Applebees may not be HCP friendly

Guest dizzielizzie

Guest bkelm18
The OP may have just been going by what our Admin suggested in another thread..

Doesn't mean it was sound advice. By bringing it to their attention it is entirely possible the may consider posting if they hadn't before. I can see that scenario much more than I can see the opposite.

Edited by bkelm18
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't mean it was sound advice. By bringing it to their attention it is entirely possible the may consider posting if they hadn't before. I can see that scenario much more than I can see the opposite.

:D

Oops misread one so I deleted it

Im not so sure I believe her. Whats funny is they didnt in other states so why Tn?
Probably a different Franchisee that can set their own policies like this.
+1 on keeping our collective mouths shut. :D
This sounds like a good plan up until July 14th. Edited by Volzfan

Applebees here in Athens had a big write up in the paper the day after the veto override. The manager said he is going to get corp. to let him post.:D

I'll have to go by there next time I'm going out and drop off the receipt.;)

Didn't say it was sound or un-sound. Just pointing out a possible reason why someone may ask a manager about their intentions.

I think one difference between this and other places with no or improper signs, is this has been all over the news.

I dare say 85%+ of the restaurants in TN know about this law and have thought about what they are going to do.

But I admit, there is nothing wrong with waiting and seeing what they do come July 14

Guest HexHead
Got a suggestion. Quit asking the restaurants about this. Leave it alone. It get's them thinking. Kinda like pointing out non complying signage.

Sure, if you see proper posting, bring it to the attention of the operator that you will not patrionize the establishment and will encourage your friends to go elsewhere. JMHO.

I agree.

Guest HexHead
My bet the manager was making this up... I've been to Applebee''s in 3 or 4 different states that allow CCW/HCP holder to carry and not a single one has been posted.

Stranger things could happen, but I seriously doubt you'll see any major chain ban carry.

Yep, I've carried when eating at an Applebee's in St Louis when visiting my daughter, and never seen a sign there.

The Applebee's around here are closed, so it's a non-issue, anyway.

Not all of them are closed yet. I did notice the Rivergate location was closed and the Hickory Harlem location has been closed for about a year now.

Harding Place is open and I believe the Thompson Lane location is open.

Guest HexHead
Not all of them are closed yet. I did notice the Rivergate location was closed and the Hickory Harlem location has been closed for about a year now.

Harding Place is open and I believe the Thompson Lane location is open.

Bellevue is open.

+2.... why cant we just wait and see what happens.

Someone should have said to the manager..."Well I'll enjoy this lunch as much as I can, becasue it will be my last trip here"....

Im not so sure I believe her. Whats funny is they didnt in other states so why Tn?

She was probably talking out of her a$$.

Guest mustangdave

LMAO...I see a lot of home cooked meals in HCP holders future...I can see a lot of franchise type places posting NO GUNS ALLOWED...but like has been said...just don't flaunt and gloat about the fact that you can carry...That will have the reverse effect. Remember they have a "right" to deny you service as much as you have a "right" to carry.

Edited by mustangdave
I have to agree. I think their food taste like microwaved food. :confused:

I thought that it was just me. My wife and I have never liked their food, but occasionally eat there as a last resort.

Edited by mac12
Guest 270win

I would not go around asking restaurants for permission or if they are going to put up signs prohibiting handguns. Most people will forget about all the news and keep on going business as usual. I've never seen a legal sign in Arkansas that says "carrying of a handgun is prohibited" at a restaurant or anywhere for that matter. If you ask...they may put up some sort of sign. If you tell them their sign is not compliant....they'll figure out how to put up a compliant one.

Guest HexHead

I just sent an email to a buddy of mine that has a sign shop to see if he's getting many orders and if they're the legal signs? He's an HCP holder.

I just sent an email to a buddy of mine that has a sign shop to see if he's getting many orders and if they're the legal signs? He's an HCP holder.

As an HCP holder he should refuse to make any legal signs for anyone!

Let's see if he sells out his beliefs for the almighty $$$. :confused:

Guest HexHead

Well, if you do go to Applebee's ....

Applebee's®.

The bad news: You order the "Grilled Steak Caesar Salad with toast," thinking you're eating light...after all, it's a salad, right? But guess what? If you eat the whole thing, you'll have wolfed down 1,296 calories, 83 grams of fat (16½ pats of butter), and 2,200 mgs of sodium. Uh oh.

Guest HexHead

And if we all end up at Ruby Tuesdays, don't get these...

Ruby Tuesdays®.

The bad news: You just ordered "Ruby Minis," thinking, What harm could 2 miniburgers with fries possibly do? The answer: an injurious 1,122 calories and about 14 pats is what.

LOLOLOL:tinfoil:

Guest mustangdave
Well, if you do go to Applebee's ....

Applebee's®.

The bad news: You order the "Grilled Steak Caesar Salad with toast," thinking you're eating light...after all, it's a salad, right? But guess what? If you eat the whole thing, you'll have wolfed down 1,296 calories, 83 grams of fat (16½ pats of butter), and 2,200 mgs of sodium. Uh oh.

:D...just means you have to update that gym membership....:shake:

Guest mustangdave
And if we all end up at Ruby Tuesdays, don't get these...

Ruby Tuesdays®.

The bad news: You just ordered "Ruby Minis," thinking, What harm could 2 miniburgers with fries possibly do? The answer: an injurious 1,122 calories and about 14 pats is what.

LOLOLOL:tinfoil:

Ruby Tuesday's is the ONE place I will not go...FOOD POISONING...not ONCE but twice. I know...I know...didn't learn my lesson the first time:tinfoil: