Gun deal feel thru....

Ok, for all you peeps who have had a gun deal fall thru, how long does it take to get over it? I had snagged a Springfield XD40sc last week, guy was selling for his bro and seller got tied up with his family and we couldn't close deal Saturday. His bro got "upset" and decided not to sell it after all. I was very, what's a good word, pi$$ed - to say the least. Guess I memorialize it on the back of my car....:rolleyes:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how long does it take to get over it?

Nothing to "get over". If it’s that good of a deal I know that the deal is not done until I have gun in my hand and the seller is gone. Just like buying and selling cars… until you see tail lights driving off; there is no deal. :rolleyes:

Understandable. I've had 2 "no-shows" -- once when selling, and once when buying. Knuckleheads wouldn't even answer their phones. Irked me then, but things have a way of working out. Sold the first one for more $ 2 weeks later, and found something I liked better about 3 weeks after missing out on what I had gone to buy. So just chill and think pleasant thoughts. It's all good.

I don't give them a second thought. What I regret is the chances I had to actually score a really good deal on something and let it slip through my hands. That, I could have changed the outcome of.

I once bought a motorcycle on ebay. It was at a pawn shop in Alabama. When I went to pick it up, an old man there asked me if I liked guns. He showed me a pretty nice Remington 41RF double derringer, and priced it for $175! It was worth more than the $1000 motorcycle I brought home. I didn't buy it because my wife was already pizzed about the bike. She'd have gotten over it. Those are the deals I regret.

Edited by gregintenn

The only one that still irks me is a revolver I wanted to buy from another member who shall remain nameless. After setting up meetings x3 and him changing at the last minute, he finally just said he decided not to sell.

Luckily that isn't the norm here.

I understand. About two years ago a guy at work asked if I'd be interested in buying his AR. I asked how much, $250 he answers.:rolleyes: So I go hit the ATM and follow

him to his house. We get there and he pulls out a beautiful.....

...Hi Point Carbine. :rolleyes::wall::P

I politely declined.

buk

Guest BEARMAN
I understand. About two years ago a guy at work asked if I'd be interested in buying his AR. I asked how much, $250 he answers.:rolleyes: So I go hit the ATM and follow

him to his house. We get there and he pulls out a beautiful.....

...Hi Point Carbine. :P:wall::wall:

I politely declined.

buk

Buk, If that ain't the craziest thing!...dude actually thought his Hi Point, was an AR???

Went from an Instant "high" to an Instant "low" in a split second, I bet. :rolleyes:

I got two hours from my house when a Member from here called and told me he didn't

want to do the deal. Three days later he listed it here for a trade instead. I was upset at first. Next day got over it. This has happen to me twice on this site. I don't mind if they cancel before I am on my way. When they waste my time and money for travel I get pissed.

Now I will only deal with people I know or have been around TGO for awhile.

Guest Eagle One

I guess I was raised differently, if I tell you I am going to sell you something and then I change my mind, you will never know I changed my mind because I am a man of my word. I would have to sell it to you whether I wanted to or not. The mind changers need to cowboy-up and do what they say.

I guess I was raised differently, if I tell you I am going to sell you something and then I change my mind, you will never know I changed my mind because I am a man of my word. I would have to sell it to you whether I wanted to or not. The mind changers need to cowboy-up and do what they say.

I'm definitely with you there. I've lost money on deals because I realized too late what I was selling. But my word is my word and if I tell you something, I'm sticking to it. If folks aren't sure they want to sell something, they need not offer it!

I'm definitely with you there. I've lost money on deals because I realized too late what I was selling. But my word is my word and if I tell you something, I'm sticking to it. If folks aren't sure they want to sell something, they need not offer it!

+1 on that. There's another site around here that is a club of gun owners... there are more deadbeats and flaky members on that site... I've made mistakes when buying or selling, but my name and reputation is worth more than a couple bucks. Some people try to justify it by saying it's taking food off the table... if that's true, they shouldn't be trying to buy a gun in the first place.

Guest tnvolfan

You know FtncityFatboy, I feel somewhat responsible for your grief. Was it my XD-40 SC that got you hooked that Tuesday at CCA, or had you shot someone else's XD? I guess I am a big believer in God's will, fate, or whatever you want to call it. If I give something my best effort, and things still fall through, it's true that I'm disappointed, but it's like it must be all for the best. If it wasn't meant for you to have that gun, then I figure there must be something wrong with it that God's protecting you from. I used to get angry waiting in traffic jams, but then I think, I could have been ahead of this jam and be the one in the accident that caused the jam in the first place.

You will get your XD-40 SC, and it will be better than this one you lost. Trust that thought, cause it's true. :koolaid:

Guest db99wj
Ok, for all you peeps who have had a gun deal fall thru, how long does it take to get over it? I had snagged a Springfield XD40sc last week, guy was selling for his bro and seller got tied up with his family and we couldn't close deal Saturday. His bro got "upset" and decided not to sell it after all. I was very, what's a good word, pi$$ed - to say the least. Guess I memorialize it on the back of my car....:koolaid:

Never had it happen to me, but had to say, due to this comment you win the internet for the rest of the day!:P:p

Exactly. thumbsup.gif

If I tell you “It’s yours” or “I’ll take it”, you can take that to the bank. Unfortunately though that does not seem to be the norm. For many, money means more than their own integrity. You are correct; it was how you were raised.

Edited by DaveTN

I had this "Mr. H" really expressed his interest in my PX4 Storm .45 twice and stood me up both times.

Once shame on you ... twice shame on me ... third time ain't going to happen cause the price just jumped $500 bucks. AFAIC he can go pull some counter clerks pud and waste his time.

Guest AmericanWorkMule

I had a fella on here show up and was short on the agreed cash price and said he would send the $5 when he got home. Reckon he got lost, that was almost a year ago.