What was your first car/truck?

Guest Baddawg865

Guest Baddawg865

Due to the broad range of ages on TGO, I was curious to what was your first vehicle. And a story behind it if there was one.

Mine was a 1987 Pontiac Trans Am. It was my moms everyday driver. I turned 16, and begged to have that car. Probably wasn't a good idea. I raced that car just about everyday after school.:biglol: Good Times!!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I convinced my parents to buy a Nissan 2wd Pick up. 1988 or 1989 model. I raced it, I went mudding in it, I drifted (before drifting was a word) on gravel roads, I jumped it, and my older brother took it after I was done, thing wouldn't die. I paid for gas.

The first one I bought, just graduated high school and got of Army AIT, 1991, I bought a 1989 Jeep Wrangler YJ. Wish I still had it.

1982 Mazda RX-7. Only 100 HP, but the rotary engine seemed to have no redline and the car weighed almost nothing. By the time I was in college, the plastic on the door panels was melted and I took the doors apart to replace it with better fabric. I was absolutely amazed at how their was virtually no protection at all. That car was a backroads burner but I'm so blessed that I never wrecked it. Sold it during my first year of law school to get something with a reliable air-conditioner. By that time it had an engine from a 2nd Gen RX-7, new paint and new interior. A friend of my dad's bought it and gave it to his 18 year old son. It was totaled less than a week later. Someday I'll get another small, rear-drive, two-seater.

Guest uofmeet

my dad had bought a 98 and brand new dodge dakota. i took over the payments and got the truck in 2000. i was starting my junior year in HS. a 2.5 liter 5 speed......i am not even sure if it would even do 95MPH.....

Guest 1817ak47

first wa 66 dodge dart 2dr ht 270 with a 225 I-6. I need to get that car and fix it up needs so much work though, everyone in high school knew it was my car when they saw it.

I later had a 89 s10 4 cyl 5 spd, now we ran over all sort o crap with that and into stuff. also went off-road alot, had to go fast 2 wd with open rear end didn't work good for mud puddles.

A 1976 two-tone green, full-size Chevy van. It was quite the babe magnet. :biglol: My first girlfriend's dad refused to let her ride in it. And no, there wasn't a mattress or disco ball in the back. It was actually in pretty good shape and ran great. Though it did get 8 mpg.

Guest benrook88
A 1976 two-tone green, full-size Chevy van. It was quite the babe magnet. :) My first girlfriend's dad refused to let her ride in it. And no, there wasn't a mattress or disco ball in the back. It was actually in pretty good shape and ran great. Though it did get 8 mpg.

Haha that's awesome man.

1979 Ford Pinto that was passed down from my stepmom.

Got it at 16. Hunter green outside, brown interior. Called it the green turd.

Had it for about 6 months. Tried to kill it everyday. Ran it out of water, burned up the oil until the rocker arms popped off of the pushrods. My dad would fill up the oil, the water, put the rockers back on with a large screwdriver, and off it would go again.

Traded/sold it for a 1976 Chevy Monte Carlo.