Looking for .22 pistol/revolver

Guest TargetShooter84

I looked @ Ruger and Smith and Browning before I bought my NEOS....overall "feel" was the deciding factor. And the NEOS is made in the USA....its a great shooting gun and doesnt jam with cheap ammo....shoots better than the Ruger that I qulaified with. Altleast take a look at them....they should be no more than $300-$320 OTD.

That WAS a nifty looking shootin iron...I meant to ask to fire a few before I left Sat, but forgot.

- OS

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TargetShooter84
If you have a glock, I'd get a .22 slide for it.

im confused....I have G19 and G26 9mm and your saying I can shoot .22s with that if I had a glock .22 mag/slide?

Guest TargetShooter84

for 265 dollars Glock conversion kit, I could get an walther P22 just for a little more and itd be an another addition to my gun and not worry about if I put in 9mm or .22 slider when I go out and forget which one....

for 265 dollars Glock conversion kit, I could get an walther P22 just for a little more and itd be an another addition to my gun and not worry about if I put in 9mm or .22 slider when I go out and forget which one....

I don't have one, I didn't know they were that expensive. But I doubt you'd mistake a .22 barrel for a 9mm barrel. Anyway, since that's out I like my buddies P22.

+1 for the P22.

My P22 has been perfection. Super fun gun to shoot. I got it used so it was already broken in. I only run decent ammo through it. Either CCI Mini mag or Stingers. Remmington Golden Bullets work flawlessly as well and are a little less than the CCI stuff. I have had some FTEs with the cheap stuff. If you get one don't bother with the cheap ammo, the better stuff is still relatively inexpensive.

Guest TargetShooter84

Thanks for the suggestions.

I'll be avoiding the Glock conversion.

I'll start shopping around for best prices for Walther P22.

Guest TargetShooter84

Yeah I'll need all the luck I can get since I'm not too fond of couple gun shops around here due to their attitudes....may have to resort to local pawn shops that have good gun reputations or big sporting retailers

Guest 270win

You will really enjoy a Browning Buck Mark 22LR. They come from the lower end Camper to the whatever you want to spend models. I have a base camper with a 5 and a half inch bull barrel and matte blue finish that i bought last year from bass pro in Memphis when they were running a special on them for $250.00. I couldn't be happier with a fun 22 for informal target shooting and also carrying in an uncle mike's sidekick holster for squirrel hunting. The Buck Mark has a great trigger and is easy to take apart. I have had both Ruger Mark I and a Mark II and think the Buck Mark is much easier to disassemble. I shoot my Buck Mark often better than my Glock on the range! Nice crisp single action trigger does wonders paired with the bull barrel.

You said you don't mind a revolver. I have a 6" Ruger single-six, new model. I have put over 4,000 rounds through it and it is great. One nice thing is you get a 22 mag cylinder and can shoot both 22 LR and 22 wmrf with it. Mine is much more accurate than i am.

Guest TargetShooter84
You said you don't mind a revolver. I have a 6" Ruger single-six, new model. I have put over 4,000 rounds through it and it is great. One nice thing is you get a 22 mag cylinder and can shoot both 22 LR and 22 wmrf with it. Mine is much more accurate than i am.

Was wondering when somebody would chime in about a revolver, haha.

I'll look into that model since I don't know much about that model....

I'll look into that model since I don't know much about that model....

They aren't tacticool enough for most shooters these days....people don't know what they are missing. It is hard to beat a good .22 revolver.

00001-1.jpg

They aren't tacticool enough for most shooters these days....people don't know what they are missing. It is hard to beat a good .22 revolver.

00001-1.jpg

I really need one of those to shoot all the stuff my wife's mosquito is too picky for and I have a little stash of 22 shorts I need to get rid of.

I noticed a hand full of you mentioned that your .22's jammed up in the first 50 to 100 rounds. Don't let that discourage you on that pistol. Most .22 auto loaders are like that for the first bunch of rounds ( I know what's not a technical term. ;)) I like to put a bulk pack or brick through a .22 before complaining about jams. Also with bricks/bulk packs you are going to get a bad .22 occasionally. If you are shooting CCI stingers, etc.. that's a different story.

I have a Beretta neos stainless with a 6 inch barrel and I love it. You cant go wrong with the single six I Like Pie showed above. I have shot his single six before and if I had it to do over again i might buy it over my neos.

The Ruger mkII's are great if you can find one at a gun show or used. The MkIII is good but has some added goverment required safet stuff bla bla bla. The Ruger 22/45 is also good along with the buckmarks.

I bought a Walter P22 some time ago. Even after 500 rounds it was still very ammo picky. I couldn't use the standard velocity stuff in it. As I shoot in my garage into a bullet trap, that doesn't get it (wear on trap). Traded it off for a Ruger MK II and haven't regretted it. MK II feeds Federal and Winchester bulk pack (Wally World) with monotonous regularity. The Ruger is rugged and hard to beat for a .22 LR "fun gun". I haven't had any problems with assembly/disassembly, but I was trained as an armorer in the service so I expect to be careful when doing this.

I have wanted a .22 revolver to replace the S&W Model 63 I foolishly sold years ago. I paid to much for a 6" model 617 to replace it. Later in the same week found a like new Browning Buckmark for $270. I enjoy the Browning twice as much for about half the price. Great gun, get you one!

• 2 months later...

The Sig Mosquitoe has been real good to me and my 7 year old. We go to the TWRA range on Hobson Pike and he prefers to shoot it over my buddies P22. Took a couple hundred rounds to break in, but now it runs. It also "feels' more like a "gun".

It’s above what you said your price range was, but S&W K frames are the King of the .22 revolvers. Same size and weight as the big boys.

S&W Model 617 in .22 along side SW1911/.45ACP, 686/.357MAG, 66/.357MAG, 36/.38 SPECIAL.

SW617004web.jpg

SW617006web.jpg