I just found out...

Sandman

I was eating breakfast today and my wife shows me a pregnancy test that she took this morning. Positive. It appears that I'm gonna be a first time father...I'm speechless, nervous, scared, awed...I'm just about any adjective you can think of. We are confirming tomorrow so I'm not getting my hopes up just yet. All this to say, be watching the classifieds soon...I will probably need some money.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bronker

Awesome news! There is no greater blessing in the world than having a child.

I remember when my wife told me. It was 4 days after 9/11, and we were celebrating our one-year anniversary in Gatlinburg.

Like all of America, I was already experiencing multiple tragic emotions. Fear, anger, disgust.

I spent a half hour trying to gather myself together, as I experienced a whole new set of emotions. More intense was the fear, anger, etc. because now I was responsible for the protection of a child. Protecting him from a world that would do such a thing to his fellow man.

But then, by the grace of the Father, I found resolve. I found pride. I found a reason to stand in the gap.

That boy was born 7 months later, and now is a 75 lb solid. He has a 3 year-old sister as well.

So, now that my thread-jacking tyrade is over;), I'll just say that you should better be prepared for a wealth of emotions! But believe me, they are all so wonderful!

Congrats, man.

Awesome news! There is no greater blessing in the world than having a child.

I remember when my wife told me. It was 4 days after 9/11, and we were celebrating our one-year anniversary in Gatlinburg.

Like all of America, I was already experiencing multiple tragic emotions. Fear, anger, disgust.

I spent a half hour trying to gather myself together, as I experienced a whole new set of emotions. More intense was the fear, anger, etc. because now I was responsible for the protection of a child. Protecting him from a world that would do such a thing to his fellow man.

But then, by the grace of the Father, I found resolve. I found pride. I found a reason to stand in the gap.

That boy was born 7 months later, and now is a 75 lb solid. He has a 3 year-old sister as well.

So, now that my thread-jacking tyrade is over;), I'll just say that you should better be prepared for a wealth of emotions! But believe me, they are all so wonderful!

Congrats, man.

nice post Bronker;) you sound like a great dad. To the OP I'm sure you will do fine! congrats!!!

Congratulations, and welcome to the hardest, most terrifying, and demanding job in history ... ... and worth every gray hair it will give you.

By the way -- my boy is now 27, and a good man. You'll keep worrying, (though about different things as your child gets older), and that's what causes the gray hair to turn white !!!

PS --- the worry and work is more than offset by the pride and love ...

Guest walkingdeadman

I am reading this while listening to my own 6 month old baby girl jibber-jabber away in her playpen. It will change your life in soooo many ways...So congrats. Save money, and buy diapers and butt-cream.

Guest Bluemax

JF Sounds like serious congratulations are in order. Some time I have a story I would like to share with you about our dads. My Dad was very fond of Bobby and Sue and gave Bobby s**t every chance he got. A heartfelt congratulations from Michelle and I and keep up the good work, we need to keep adding to our familes future generation.