Florida Cop-Shootout with Acorn

So what happened to the suspect after 2 cops emptied their mags into the vehicle they just placed him in? Has he lawyered up? Even though the deputy resigned there are still consequences to panic discharge......... 

Edited by ArmyBrat61

Looks like he was on the force since January 2022 and did not have any prior law enforcement experience and from what Chucktshoes posted, probably little to no experience under stress.

I've been saying for a while now that I worry more about an interaction with the police than I do with any criminal element.  At least with the a criminal, I know who they are and it is unlikely they'll be calling in backup.  Even though I may have to deal with a Soros placed DA, either way.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, DHF said:

Looks like he was on the force since January 2022 and did not have any prior law enforcement experience and from what Chucktshoes posted, probably little to no experience under stress.

I've been saying for a while now that I worry more about an interaction with the police than I do with any criminal element.  At least with the a criminal, I know who they are and it is unlikely they'll be calling in backup.  Even though I may have to deal with a Soros placed DA, either way.

He had combat experience but not LE experience. I'm a big supporter of LE, but we're seeing some of the big downside to loading the police force with former combat soldiers. When I went through the initial Metro interview (some 10 years ago), out of the 120 or so that were there, only a handful of us were not fresh off combat duty. It's a completely different mindset and approach to policing. I said it then and I'll say it now, it's a problem. police departments liked the easy training and apparent qualifications, but the approach is so different that militarizing a department will have problems. I cringe every time I hear the term civilian used by LE. It wont end well.

That being said, it is absolutely amazing that the perp wasn't hit or dead at the end of that debacle!😲

I've been seeing a pattern of militarization in the local SD. They show off IED resistant, ex-military trucks complete with cupolas and hardened glass and heavy weapon mounts. The way Sheriff Depts. are standing up to fed.gov,  I have no doubt the police officer/deputy will be replaced with Enforcers. The civilian title scares me as well because it puts us on a lower level than the police officers. As times worsen it is easier for the brown shirts to emerge, in lockstep with a new paradigm shift and a charismatic "leader".

Never Forget

• Like 1
  • Moderators

The very sad and real reality is we have a lot of time bombs walking around.  Add to that the many different groups winding their springs tighter and tighter leaves us to wonder just where or when it all just explodes.  

• Like 1

It has gotten really hard to not violate one of the major rules, "If you don't want bad stuff to happen, don't go where bad stuff happens." (cleaned up for the kids)   The potential for it to happen anywhere is higher than one would have ever bet on just a few years ago.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

Wanna know what makes the panic reaction even worse?

1Alu85b.jpeg
West Point to SF to Okaloosa Deputy doesn’t seem like an upward career trajectory to me. 

Here is the full report. 
https://www.sheriff-okaloosa.org/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/IA-2023-031-Final-Report-Jackson.pdf

So his contention is they don’t send officers into direct combat?  😄

we don’t know, it could have been a really really mean acorn.

Or this:

https://www.instructables.com/Compressed-Air-Acorn-Launcher/

1 hour ago, TripleGGG said:

Feb_15_2024_1_40_20.jpg

Reminds me of the bit Bobcat Goldthwait did on the Bob and Tom radio show some 15 years ago.  When describing Star Wars nerds he asked if they could pick a certain part of the female anatomy out of a police line up if it also contained a picture of a doughnut and a mop.

• Haha 2
22 hours ago, DHF said:

Reminds me of the bit Bobcat Goldthwait did on the Bob and Tom radio show some 15 years ago.  When describing Star Wars nerds he asked if they could pick a certain part of the female anatomy out of a police line up if it also contained a picture of a doughnut and a mop.

I remember that. Hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!