Back from GLOCK...

THE COOP

Well I returned last night after a long day of Glock armorer training and driving back to middle TN from Smyrna Georgia and thought I'd share a few details from the class, I had an Excellent trainer (Joel Hodges), very knowledgeable and thorough, I passed the class and now I'm a certified Glock armorer. Some interesting info I heard in the class I thought I'd share with the rest of TGO.

We all knew the the Gen 4's were coming out and I got to handle a brand new G22, I like the 3 different adjustable back straps and the medium fit my hand perfect, the new RTF isn't as aggressive as the ones that came out last year, and the 22 has a dual rate recoil spring that is said to reduse recoil to the feel of a 9MM, and it no longer needs to be changed out at the 3000 - 5000 round count, now it's 10,000 rounds. I really liked the new G22 and it's the next gun on my wish list.

A couple rumors I heard while I was there.

During the SHOT show, Glock will introduce their AR-15 style rifle in .223-556 caliber

Glock has all the equipment in place to manufacture all gun parts in Smyrna Georgia, no parts from Austria

A .380 pocket size polymer gun is in the near future, LCP-P3AT size.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just the other day I thought, I wonder if Glock will ever get into the rifle market.

The question is if they will take the same approach as the pistols that made them so successful.

That is to take a very simple product and undercut everyone else so drastically in price that you would be crazy not to buy from them....add this to the best customer service and support and the industry and you have the market cornered. This is why most police outfits in the US carry glock....not because of tenifer, benifer, or whatever the kool ade fans love about their guns.

If the AR rumor is true...that means they have done their homework and will flip the market on its ear again. I personally can see where they have the capacity and opportunity to pull it off.

Oh yeah....congrats on the armorer's course. Some good folks down there in Smyrna

Guest mikedwood
:eek: A Glock what???

:stunned: Glock AR style rifle??

:panic: THE END IS HERE!!!! THE END IS HEEEEEEEERE!!!!!! :panic:

That's gotta be the coolest thing I've heard for 2010. Who'da thunk?? :screwy:

I think, I know I love my Glock :koolaid: can't wait for the AR and a :usa: made Glock :koolaid:! Awesome

Guest HexHead

A couple rumors I heard while I was there.

You would think if this class was held at Glock's US headquarters, they would just say what's coming out, not "rumors"?

Did the man from Glock go "wink wink" when he mentioned the "rumors"? Or was it just guys speculating? :koolaid:

I'll tell you somethin about glock.....I have several handguns with USP tactical and brow ing HP on the top if the list of the "nicer" ones. I got a really good deal and purchased a brand new rtf2 glock 17 with three mags because my wife is a county employee so she got LEO deal. I thought what the heck will give it a shot. Now to make a long story short this gun out performs any of the "higher" end auto's I have. I recommend glock to everyone. Freaking awesome gun.

You would think if this class was held at Glock's US headquarters, they would just say what's coming out, not "rumors"?

Did the man from Glock go "wink wink" when he mentioned the "rumors"? Or was it just guys speculating? :P

So this Glock let's just say person would look around making sure there wasnt any of his bosses around and then say he knew nothing about any new guns being released at the SHOT show, while he was holding his hands in the air is if there was a rifle was in them, then wink, wink and it wouldnt be an AR platform wink, wink and not in .223-556 calliber, wink,wink. He did this atleast 5-6 times during the class? Aparently the class room was next to their indoor range and all day we hear a lot of BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, very quick and in a high caliber. I guess we'll know in 11 days!!! COOP

Guest 10mm4me

I heard this too from a guy who works @ Guns and Leather in Greenbrier.He apparently emphasized the validity of his sources.He has never given me false info B4

The market is going to be flooded with Piston Driven Evil Black Rifles this year. Smith, Sabre, Sig...the list goes on. It'll be interesting to see if Glock has anything come out in terms of rifles. But then again I hear the Glock carbine rumor EVERY year around this time. In my mind...I just don't see Glock making an AR. I could however, see them making something in a pistol caliber that takes existing Glock mags...something along the lines of the CX4. But who knows.