Cool New TN 1911 Manufacturer

Guest C3Defense

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mexico came in to the discussion when someone referred to Hero Gear's "mexican parts."
I don't think it was Hero Gear's Mexican parts. I think it was a reference to going to Hero-Gear and looking at Kimbers. Some Kimbers use MIM parts.

We use Caspian, Ed Brown, Cylinder and Slide, Novak, Kart, and Wilson Combat parts....100% USA baby ;)

We use Caspian, Ed Brown, Cylinder and Slide, Novak, Kart, and Wilson Combat parts....100% USA baby ;)

Fitted and put together the right way I'll add. :)

This thread reminds me of a lesson in communications class in college where the prof tells the first person in a row a message and that person tells the one behind them and so on until it gets to the end of the last row. The message at the end bares only some resemblance to the original message. :)

Fitted and put together the right way I'll add. :)

This thread reminds me of a lesson in communications class in college where the prof tells the first person in a row a message and that person tells the one behind them and so on until it gets to the end of the last row. The message at the end bares only some resemblance to the original message. :)

Yeah, did you hear that Hero-Gear was purchased by a new 1911 company in West Tn, that is using Mexican slave labor to make Les Baer pistols? ;)

Guest JHatmaker
Yeah, did you hear that Hero-Gear was purchased by a new 1911 company in West Tn, that is using Mexican slave labor to make Les Baer pistols? ;)

Awh man, does that mean my 1911 will say "Artes de heroe" on the slide now?

Why does a Millington, TN. company have a Washington St. phone number. The pistols do look nice.

Olympic Arms, Inc. - Pistols – 1911

Could it be they are associated with Olympic Arms. Area codes 206 & 360

are in the same area of Washington state. If this is the case I'd be asking

for my money back. They may be getting their forgings from Olympic

and doing the finishing in Millington. Would be nice if someone in the

Memphis area could do a drive by and see if there is a actual shop and

not just a front building.

Guest Crunchman

I got to meet the owner of C.O. Arms, Tommy Cantrell. I asked about the phone number, it's an answering service that emails messages to him. Messages are read and responded to at the end of the day.

One of my good friends has become their sales rep. He has a sample Stinger that he brought to my house. It's well built, good frame to slide fit, really nice finish. It has all the bells and whistles that most of us 1911 guys want. The slide release that has received several comments is actually not really noticeable and I like the ease of operation. Now I just have to convince them to let me give it a range trial. If it preforms as I expect it to, then I'll have one in my collection. I can't say who, because all the paperwork hasn't been finalized, but there are two shops in West Tn. who are going to become stocking dealers for C.O.

Edited by Crunchman
Can't spell :(
I got to meet the owner of C.O. Arms, Tommy Cantrell. I asked about the phone number, it's an answering service that emails messages to him. Messages are read and responded to at the end of the day.

One of my good friends has become their sales rep. He has a sample Stinger that he brought to my house. It's well built, good frame to slide fit, really nice finish. It has all the bells and whistles that most of us 1911 guys want. The slide release that has received several comments is actually not really noticeable and I like the ease of operation. Now I just have to convince them to let me give it a range trial. If it preforms as I expect it to, then I'll have one in my collection. I can't say who, because all the paperwork hasn't been finalized, but there are two shops in West Tn. who are going to become stocking dealers for C.O.

That solves a lot of the mystery.

Guest C.O. Arms

Good morning all. I got an email about this thread so I thought I would stop by. It appears I need to answer a few questions. First C.O. Arms is an entirely Tennessee based company. The phone number is to an answering service, this was done because most of the time we are out in the shop working not in the office so there is no one to answer the phone. Plus with the answering service calls are forwarded to the right person to deal with that particular call thus better customer service in the long run. Next we are not affiliated with Olympic Arms in any way; C.O. Arms is its own independent company. Thank you to who ever it was that pointed out the warranty information has been left off the web site, I will contact the webmaster today and have that changed. C.O. Arms offers a warranty for the lifetime of the pistol. That is to say that if the original owner trades or sells the gun the warranty goes with it. Our warranty covers any defects in material or workmanship. Next to address the name of one of our pistols “ The Stinger” when this gun was named I did not know about Les’s pistol bearing the same name, we named our gun based on a comment made in the shop about the recoil of that size pistol stinging the hand. (Although it really does not the little gun shoots quite well and handles like a dream) We are looking at other options to name this pistol. The next issue I seem to have heard a lot about is the side of the slide and the engraving on it. This is something I have wanted to change but the feedback from you guys has given me the ammo I need to get it done and a revised engraving is being worked on as I type this. The last item I will address is the price of the guns. No apologies it is expensive to build a 100 % U.S. made pistol with all U.S. labor. Our entire product is 100 % U.S. made from the steel in the parts to the wood in the grips to the plastic in the case all 100 % U.S. Team this with the fact we use the highest quality components machined on state of the art CNC equipment then finished the old fashion way by hand and you have one very fine pistol that will last several lifetimes. We also make a point of paying our people a decent wage so they can support their families and care about the work they produce. In short we know that the guns we offer will stand up beside guns costing twice as much and shine in their performance.

