Who did Toyota p1zz off?

gregintenn

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of makes you wonder if it isnt an attack to try to push american automobile sales....which wouldnt be so bad except most toyotas are made in the US with US parts and go figure the company that makes the ****ty gas pedals is a US company...and guess what else...the japanese toyotas dont use the american supplier and they are not having the same issue.

You know, I was going to make a wiseazz comment when this all started, about them never having any problems when they were made in Japan. However i held my tongue, or typing finger. Thanks for taking up the slack for me Magic!:tinfoil:

Guest GunTroll

I've noticed a problem with my 98 Tacoma............it wants me to go directly to gun shops as fast as I can with minimal stopping or decelerating. I can't explain it really.

I've noticed a problem with my 98 Tacoma............it wants me to go directly to gun shops as fast as I can with minimal stopping or decelerating. I can't explain it really.

Damn!....and I thought it was only my Dodge Ram that had that problem!!!

But, I'm not going to report my "issue"! :tinfoil:

What do you think happens when the Govmunt has a huge share in a company? They will use whatever means necessary to increase the business. Even if that means belittling a "foreign" company that gives jobs to thousands of Americans. Same thing is going on with the banks that were bailed out. It was never about letting companies that were "too big to fail" be bailed out. It has always been about control.

Kind of makes you wonder if it isnt an attack to try to push american automobile sales....which wouldnt be so bad except most toyotas are made in the US with US parts and go figure the company that makes the ****ty gas pedals is a US company...and guess what else...the japanese toyotas dont use the american supplier and they are not having the same issue.

Yes it do!;)

A friend of mine had a '96 Tacoma, I think it was. He mentioned the accelerator sticking once or twice.

I do think that Toyota has become a target. I heard today about the UAW protesting outside the Japanese embassy, and that the government will be looking into the accelerator issue further.

Funny, I don't recall the government digging in when Ford was dealing with rollover issues on the Explorer. Where was the government for the what, 12 years it took for Ford to issue a recall on the 7.3 PowerStroke cam sensor? I know several guys who actually kept a spare CPS and a 10mm wrench in the glovebox of their truck, but Ford denied any issues. I believe they recalled the trucks around '06, about three years after they stopped offering the 7.3! Or the brake switch recall, also on the 7.3 trucks? I believe they had a cruise control problem on some models of SUV that caused them to catch on fire.

I don't recall the UAW protesting when that stuff happened, either...

*Sidenote* I'm not just picking on Ford for their recalls, but I've been working around the 7.3 diesel since '96, not really familiar enough with other manufacturers to point out their issues.

What do you think happens when the Govmunt has a huge share in a company? They will use whatever means necessary to increase the business. Even if that means belittling a "foreign" company that gives jobs to thousands of Americans. Same thing is going on with the banks that were bailed out. It was never about letting companies that were "too big to fail" be bailed out. It has always been about control.

Right. Because the government went back and made this problem that affects multiple years worth of Toyota models, going back to several years before any "government motors" deal. ;)

Toyota grew faster than their QC could keep up. It's happened to American companies and it can happen to anyone else too.

Me, I'd be on the lookout for a bargain from idiots who think they should sell their "defective" Toyota. Buy it cheap, get the recall item fixed and enjoy a good car.

Right. Because the government went back and made this problem that affects multiple years worth of Toyota models, going back to several years before any "government motors" deal. ;)

I think the thought is that maybe the whole thing is being overblown in order to hurt Toyota's reputation, which wold likely help Government Motors.

Guest 1817ak47
I'm sure there is political motivations.
much agreed, not saying therer haven't been a few issues, butthey are making this much worse than it really is, I have driven other non toyota cars and had this similiar thing happen, i didn't wreck, i used the brake pedal:rolleyes: now why don't others think of something half a$$ed as intelligent as that.

now I think this is being greatly exaggeratted as they is great market share to be gained an lost in the automotive market share. I wouldn't be afraid to drive any of those cars. nowthe hybrids maybe as it is fully electronically contolled

Guest 1817ak47

Funny, I don't recall the government digging in when Ford was dealing with rollover issues on the Explorer. Where was the government for the what, 12 years it took for Ford to issue a recall on the 7.3 PowerStroke cam sensor? I know several guys who actually kept a spare CPS and a 10mm wrench in the glovebox of their truck, but Ford denied any issues. I believe they recalled the trucks around '06, about three years after they stopped offering the 7.3! Or the brake switch recall, also on the 7.3 trucks? I believe they had a cruise control problem on some models of SUV that caused them to catch on fire.

you are correct on this, except this is just one of many issues that I have heard about that nothing ever seems to get done about of the government getting involved. the us companys have gotten away with alot of crap over the years somehow