Tempur-Pedic Mattress ??

DaveTN

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have one of the Bed Store's knock off models and I love it. It is really stiff at first an dtakes some getting used to. You'll lay down on it and sink in slowly for a few seconds, then find it difficult to roll over because you are in a you shaped mold with stiff sides. Feels great though.

After a while the stiffness wears off. They say there are little micro bubbles that need popping for the stiffness to go away. We let the grandkids jump on it for a while. Of course there are other activities that break it in :dirty:

Anyway, I love ours and would never go back to anything else.

Guest beefcakeb0

sleep# all the way

adjustable is better and you can get a layer of the memory if you want, I sleep like a baby on soft......and a month later I/we change it. plus side is you pick a # and she/he whichever your partner is can have his or hers

• Administrator

Sleep Number is grossly overrated and Consumer Reports and other reporting sites list common problems with the pump motors and mold building up inside the air coils.

We were ready to go for a Tempur mattress but stopped and looked at several of the big name competitors who also do memory foam. Ended up saving about $2,000 by going with a "Vera Wang" memory foam model from Serta. As someone else said, it takes about a week or two to break it in, but once you do it is incredibly comfortable.

I won't go back to a standard coil mattress after this.

Guest beefcakeb0

i will have to admit the pump and controls are a little malfunction prone. but with a 20 yr warranty they replaced them for free.

my gf sells SERTA, including vera wang, and we still went with sleep# ....

i wouldn't want to sleep on anything with the word 'wang' in or on it.:dirty:

i would go and try different one b4 i pick tho if i were you, but sams club has SERTA, for the lowest price.

Guest logicprevails

I'd really love to get a memory foam mattress. My wife, however, is concerned that the 'mobility' would be diminished, if you know what I mean. Any feedback on the 'sexability' (G-rated, of course) of the foam mattresses (my wife wanted me to ask).

Guest beefcakeb0
I'd really love to get a memory foam mattress. My wife, however, is concerned that the 'mobility' would be diminished, if you know what I mean. Any feedback on the 'sexability' (G-rated, of course) of the foam mattresses (my wife wanted me to ask).

sleep# :D sleep soft / **** hard

or change it during.... on back, remote in hand!!! :dirty:

been thinking about a foam mattress as well. i just bout a pillow top coil mattress, dont remember the brand, and its already giving me problems. had it for maybe 6 months? now my lower back hurts all the time.

i have broken my pelvis in a couple places and had shoulder surgery so it makes sleping interesting as it is. maybe the foam will help?

I've got the Tempur-Pedic mattress.

I'm a fat old fart and untilI got it I had to sit on the edge of the bed in the morning and wait until I got feeling back in my feet or I'd fall flat on my butt. If someone was to break in I'd have to ask them to wait a minute while I got "mobile" again. But with the TP I'm up and raring to go, feel well rested, sleep better. And don't worry about the other, they are not that soft, trust me they hold up real well:D.

• Administrator

No complaints.

• Administrator
i will have to admit the pump and controls are a little malfunction prone. but with a 20 yr warranty they replaced them for free.

The warranty operates on a sliding scale. They cover 100% of the pump cost for the first three years. After that, you get a percentage based on what year # it is. Eventually you end up just having to replace them out of pocket, long before the mattress itself is out of warranty.

I see the pumps going for $300-400 on eBay all the time. That's "new mattress territory" for some folks.

Guest mustangdave

We have a Tempur-Pedic Classic...going on 2 years now. Have to say it was the BEST bedding investment EVER...I can get a full nights SLEEP

We have a queen size memory foam knock off in the house. I like it just ok. Wife loves it. We have a queen sleep number in the motorhome which I preferr. Wife does not care for it. IMO, the king size sleep number would the the way to go.

oldogy

Guest HexHead

We've had a "Sleep Number" bed since before they were called that. ;) Had ours 10-12 years now and no complaints with it. A couple of years ago while out of town we spent about a week sleeping on a Tempurpedic and I really liked it. When my daughter FINALLY moves out and we get our guest room back, I may want to move the Select Comfort bed into there and get a Tempurpedic. Yeah, it does sleep "warm", but then again so did our old waterbed. ;)

Love my temper-pedic. Have had it for around 2 years and it was worth every penny. I don't recall it having a break in period. I was worried about it sleeping hot also because I had heard that complaint. So far it doesn't seem to sleep any hotter than a standard mattress. The wife loves it also, I think it is better than a standard mattress for night time (or morning or afternoon) activities.

Guest Crunchman

We bought the top of the line Tempur-Pedic bed a few months ago. The head and foot will raise or lower. I have degenerative discs in my lower back and circulation problems in my legs. My wife broke her right shoulder in 3 places about 3 years ago. We went through 3 different types of mattresses before finally trying the Tempur-Pedic. We spent almost as much on it as I did my used pick-up, but a good nights sleep is worth every penney!

I've got a knock-off memory foam mattress from Healthy Foundations, and frankly, I like it a lot better than the Tempur-Pedics I've tried. It didn't stink coming out of the box, there was no break-in period, it doesn't get hard as a rock when the room is cold, and it cost about 1/3 as much. Oh, and it instantly cured the insomnia with which I had struggled since I was a teenager. Just my ;)...