Lastly we always welcome folks who want to come by but because of the work schedule we ask that you call first and set up a time. I will gladly set down with you share a cup of coffee and answer question or whatever has long as I have set that time aside for you. Do not mean this to be rude but there are many times I can not stop what I am doing to receive visitors and if someone wants to visit I want to give them the time so if you will help me out with this I would appreciate it.

Good morning all. I got an email about this thread so I thought I would stop by. It appears I need to answer a few questions. First C.O. Arms is an entirely Tennessee based company. The phone number is to an answering service, this was done because most of the time we are out in the shop working not in the office so there is no one to answer the phone. Plus with the answering service calls are forwarded to the right person to deal with that particular call thus better customer service in the long run. Next we are not affiliated with Olympic Arms in any way; C.O. Arms is its own independent company. Thank you to who ever it was that pointed out the warranty information has been left off the web site, I will contact the webmaster today and have that changed. C.O. Arms offers a warranty for the lifetime of the pistol. That is to say that if the original owner trades or sells the gun the warranty goes with it. Our warranty covers any defects in material or workmanship. Next to address the name of one of our pistols “ The Stinger†when this gun was named I did not know about Les’s pistol bearing the same name, we named our gun based on a comment made in the shop about the recoil of that size pistol stinging the hand. (Although it really does not the little gun shoots quite well and handles like a dream) We are looking at other options to name this pistol. The next issue I seem to have heard a lot about is the side of the slide and the engraving on it. This is something I have wanted to change but the feedback from you guys has given me the ammo I need to get it done and a revised engraving is being worked on as I type this. The last item I will address is the price of the guns. No apologies it is expensive to build a 100 % U.S. made pistol with all U.S. labor. Our entire product is 100 % U.S. made from the steel in the parts to the wood in the grips to the plastic in the case all 100 % U.S. Team this with the fact we use the highest quality components machined on state of the art CNC equipment then finished the old fashion way by hand and you have one very fine pistol that will last several lifetimes. We also make a point of paying our people a decent wage so they can support their families and care about the work they produce. In short we know that the guns we offer will stand up beside guns costing twice as much and shine in their performance.

Lastly we always welcome folks who want to come by but because of the work schedule we ask that you call first and set up a time. I will gladly set down with you share a cup of coffee and answer question or whatever has long as I have set that time aside for you. Do not mean this to be rude but there are many times I can not stop what I am doing to receive visitors and if someone wants to visit I want to give them the time so if you will help me out with this I would appreciate it.

Great first post and welcome to TGO!

Guest jackdm3

Since I've read about you, I've wanted to set up a TGO Memphis members field trip. I only expect maybe 10 or so, but I think that would be better than you doing a lot of individual tours. We would need your hours of operation to coordinate and be mindful of your time. Weekends?

Since I've read about you, I've wanted to set up a TGO Memphis members field trip. I only expect maybe 10 or so, but I think that would be better than you doing a lot of individual tours. We would need your hours of operation to coordinate and be mindful of your time. Weekends?

I would be up for a group trip.

Welcome, nice to know that area code is an answering service and you have no

association with Oly Arms. Look forward to seeing some actual end user tests.

Also I hope you will offer a conventional slide stop as a option. Matter of personal

tastes and opinion, but I find extended slide stops, like full lenght guide rods

more a hinderance that a help.

Guest Crunchman

I'm not easily impressed, but Tommy and his wife struck me as being good people. He has an old fashioned ethic of hard work, attention to detail, and customer satisfaction. He has also stepped up to the plate and become a statewide sponsor of the FNRA. Look for one of his 1911s up for auction at your local banquet/auction.