Tiny 9mm pistols

BryanP

I realize the thread is a bit old, but just wanted to add my two cents. I own some Taurus, kel-Tec, and Glock weapons. My primary carry weapon is my Kel-Tec P-11. I agree with Oldogy, the KT is a good product for a good price. I've tried everything, and let others try their tricks, to try to make the kel-Tec P-11 jam, even limp wristing and shooting it upside down. No jams, so far. Yes, the trigger is a DAO, with a stout pull, but that is the safety feature, as far as I'm concerned. My Glock 26 is not a comfortable concealed carry weapon. Maybe i haven't found the right IWB holster yet. I have no doubts about the performance and reliability of my P-11.

Why do they call it common sense, when it's so uncommon? TN Sen. Fred Thompson

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize the thread is a bit old, but just wanted to add my two cents. I own some Taurus, kel-Tec, and Glock weapons. My primary carry weapon is my Kel-Tec P-11. I agree with Oldogy, the KT is a good product for a good price. I've tried everything, and let others try their tricks, to try to make the kel-Tec P-11 jam, even limp wristing and shooting it upside down. No jams, so far. Yes, the trigger is a DAO, with a stout pull, but that is the safety feature, as far as I'm concerned. My Glock 26 is not a comfortable concealed carry weapon. Maybe i haven't found the right IWB holster yet. I have no doubts about the performance and reliability of my P-11.

Why do they call it common sense, when it's so uncommon? TN Sen. Fred Thompson

Yep....you killin' all the old threads!!:wave:

On a seperate note, you need to look into a Crossbreed or CompTac IWB holsters. They seem to be by far the favorite for IWB and Glocks. I carry my G26 and G19 in the same IWB that is in my avatar which is a CompTac.

Yep....you killin' all the old threads!!:)

On a seperate note, you need to look into a Crossbreed or CompTac IWB holsters. They seem to be by far the favorite for IWB and Glocks. I carry my G26 and G19 in the same IWB that is in my avatar which is a CompTac.

My Glock 26 is not a comfortable concealed carry weapon. Maybe i haven't found the right IWB holster yet. I have no doubts about the performance and reliability of my P-11.

KWE:____

Take a look at these guys: Andrews Custom Leather

Check out the McDaniel II. I just got one; but havent broken it in yet. Dont plan to use it until cold weather when i usually wear a coat.

If you are like me (a bit rotund -- hehe); Allen Miller, Greenville, TN, (would have given the website; but couldnt pull it up -- just google allen miller, greenville--) makes a left or right handed kydex inside the pocket that works like a charm for either front pocket or hip pocket carry -- costs a whopping $30.00. The holster is curved to fit the leg (or hip) and stays where you put it. I carry a Glock 33; its the same as a 26; only difference is caliber.

Check these guys out; they are both great to deal with.

Kind regards,

LEROY

I have the Keltec PF9. So far it has been reliable. I did a fluff and buff on it that made it more enjoyable to shoot. The cheap price does not give you the fine finish that only hand fitment can provide. I bought KT because of its size, weight, and ease of concealment.

I could not go with your logic that you keep sending it back to Keltec 'till they get it right. If you don't have the gun it is not doing you any good. For the price, KelTec is hard to beat.

oldogy

What exactly did you do? Was it difficult to do?

I have had PM9, MK9, LCP, P3AT and Sig P238. All are fine guns but I now have the PF9 from Kel-Tec and must say I really like it. It is accurate, has a good trigger pull, is easily concealed, shoots 9mm ammo and is half the price of the PM9. It bites when you shoot it like a PM9 so it is not a shoot all day at the range gun. I have yet to have a problem with mine. The Sig 239 is not in the same class, it is larger but is fun to shoot and very accurate. It all depends on your needs. I got sick of looking for .380 ammo.

Guest TurboniumOxide

I have a Kahr PM9 and I have a KelTec PF9. The KelTec is for sale, and the PM9 is in my right front pocket at all times. I found a PM45 I want BAD, but my gun piggy bank is empty. The build quality on the Kahr is first rate.

My KelTec runs fine, nothing wrong with it except that I bought the PM9 first. It is a current run with all the fixes and about 200 rounds through it of mixed defense and FMJ. It is a parked slide OD Green which I actually like a lot. Anyone want to buy and help me towards my PM45 purchase? I will make you a deal. I am going to post it in the classifieds as soon as I get some pics. It comes with 2 mags both KelTec.

KWE:____

Take a look at these guys: Andrews Custom Leather

Check out the McDaniel II. I just got one; but havent broken it in yet. Dont plan to use it until cold weather when i usually wear a coat.

If you are like me (a bit rotund -- hehe); Allen Miller, Greenville, TN, (would have given the website; but couldnt pull it up -- just google allen miller, greenville--) makes a left or right handed kydex inside the pocket that works like a charm for either front pocket or hip pocket carry -- costs a whopping $30.00. The holster is curved to fit the leg (or hip) and stays where you put it. I carry a Glock 33; its the same as a 26; only difference is caliber.

Check these guys out; they are both great to deal with.

Kind regards,

LEROY

I think it is aholster.com. I have a few of their pocket holsters and love them.

Guest The Highlander

The SIG is a great weapon, but isn't pocket carry size at least for me. My P239 was amazingly accurate, although the high boreline does lend itself to muzzle flip.

The Taurus and Kel-tec aren't quite up to my standards quality wise, although I frequently carry a P32 as a backup.

I owned a Kahr years ago, and was quite happy with it. It was the all steel version and quite heavy for its size. Very good engineering, good gun, just not interesting to me for some reason.

The Rohrbaugh R9 or R9s have amassed a really good reputation, and a cultlike following similar to Seecamp. Definitely on my list.

The PPS is a neat concept. I haven't handled one, but they seem to have a very high boreline, which is a pet peeve of mine after shooting 1911's, Glocks, and now a Ruger SR9. Other than that feature, I really like the clean sides, and thin shape. I'd love to shoot one.

All said, I'd go for a SR9 or Glock full-size, and leave the pocket pistol for a backup! In that case, the R9s would be my choice.

The Highlander

Walther PPS out of the ones listed.

but...

+3 for the Glock 26...

I like the PPS for "sunday go to meeting" carry in khakis and dress pants --- thin and a bit lighter. The only down side is the price -- i think they are expensive for what they are -- simply put, a plastic pistol. If you can live with the thickness, any of the baby Glocks are great.

After all the studying and opinion gathering; the best solution is most likely exactly what HEX said:

Just get a Glock 26 and be done with it. :cool:

Probably the best advice based on cost, size, capacity, and firepower.

Kind regards,

LEROY