   They're fine for carry if that's what you want to do, but realize they are somewhat of an enthusiast's pistol and will require a bit more knowledge and maintenance than your out-of-the-box Glock or similar.

• Like 1

I have a P with several thousand rounds through it by now. I love it, great gun but definitely not a good carry option for me. I have a friend that carries his though, it can be done. I have shot a CS several times and loved it as well. Fairly strong contender for replacing my 43X as my daily. I am also looking at the new sig macro for that role. 

I have a C2 and love it. I would like to pick up a CS next. I have shot the P and it was also good but larger than what I wanted to carry.

I think they are worth the money and recommend them. I only have about 2K rounds through my C2 but it has not had a malfunction yet.

I had a C2 duo for a while, I liked how it shot and ran subs suppressed very well. I had the opportunity to get a P210 Target and my buddy wanted it more than I did so now I have a P210 and some extra cash. I tried to carry it with the appendix holster the previous owner had for it and I found it bulky and uncomfortable, but I’ve never been a fan of appendix carry. During my ownership of the C2 I got my hands on a Cosaint and a Masterpiece Arms DS9 and I can honestly say they made the Staccato feel like a glock. I wouldn’t overlook other brands due to the hype staccato carries. Are they great pistols, yes, are they worth the money, to some, would I get another, maybe if an XL fell in my lap. I’ve built or rebuilt most of my 8 1911s and it has got me thinking about building a 2011 for myself to replace it.  Like JustEd said, if you have the money go for it, but I’d look at others first. 

• 2 months later...

I have 4 of them. I still consider them way overpriced. I see them as the new Glock boys toy. There are many guns that are better for a fraction of the cost. If you have the money and want to be able to say you have a staccato as if that's some sort of flex now then go for it, If you are looking for the best bang for your buck i would search more. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't. Glock has a wayyyy better track record. But thats why everyone has an opinion. I feel they are over priced for what you get and their more expensive ones are pushing you into Nighthawk, Atlas, etc prices which make the Staccato look like a Ruger LCP lol. If you really like them thats awesome and Im sure there are things we could both agree on about them as well.

• Like 1