What's In A Name?

Loon160T

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mosinon

look at my name and you'll think mosin rifle. But that is a mistake. When I decided I wanted to get a gun I just planned to look around. But some websites, this one for example, required registration to view ads.

I was interested in the for sale stuff. IF you get a used gun for a decent price you can unload the thing for a decent price.

So I decided to sign up with a name that reflected my intentions. In this case moseying on. Like I've looked at your forum and decided to mosey on to somewhere else.

Only I like this place so I'm staying until I get banned, probably tomorrow, but now you know the genesis of my handle: mosinon.

I started with nsnate02 which is the first email add I had back in the day. n-first name initial, s-last name initial, nate - shortened first name (Nathan), 02 - becasue someone already had nsnate on AOL at the time. It just stuck and I started using it for all my email stuff to make it simple. I changed to Smith (last name) becasue it sounded weird to introduce myself as "nsnate02 on TGO" when I met other folks in real life. Made me feel like a cyber geek.:tough: Ironically Smith can also be interpreted as several other things and when I want my tin hat on it is less uniquely identifiably to me.:popcorn:

Guest Alpha Dog

We have small dogs and one male, who is the father of the other male we have, is my dog and he is the Alpha male of the household, so my ID is for him...his name is Booger (his call name, not his registered name).

n.
  1. Slang. A person of impressive skill and daring, especially one who is highly successful and self-assured.
  2. A nonstop freight train.

hotshot hot'shot' adj. someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field (i am a independent contractor and have many skills mainly in home restorations and remodels ranging form floors to ceilings and all the stuff in-between, i don't do electrical or pluming but will do fixtures , sinks ect.)

been called that for many years by other people.... so it stuck as a nickname.

Do you lay hardwood?

Guest coldblackwind

Its a line out of a song, I thought it sounded cool, so I used it as a screen name. Plus, my email is ltlgreenarmyguy, and I usually use it for forums, I came up with it in highschool because everything else was taken that I tried, and I happened to be looking at the ad for a video game (army men) about the little plastic army guys so I put that in, and it worked. However, I haven't been in the army, so I didn't want to confuse everyone and look like I was claiming to be something I wasn't, thus different screen name.

I am an auto mechanic and my first day at my current job I was given a Monte Carlo, front wheel drive, to work on. They said it had a burnt valve and wanted me to take the heads off. Since I didn't work on it I diagnosed it myself and decided the injectors were stopped up, so i took the injectors out clean them out and it fixed it. The guy that originally diagnosed it, he thinks he can fix anything and is always right, got mad and started calling me Superman. He's been calling me Superman, for about 5 years.

I was registering on a performance truck forum and trying to come up with a name. The idea I had at the time was building a truck that was all blacked out and very fast. Nightrunner was the best name I could come up with. Then about 1 year later, Dodge comes out with special edition Rams and Dakotas named Nightrunner. I should be getting paid loyalties :D I just used that screenname ever since.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

When I first move down here, some good ole boy called me a "stump-breaker" when the subject turned to goats one day. Took me a week to find out what it meant.

My first forum was on electrical and electrical contracting. The great people there helped me totally rewire a foreclosed house that I bought from weatherhead to plugs in the wall. The city inspector passed my work on the first go around.

Also ... here I am.