It followed me home - Kimber K6S!

I'm not a revolver guy, but I like that a lot! How about a range report?

*edit* Looked it up. $1200!!! See this is why I'll never own a revolver. I want one but that's to much for my own novelty.

Edited by NoBanStan
  • Like 1

It's is pricey but I didn't pay quite that. You can get them under $900 (still a lot!)

I'm not a revolver guy either, but the older I get the more I like revolvers and lever actions. 😉

• Love 1

I am a revolver guy. Like yours a bunch, Smith. I recently purchased a new 686 + from outpost in the Boro. It is stainless and IS a 7 shot with a 3" brl also. My EDC is a 7 shot Taurus 617 38/357 2" brl which I carry Corbon DPX 357 ammo in. The 686 is a little large for pocket carry. I pocket carry the Taurus when I am out of bed. I have an alloy frame 617 which is much lighter 7 shot, but only in 38 Spl. 

If I feel a need for more ammo on board, I carry a S W MP 9C 9MM IWB 15 shot and 4" brl or a Ruger Max 9 13 shot in my pocket. I do not feel under gunned with the 7 round revolver and I also carry one reload, always, in a strip in my back pocket.   This is my current carry firearms and has been for 4 years. Practice with all 3, but not on the same days. I always concentrate on one at a time. 

"Smitty", hope you enjoy your new revolver. Looks fine guy! 

• Like 6
3 hours ago, Smith said:

It's is pricey but I didn't pay quite that. You can get them under $900 (still a lot!)

I'm not a revolver guy either, but the older I get the more I like revolvers and lever actions. 😉

I SHOULD like revolvers. I have every reason TO like them. Reliability and accuracy alone speak for themselves. Plus, what's cooler than a .357 really?

See, now I want one. Can someone please convince my wife?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
23 hours ago, Smith said:

LOL, agree completely, the Older I get the more wheel guns I want!

the same with Lever action rifles, never had a desire until I got old LOL

• Like 1

I guess I have faith in revolvers because every crisis in my life was successfully handled by a handgun. Starting form a very early age when my father contracted tuberculosis then purchased a pre-model 10 for my mother to protect us with. He was sent to a sanatorium in Ashville N Carolina in 1949/50. Shortly after he was taken away from us, mother had to use it to stop a drunk who came to our home and made an attempt to get in our house.  No locks on the door, but a case knife slid in the door frame to keep unwanted visitors out.

Had several more incidences where a revolver was used successfully to protect me. Last time was about 8 years back I had 3 25ish guys try to accost me while walking to my mailbox and I had a revolver in my pocket. The availability and willingness to use it saved me from a beating, once again, in my own front yard. 

I have faith in revolvers from experience. May not work next time, no naivety here, if it happens, but faith in God will take care of the rest. 

I am sure plenty here have had similar experiences in our long lives.  

Edited to add; Smitty, use your revolver with confidence. They will do the job for individual citizens. Just familiarize yourself to us it well. 

Edited by pop pop
  • Like 8
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 3/3/2024 at 5:41 PM, Spiffy said:

I looked at one of those a time or 2. The modern feel to it turned me off for some reason in my hands but they are beautiful guns.

I'm kind of the opposite, but then again I don't have a whole lot of revolver attachment. I was torn between a western style SA revolver to go with my lever gun (.357) and a pragmatic revolver in .357 to pair with my lever gun. The modern feel of the K6S was a huge bonus for me, even though I like the looks of the western style. Particularly over the feel of the King Cobra.

If I got stuck with one rifle and long gun platform and ammo wasn't an issue, I would go with this setup. A .357 revolver and a 16" .357 lever. 

Edited by Smith
  • Like 1

I have a 2” barrel on my K6 and like it a lot. The only change I made was to replace the grip. I needed somewhere for my little finger to hang out.

Hey Smith, very cool K6!  I don't know if you remember my little Ruger .357 from our days at the store, but I still carry it more often than anything else.  Congrats on the stellar new revolver that'll always get the job done.

• Like 1
On 1/5/2024 at 9:06 AM, NoBanStan said:

I'm not a revolver guy, but I like that a lot! How about a range report?

*edit* Looked it up. $1200!!! See this is why I'll never own a revolver. I want one but that's to much for my own novelty.

Yep. That just stopped my lusting for one right there! Smith always has some nice things!

• Like 1
On 1/5/2024 at 12:55 PM, NoBanStan said:

I SHOULD like revolvers. I have every reason TO like them. Reliability and accuracy alone speak for themselves. Plus, what's cooler than a .357 really?

See, now I want one. Can someone please convince my wife?

Good luck with that one! Still trying to justify the stack of boxes I haven't been able to hide!

• Like 1
On 3/4/2024 at 10:45 AM, Smith said:

I'm kind of the opposite, but then again I don't have a whole lot of revolver attachment. I was torn between a western style SA revolver to go with my lever gun (.357) and a pragmatic revolver in .357 to pair with my lever gun. The modern feel of the K6S was a huge bonus for me, even though I like the looks of the western style. Particularly over the feel of the King Cobra.

If I got stuck with one rifle and long gun platform and ammo wasn't an issue, I would go with this setup. A .357 revolver and a 16" .357 lever. 

Been real happy with my Rossi 357 rifle. Bought it on impluse when Tad and I were in Knoxville some years ago to go to SMGW. Met a K-town member to look at some knives, and the next thing I know, I own a lever gun! LOL!

I have to admit that is a gorgeous pistol, but have several Smith 357s and would be hard to justify buying another. However...that 3" is awesome looking!

And I really do want to meet up with you sometime. It just always seems something happens to keep me away from you. Mabe I'm not supposed to...you probably would offer to sell me something I don't need!😉

Finally got to run some rounds through the K6S. It shoots as nice as it looks. The combat grips are a must, if you want to shoot it very much. Carries extremely well. Light, tight, and barely noticeable.  I got Garret Holsters to make their Silent Thunder STX 2.0 for it. This is my favorite OWB holster for semi autos.... and now revolvers. 

38's were very manageable. Won't say it was .22 light shooting but it wasn't 9mm shooting either. 357 is snappy but not too much to handle.

Very impressed with the trigger. DA was very nice and, SA was extremely nice. 

I did add xs sights and they worked as well as semi auto sights. Best revolver sights ever. 

It's a keeper. 

20240309_114907.thumb.jpg.6375889023ee97d36c23f3568c6f1895.jpg

20240309_114821.thumb.jpg.f0e10181475531bef0db9013f84e878a.jpg

• Like 3