What is your favorite War movie

Guest jsjracing

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My only problem with Gettysburg was that of all the Confederate reenactors they used in the movie, they seem to put the fat ones in front. When the Army of Northern Virginia went to Gettysburg, they were thin and hungry. Look at some of the photographs taken of Confederate POWs after the battle. They looked like scarecrows. Otherwise it was a good movie.....I just wish we'd won.

Guest BEARMAN

Braveheart.........."Erin go Bragh".........and, yes I know it was about Scotland.......but, the Irish fought and died side by side with the Scots too!

And besides.....I have Scots-Irish ancestry.... :)

Braveheart.........."Erin go Bragh".........and, yes I know it was about Scotland.......but, the Irish fought and died side by side with the Scots too!

And besides.....I have Scots-Irish ancestry.... :rolleyes:

If you like Braveheart, you should check out Rob Roy. Came out around the same time as Braveheart. Similar theme: Scots vs. Brits. Tim Roth is a great villian. The sword fight at the end is fantastic.

Looks like all the good one have been taken so I'll add a few to the mix...of the top of my head....

Das Boot

Enemy At The Gates

The Great Escape

Kelly's Heroes

Where Eagles Dare

The Guns of Navarone

A Bridge Too Far

Inglorious Basterds

The Patriot

etc, etc, etc...:D

Guest Muttling

Lots of great ones mentioned. My favorites...

Patton,

Letters from Iwo Jima, and

Flags of Our Fathers

While Patton didn't stay as true to history as the later two, Biograpy interviewed one of his WWII aids who commented that the movie wasn't all that accurate but did a really good job of capturing his personality.

Oh yeah.....All the ones based on Tom Clancy's stuff.

Guest Bronker
Flags of Our Fathers...

Great movie. One of my patients was one of the historical / technical consultants on that movie. He personally met with Eastwood a few times, and spoke highly of him.

R.I.P. Mr. Bob :)

I also had the pleasure of meeting Michael Durant at a steakhouse in Clarksville, TN about a year after the "Blackhawk Down" incident occurred. Quite the humble gentleman.

Edited by Bronker