Tornado in Clarksville

tercel89

Touch downs all around me but nothing at my house except rain and some wind.  Saw today where it hit and power line down, power poles broken off, buildings smashed, and vehicles smashed and one on its roof and almost in Ft. Campbell Blvd.

In winter (December/January) if it gets over 50 degrees F for two days here it means bad storms/tornados.

• Like 3
On 12/10/2023 at 4:52 PM, Grand Torino said:

These tornados in winter seem worse than the ones in the spring to me. These up and down temperatures make life miserable. We can under a tornado warning and went into the shelter but thankfully nothing came of it around here.

Prayers to all those affected by this recent storm. My heart truly does got out to you all.

Yeah , back in January of 1999 Clarksville got leveled downtown by another bad tornado right in the middle of winter just like this time. Except no one died in thst one cause it happened at 4am . I worked 26 hrs straight during that one. I slept an hour in the back of a state troopers backseat. 

Edited by tercel89
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, DWARREN123 said:

Touch downs all around me but nothing at my house except rain and some wind.  Saw today where it hit and power line down, power poles broken off, buildings smashed, and vehicles smashed and one on its roof and almost in Ft. Campbell Blvd.

In winter (December/January) if it gets over 50 degrees F for two days here it means bad storms/tornados.

Have only lived here 4 years but it seems pretty apparent with the same pattern. Really warm winter day with a 40-50 degree difference cold front right behind it = tornados. 

I was sitting on my front patio Sat morning at 5am drinking coffee and smoking feeling how warm it was and thinking, I don't care what the weather lady Bree says on Channel 5. This is tornado weather. Sure enough, by noon "here we go". Luckily all we had on this side of the river in Dover was a really bad sideways wind/rain as it went over but just over the river in Indian Mound was a different story. Wife was in Clarksville shopping and on her way home down 79 had to run into the Walmart at Dover Crossing when the sirens went off after I called her and told her to not drive with what was on the way.

• Like 1

My power has been restored! No Internet yet but I'll take my house not freezing.

It's been a crazy few days. If anyone needs help, Northeast High School has tons of supplies. The community has been amazing with donations and assistance.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, DO-TN said:

Have only lived here 4 years but it seems pretty apparent with the same pattern. Really warm winter day with a 40-50 degree difference cold front right behind it = tornados. 

I was sitting on my front patio Sat morning at 5am drinking coffee and smoking feeling how warm it was and thinking, I don't care what the weather lady Bree says on Channel 5. This is tornado weather. Sure enough, by noon "here we go". Luckily all we had on this side of the river in Dover was a really bad sideways wind/rain as it went over but just over the river in Indian Mound was a different story. Wife was in Clarksville shopping and on her way home down 79 had to run into the Walmart at Dover Crossing when the sirens went off after I called her and told her to not drive with what was on the way.

I was watching Channel5 weather on Friday and the weather man said we had a cold front coming on the weekend that would be dropping temps by 20+ but he followed that up with that they are not expecting any severe weather with it. Rain and maybe some strong winds was what we can expect. He said that 5 or 6 times and I made sure my safe room was ready on Friday night cause his saying several times NO SEVERE WEATHER would be with the front! I knew he was wrong cause  serious fronts in December bring tornados!!!

• 2 weeks later...

While patrolling,  I was checking on a church that got torn up. Their church van was blown over . I got to looking and some crack head had took advantage of this storm damage to cut off the catalytic converters. Unreal how low thiefs are. Really low down scum. 

20231219_131602.jpg

20231219_131547.jpg

Edited by tercel89
  • Angry 1
3 hours ago, tercel89 said:

While patrolling,  I was checking on a church that got torn up. Their church van was blown over . I got to looking and some crack head had took advantage of this storm damage to cut off the catalytic converters. Unreal how low thiefs are. Really low down scum. 

20231219_131602.jpg

20231219_131547.jpg

3 hours ago, Jamie Jackson said:

Vermin and a pestilence @tercel89.

Be safe. Prayers continue for all.

Merry Christmas nonetheless. 

What a shame, I know the van will be totaled but shame on the POS's.

• Like 1