Just Had To Brag on My Son...

I just had to share the events of today. I dragged my son out to Gallatin Gun Club. They had a family shoot. He didn't want to go because he was scared to compete with other kids, for fear that he would shoot poorly. Well, after the rounds were shot and the smoke cleared, he was the winner of the sub-junior class for rifle. He scored 90 out of 100.

GGCWinner001.jpg

GGCWinner002.jpg

In addition, they held a raffle for five Red Ryder BB guns. He won again! My little guy was ALL SMILES on the ride home. Well, needless to say, I was very proud of him. All my firearms training (and yelling) with him finally paid off.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SUNTZU

I see we have a new rifleman in the making. Welcome to the gun culture, ukerduker jr. Good luck with all the future firearms purchases, UD, he'll never let up on you now!

I just told him to do his best. I didnt care if he won or lost. In all honesty, he is a great shot, when he wants to be. Next time I hope to get him shooting a shotgun and pistol. He is still too scared to try them.

Guest Astra900
I just told him to do his best. I didnt care if he won or lost. In all honesty, he is a great shot, when he wants to be. Next time I hope to get him shooting a shotgun and pistol. He is still too scared to try them.

!!!Discalimer!!! I'd never tell you how to raise your kid, but let me tell you about myself.

My dad was a dick and forced a shotgun on me for the hunters safety course. I was a little kid, I would have made your kid look like a big one when I was his age! I wanted to use my .410 but no, I got the 12. I didn't touch a shotgun of any kind for about 6 years after that.

Take it for what it's worth.

BTW Your kid did awesome, you have a right to be proud.:)

Guest Halfpint

Congrats Uker and UkerJunior! :hat:

My dad got me started shooting around that age, but I didn't visit enough to be there for any competitions. Tell the little dude good job from somebody who still feels like a kid sometimes!