When you have no ammo

How would you feel if you went to your ammo locker (or where ever you stored your ammo) and it had less than one box in it?

For whatever reason your ammo is gone.

You shot it all up, it was borrowed, it was stolen or none of your backorders have came in yet......... ect

What would be your first action of recourse?

Buy the small cheap stuff first?

Call a buddy and beg?

Sell some of the wifes shoes to go get whatever the local Walmart had?

ect.............

Or would you just never get in a situation like this?;)

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin Team

Proceed directly to overflow locker and breathe a sigh of relief that there are a few assorted boxes of most calibers in there. Might be old, might be some partial boxes, who knows. Kind of like a dump bag - there's no tellng what you'll find if you dig deep enough.

Worst case means breaking into one of the "how did I ever purchase this many" bricks of 22lr.

Never get there!!! I keep 1k, for the "Romy", 1k of 9mm, 500 45s, 2k 22s, 500 shotshells, and 250 38s. That is my main stash. Also have 2 smaller stashes ( half that amount) that I have placed where I can get to it, ( not in the house ). I rotate stock, and Never shoot any of the stash !!! I keep at least 500 of each cal. for shooting and replace when shot. Having my own little range I get to shoot a lot, at least 500rd. of 22s, 100rds of 9mm, 100rds of 45, 100rds of 7.63x39, and 50rds of 38s a month. I tend to get "puckered-up" when my practice stash gets below 300. Guess thats part of getting old.;)

AE35 You are the man!

Someday Ill get there.

Nah.... thanks for the posies,;) but just an old man.:dropjaw: First couple years after transplant, I told people I was a "HotRod", you know like an ol' car with a new motor!!

Edited by Ae-35
spelling, yeah I know

I was there just over a year ago. I hunted occasionally, did very little shooting. I only had a single shot 22, a snubnose, and a 12g pump - and about 2 dozen rounds combined.

Went to wally, they were out of almost everything. panic.

So, I haunted every ammo counter for miles around. Found some online ads. Learned about milsurps. Got my HCP and C&R. Joined the NRA, GOA, and started hanging around here.

Now a year older - a little wiser - 20+ arms and 10k+ rounds richer - many $$$ poorer.

As Charlie would say, "That's how you do it, son." :death:

How would you feel if you went to your ammo locker (or where ever you stored your ammo) and it had less than one box in it?

For whatever reason your ammo is gone.

You shot it all up, it was borrowed, it was stolen or none of your backorders have came in yet......... ect

What would be your first action of recourse?

Buy the small cheap stuff first?

Call a buddy and beg?

Sell some of the wifes shoes to go get whatever the local Walmart had?

ect.............

Or would you just never get in a situation like this?:death:

I would come to your house and take your ammo, since you hoard all the ammo anyhow.

I have my "shooting stash" and my "saving stash". I never touch the saving stash unless I absolutely have to and then I replace whatever I used as fast as I can. Otherwise my stockpile will only get used if the zombies come. :)

X2, I highly doubt I will ever get in this situation. Should something bad happen like theft, I would simply spend the following Saturday tracking down at least 500 rounds of every caliber rifle and handgun that I own. If I didn't have the money, I would have to resort to taking out a personal loan or having one of my vehicle's refinanced or something. I simply can NOT be without ammo.